• Stuart Galbraith

• DKTanker

• Murph

• Paul G.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

But probably too much to hope for.

Biden has been declared. So thats that then.

Well, to be fair, that's just a media decision, there's no official declaration that someone has won at this point.

Let's say Biden wins. For Trumpnet that would be a huge win. You can blame absolutely everything on the Democrats, just like now, but you do not have to defend the follies of Trump.

And no, this was actually just partly sarcastic.

Just now, Der Zeitgeist said:

Well, to be fair, that's just a media decision, there's no official declaration that someone has won at this point.

Well we will probably wait another 3 weeks for that to arrive. :D

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

There is a press conference by the Trump team ongoing now.

Giuliani announces lawsuits to be filed Monday in PA. Looks like Trump is not conceding.

Giuliani reminds me of Robert Duvall in The Godfather. But this one looks like a good wartime consigliere.

Edited by sunday
1 hour ago, sunday said:

I demand you to retract that.

1 hour ago, sunday said:

So for you it is the same to organize riots as to having individuals exercising their rights to self defense when there is an actual risk for their lives. Nice to know.

At least you do not put the blame of the most notoriously hyped cases of "police brutality", like George Floyd death, on Donald J Trump. Or do you?

José, if you want to be part of the momentum driving the US down its current trajectory as an outsider, that's your choice. I'm not going to become a partisan in the intra-American narrative-pushing contest, so don't try to be one when I'm making outsider observations. As I said, the only ones who can resolve this conflict or else burn down their own house are the Americans themselves. The rest of us will just have to deal with that. 

1 hour ago, sunday said:

Actually I had heard that same 'glitchy' software is in at least 30 other states including ALL the swing states.

I'm not sure if that's hyperbole or not.

Edited by NickM

It is, and I've read the glitchy software is made by a company mainly owned by the husband of California Senator Dianne Feinstein, but that is not necessarily relevant.

3 minutes ago, sunday said:

It is, and I've read the glitchy software is made by a company mainly owned by the husband of California Senator Dianne Feinstein, but that is not necessarily relevant.

Didn't you say you want to post sources that can be verified, just an hour ago? 🤔

9 minutes ago, sunday said:

Richard Blum!? Is this true?

5 minutes ago, NickM said:

Richard Blum!? Is this true?

After some search, looks like no, it is not true. Did not want to put that here in full because I think it is not relevant, and now I am glad I did not.

3 minutes ago, NickM said:

just saw Biden is president---if there isn't a count challenge.

Until one of the two is inaugurated in january 2021 the options are open, I think.

2 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Generalized as in divorced from the racial background and blended into the overall partisan fighting. As I've noted before, the high-profile incidents at the BLM riots have been pretty much all white-on-white rather than blacks protesting their treatment.

Being able to see local news and the timbre of what's going on it's actually more complex but still all on one side. 

1. You have Street hoods who are up in arms because they have a chance to do some violence.
2. You have woke Atlanta University System Students protesting (also mostly black). They tend on the less violent and are for the dramatic protesting.
3. You have woke white Students protesting the same as the Atlanta University system students. 
4. And you have marxist types who are of some sort of criminal bent who tend on the white spectrum but not always. 

The rioting outside of CNN Center was a mix. The Riot down at the wendys 2 miles from my house was mostly the 1st group. The rioting/looting that went to Lenox/Phipps square was mostly the 1st type. The protesting happens under the auspices of the 2nd and 3rd type who get bored and the 1st and 4th types show up to have some fun. 

Nowhere in this do you have the boogaloo boys or proud boys manifesting except for very distinct instances. 

2 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

The guy who pointed an AK at a car in Texas and got ventilated by the driver for his trouble; the three shot in Kenosha when trying to attack that teenager with an AR; both mace-vs.-handgun incidents in Portland and Denver; could also include the crowd which tried to make restaurant patrons to raise their fists in DC. 

All three of these dudes from Kenosha fall into the 4th category. They weren't students, they were past past criminals who were marxist and wanted to get out and destroy. 

The Trump administration seems ill prepared for its legal challenges. They look like they are just filing random lawsuits to see what sticks rather than executing a coherent strategy. The fact that they called for ballots to stop being counted in some states but still counted in others probably won’t help. Also if GAs recount goes to Biden, Trump will have to reverse the vote in at least three states to get Biden under 270. That would be a heavy legal lift.

theres also the fact that Trump lost the popular vote by 4million, which is most certainly not a count error or fraud of any kind. So any legal challenges making it to SCOTUS have that extra weight on top. It seems exceedingly unlikely there were enough voting irregularities to disprove a 305 electoral / 4 mil popular win.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

theres also the fact that Trump lost the popular vote by 4million, which is most certainly not a count error or fraud of any kind.

Most of those 4 million are because of California, and yes, Californian practices could make most of that difference.

OTH, the different State legislatures appoint the electoral college members, and they are not compelled to consider the result of the different state elections, if I am not wrong in this, something related to this part of the US Constitution:

Each state shall appoint, in such manner as its legislature may direct, a number of electors equal to the whole number of senators and members of the House of Representatives to which the state may be entitled in the legislature.

1 hour ago, BansheeOne said:

José, if you want to be part of the momentum driving the US down its current trajectory as an outsider, that's your choice. I'm not going to become a partisan in the intra-American narrative-pushing contest, so don't try to be one when I'm making outsider observations. As I said, the only ones who can resolve this conflict or else burn down their own house are the Americans themselves. The rest of us will just have to deal with that. 

With what the raving Canadian and the Ostalgie have been muttering for the past few years? Sorry....you seem to be pointing at one fo the few Euro's who's taken the time to really understand how things are working here. 

It's standard procedure for Trump to sue, it's an old tactic he picked up from Roy Cohn. In the 1970s, the Trumps were subject to legal action by New York City for refusing apartments to African Americans. So he  sued them. It didn't work of course, but he has pretended subsequently he did, because he cannot be seen to lose.

It surprised me how little people remember of what Trump was like before he took office, and how little it seems to have changed him.

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

The Trump administration seems ill prepared for its legal challenges. They look like they are just filing random lawsuits to see what sticks rather than executing a coherent strategy.

Time is of the essence in things like this. Say you have ballots being processed and the observers were ejected by what ever means. You have to stop the count to get the observers in to see if malfeasance is happening. If you can't point to observable instances you have no case. But you have to have the observers there to see. 

I've pointed it out and I'll do it again. The Ballot processing location around the corner from my office was reported shut down. To what extent they did so and if it was to get the observers out is a serious question of irregularity. But without observers there to witness the malfeasance it's hard to do anything. 

That the glitchy software was being used to calculate ballot counts in Georgia also raises my hackles. More so as an IT person. There should be a way to checksum this shit instead of just taking the data in and spitting data out in the end. 

4 minutes ago, rmgill said:

With what the raving Canadian and the Ostalgie have been muttering for the past few years? Sorry....you seem to be pointing at one fo the few Euro's who's taken the time to really understand how things are working here. 

I am humbled, Ryan. Thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Agreed.  They hate the fact that under Trump the US started standing up for itself and not giving away the farm to every other nation.  We have a President in Trump who loves our country, unlike Obama, and his ilk who hate our country.