tanknet.org

Because Trump 2.0

Dont have your company in a place with overcapitalized real estate. High wages in a high cost area is self defeating. Your cleaners and non tech staff have to live in the same real estate nightmare.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• DKTanker

• Murph

• Paul G.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Simon Tan said:

Dont have your company in a place with overcapitalized real estate. High wages in a high cost area is self defeating. Your cleaners and non tech staff have to live in the same real estate nightmare.

Unless one could employ Gastarbeiters... 😏. At least in Singapore they do it legally, but in the Bay Area...

34 minutes ago, sunday said:

RETAC21, that is about the USA, and you forgot the infamous H1B visas so dear to Silicon Valley, as they allow to recruit foreign engineers, and software artisans that are cheaper than the US-equivalent. Sometimes with less than stellar effects, as the later technological failures of Intel show.

True, but still part of the overall globalisation of the economy.

Gastarbeiters are fine if they don't have family and live many to a shoebox. One of the biggest problems is that they compete with locals for any lower cost housing that is already in short supply.

Biden was right, he ran the most extensive vote fraud organization in the history of the US.  Vote fraud is rampant, and the Lying Fake News b*st*rds in the media (even Fox) are covering it up.  The DOJ is doing nothing, and of course the FBI is aiding and abetting this.  30 pieces of silver for Bill Barr.

Now they are bragging about it on Fakebook: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/self-described-dem-party-worker-detroit-resident-brags-facebook-work-wayne-co-mi-threw-every-trump-ballot-saw-tens-thousands-co-worke/

43 minutes ago, Brian Kennedy said:

Holy shit, did you just come across this randomly or are people actually circulating John Mcafee quotes as a source of wisdom now?

The inventor of the antivirus software. Hmm, yes, I could see why people would mistake him for Confucius.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Biden was right, he ran the most extensive vote fraud organization in the history of the US.  Vote fraud is rampant, and the Lying Fake News b*st*rds in the media (even Fox) are covering it up.  The DOJ is doing nothing, and of course the FBI is aiding and abetting this.  30 pieces of silver for Bill Barr.

Now they are bragging about it on Fakebook: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/self-described-dem-party-worker-detroit-resident-brags-facebook-work-wayne-co-mi-threw-every-trump-ballot-saw-tens-thousands-co-worke/

"UPDATE: Keil Fauxton (not his real name) has contacted us via email.

Here is his message to us:

I am humbly asking you to please update this. It was a joke for my few followers, I never intended to receive anyone. I\’ve never been a ballot counter."

(Further down in the same article)

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson
10 hours ago, sunday said:

Bojan would correct me, but I think the divisions in Yugoslavia were basically religious. Then there are the Albanians of Kosovo, of course.

Yes and no.

They were there because at some moment in the 19th century both Orthodox and Catholic church declared Serbs/Croats can be only Orthodox/Catholics. Ofc, not all cooperated and writer Ivo Andric was baptized as Catholic but considered himself a Serb (OTOH he also declared as atheist for the most of his life).

Real root cause of the Serbian/Croatian conflict was in the free status of the Serbian border guards in Austria/A-H, while Croats (except those living at a Military border as a border guards) were feudal levies. Even worst for them they could not move to Military border and become "free", while Serbs could come from Turkish occupied lands. So Serbs were seen as someone who came there and got more rights than Croats.

It gets even more complicated with Muslims, since they are Serbs and Croats who have converted (whole thing about "Bosnian nationality" is a load of bull. Very few people see them as a "Bosnian*" in the sense of nationality there. That did not prevent some of them to consider themself Serbs or Croats - Muhamed Mehmedbasic, Mesa Selimovic and Mustafa Golubic being most prominent historically.

*Greatest rift among Muslims in the South Serbia ATM is that some declare as Serbs and some as "Bosnians". Which is hilarious, since Bosnia does not recognize "Bosnian" nationality, only Muslim, Croat and Serb.

Overall I would say that religion was mostly used as a cover for a national ambition, through all Churches were very, very guilty of pouring oil into fire.

As for Albanians it is even more complicated, since they have very strong divisions themself among Muslim, Catholic and Orthodox.

Edited by bojan
7 hours ago, Brian Kennedy said:

e5m is correct about the stats but completely wrong to blame it on immigrants. 

So where do the people causing wage/housing/etc inflation come from?

6 hours ago, Brian Kennedy said:

Shared sense of values vs ethnicity is the USAian ideal, which we don’t always live up to but honestly do it better than a lot of other countries. Not quite as good as Australia and Canada, which are both becoming pretty multi-ethnic, but we have a much larger population and the whole slavery legacy we are still dealing with. 

As places become "diverse" they invariably become more shithole, as well as less Australian, Canadian, etc.  

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

You only have to look at what seems to be the average person going to food banks in America. 7 times out of 10 they were driving the biggest SUV you could get. And the point was, it wasnt poor people living beyond their means. It was people comfortably within their means, suddenly cast out of it.

You're assbackwards, as usual, Stuart.  Yes, I'm sure you do it deliberately, no need to confirm or deny.  The parasites live ostentatious lives of frivolous consumption, and they grab up Free Shit(TM) whenever and wherever they can.  Any US urban shithole is absolutely overrun with all manner of "aid" infrastructure dedicated to getting 125% of available Free Shit(TM)  S/F....Ken M

4 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

The people with decision making authority don't want to suffer the consequences of diversity, it's that simple.  They shamelessly exploit the positives of 1st world culture while importing the termites that destroy said culture, because they are allowed to.  S/F....Ken M 

So explain to me why the US at the turn of the last century, made up of Irishmen, Englishmen, Italians, Poles, Russians, Belgians, French, Germans, Greeks, Chinese Swiss, African Americans, Pagan's, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, not forgetting the Native Americans, was not diverse? By your own definition, your country would have been a shithole for the past 150 years.

I can see it now. Its the 1930's. America is suffering from the twin mistfortunes of the wallstreet crash and the dustbowl. Entire farms are being wound up, packed into the back of model T fords, and lo and behold there is the 1930's equivalent of E5M lamenting the middle class have their hands held out for more Free Shit(TM) because they are still driving around in their Model T's, when its the last fucking thing on earth they own.

im assbackwards? Oh my God, the absolute hilarity. 

Are you historically stupid, not just illiterate?  Do you have any idea of the social and political unrest of the "Gilded Age" US?  Shithole to the Nth degree. 

And unlike you talking out of your speculative and gas-lit credulous colon, I have seen first hand and repeatedly, to the point of exhaustion, exactly the cases I described.  Unlike your Grapes of Wrath propaganda, I have actual EXPERIENCE, do you have any fucking experience at anything?  Because honestly Stuart, a Chompsky-bot could do exactly what you spew here and be better conversation.  S/F...Ken M 

6 minutes ago, EchoFiveMike said:

Are you historically stupid, not just illiterate?  Do you have any idea of the social and political unrest of the "Gilded Age" US?  Shithole to the Nth degree. 

And unlike you talking out of your speculative and gas-lit credulous colon, I have seen first hand and repeatedly, to the point of exhaustion, exactly the cases I described.  Unlike your Grapes of Wrath propaganda, I have actual EXPERIENCE, do you have any fucking experience at anything?  Because honestly Stuart, a Chompsky-bot could do exactly what you spew here and be better conversation.  S/F...Ken M 

Hey E5M -- I've always wondered, when did your ancestors move to the US?

So if your country has always been a shithole, why are you all getting so goddam worked up about the Democrats turning it into one? Or is it some confused concern that someone else might turn it into their own shithole? Might it become, so to speak, someone elses sty entirely? A pigging great concern indeed.

As for illiterate, I picked up a great novel 4 years ago by Sinclair Lewis called 'It cant happen here'. You should read it. Consider it homework, you might learn something.

6 minutes ago, Brian Kennedy said:

Hey E5M -- I've always wondered, when did your ancestors move to the US?

1701, the first of them anyways.  S/F....Ken M

Addendum:  More fiction, Stuart?  Really?  

Edited by EchoFiveMike

regarding various posts about economics.  I've been around for both ends of the see-saw.  When Trump was elected it was like a switch had been flipped for us.  Within 30 days our completely silent phone was ringing constantly.  We gave raises for the first time in years.  The staff got Christmas Bonus (nothing left for ownership but c'est la vie).  We paid down debts that were leftover from before the Trump Administration.

Planning for a Trump re-election we had an expansion in mind.  Now those plans are cancelled.  I had two major accounts contact me (one on Friday and the other on Saturday) to let me know we could expect less business from them as they expect to do less now.

See, I have to make payroll every single week.  The folks that work at the company need that money to live.  It is a responsibility.  If my judgement is at fault then everyone suffers.  As E5M says the political class is insulated from their failures.  A mom and pop store is not.  Now we will not be insulated from a failure that is out of our control.

22 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

So explain to me why the US at the turn of the last century, made up of Irishmen, Englishmen, Italians, Poles, Russians, Belgians, French, Germans, Greeks, Chinese Swiss, African Americans, Pagan's, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, not forgetting the Native Americans, was not diverse? By your own definition, your country would have been a shithole for the past 150 years.

Imagine promoting people not based on merit, but because they were Irish into your government during the troubles. Imagine now, if you will, people with connections to Sinn Féin in your opposition party because they were 'diverse'. Or worse, in the primary government. How would that work? Would their diversity bring things to the table that are of benefit? 

The folly of diversity is that everyone is the same and there's no benefit from being from the core culture that makes up the US, BUT if you're not from that culture you bring some special benefits to the table (ie you're differnet) and there are never any bad characteristics you bring to the table. 

Cultures are different, they have various characteristics among their people in aggregate. Theodore Dalrymple talks about this in his book Life at the Bottom. Specifically in how you have two ethnic groups from India that come to the US. Both arrive poor. Within a Generation, the one is on the dole, over represents in criminal stats and the other is under represented in crime stats and is in the top earning members of your society. Pakistani Muslims and Indian Sikhs. Somehow, their brown skin makes them bring things to the table. Never mind that one doesn't look at what their behaviors are. 

Was the UK Diverse in WWII? Did they make an effort to listen to Japanese, Italian and German voices to avoid being mean to those cultures? What about afterwards? Did you take extra special efforts to make sure that Churchill had members of his cabinet that belonged to those cultures? Why not? Were you racists or something? 

"Only the best people"

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/11/09/man-featured-at-giuliani-press-conference-is-a-sex-offender-1335241

Man featured at Giuliani press conference is a convicted sex offender

By MATT FRIEDMAN

11/09/2020 09:28 AM EST

The first person Rudy Giuliani, the attorney for President Donald Trump, called up as a witness to baseless allegations of vote counting shenanigans in Philadelphia during a press conference last week is a sex offender who for years has been a perennial candidate in New Jersey.

“It’s such a shame. This is a democracy,” Daryl Brooks, who said he was a GOP poll watcher, said at the press conference, held at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Northeast Philadelphia. “They did not allow us to see anything. Was it corrupt or not? But give us an opportunity as poll watchers to view all the documents — all of the ballots.”

Trenton political insiders watched with bemusement as Brooks took the podium.

Brooks was incarcerated in the 1990s on charges of sexual assault, lewdness and endangering the welfare of a minor for exposing himself to two girls ages 7 and 11, according to news accounts.

Brooks has run for various offices, including U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives.

POLITICO left a message at a number for Brooks listed online. Brooks said at the press conference that he’s from Philadelphia. POLITICO could not immediately ascertain if and when he moved there.

During the press conference, however, he said he moved to Philadelphia two years ago.

“I started watching it and all of a sudden I was like, ‘there’s New Jersey’s perennial candidate claiming to live in Philadelphia and Giuliani claiming him to be a poll watcher and Philadelphia resident," Trenton Mayor Reed Gusciora said in a phone interview.

James Gee, chief of staff to U.S. Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.), also said he immediately recognized Brooks.

“Yeah, I know Daryl. It’s so fitting that he would be there,” Gee said.

Gee said he believed Brooks was hired for Hillary Clinton‘s campaign in 2016.

“People don’t pay attention to who they hire. They’re just trying to get bodies, particularly if it’s a white organizer,” said Gee, who’s Black. “And this time apparently, I guess he was on the Republican side of the watchers.“

24 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Imagine promoting people not based on merit, but because they were Irish into your government during the troubles. Imagine now, if you will, people with connections to Sinn Féin in your opposition party because they were 'diverse'. Or worse, in the primary government. How would that work? Would their diversity bring things to the table that are of benefit? 

The folly of diversity is that everyone is the same and there's no benefit from being from the core culture that makes up the US, BUT if you're not from that culture you bring some special benefits to the table (ie you're differnet) and there are never any bad characteristics you bring to the table. 

Cultures are different, they have various characteristics among their people in aggregate. Theodore Dalrymple talks about this in his book Life at the Bottom. Specifically in how you have two ethnic groups from India that come to the US. Both arrive poor. Within a Generation, the one is on the dole, over represents in criminal stats and the other is under represented in crime stats and is in the top earning members of your society. Pakistani Muslims and Indian Sikhs. Somehow, their brown skin makes them bring things to the table. Never mind that one doesn't look at what their behaviors are. 

Was the UK Diverse in WWII? Did they make an effort to listen to Japanese, Italian and German voices to avoid being mean to those cultures? What about afterwards? Did you take extra special efforts to make sure that Churchill had members of his cabinet that belonged to those cultures? Why not? Were you racists or something? 

You are well aware Sir Arthur Wellesley was Irish, right? So the Irish were not beyond promotion in the British establishment, as long as they were not, as with the United Irishmen, determined to declare independence. The British Government was always a bit upset about that kind of thing. 

Catholicism, well of course that was a hinderence. So was being Jewish. I dont remotely defend it, but your country always put freedom of religion first. Its the bedrock you were built on. In that degree your country has been significantly more progressive.

During WW2, yes I would argue we were diverse, to an unappreciated degree..For example in the RAF, they had African or Carribean servicemen flying unsegregated alongside their white counterparts. OK, so perhaps the Army wasnt quite as forward thinking, but we were a distinct contrast, not that im criticizing im aware of your difficult history, to he US Armed Forces, which didnt have desegregation until after the Korean war.

jhyde.jpeg

Edited by Stuart Galbraith