Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

16 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I read what he wrote.

And then twisted to mean what you wanted it to mean.  It's as if you think you can read peoples minds.

16 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Anyway, why am I debating this? You clearly all think on rails. Its useless at this juncture to point out you can change the points, if you want to. You just dont want to, and thats all there is to it. You will have Trump, and nobody else will do.

You can change points all you like but it doesn't make your argument better.  If someone is arguing A, B, or C (that you started), what makes you think X, Y,  and Z are relevant? If you change what point is being argued it just shows how week your argument is to begin with

• Replies 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Old Viktor "Ukraine is too corrupt for accession to the EU, but if you give me ten billion Euros I won't block them" Orban has always been against aid for Kiev. It interfers with him getting cheap Russian gas, Chinese universities and battery factories, and a cut for his cronies who bought up the domestic media telling everyone to look at the gay Muslim gypsies while he rewrites the rules on elections, courts and stuff. 😁

3 hours ago, urbanoid said:

He's paying in dead Russians and destroyed Russian equipment, the more are killed and destroyed the less we have to worry about later.

Possibly, but it looks probable that a percentage of the small arms we are providing to Ukraine is ending up in the hands of the cartels to our south.

22 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Possibly, but it looks probable that a percentage of the small arms we are providing to Ukraine is ending up in the hands of the cartels to our south.

I suppose it's more likely than they end up there directly rather than via Ukraine.

The "US arms supplied to Ukraine ended up with Mexican cartels" thing seems to have started with that Mexican TV report from last summer misidentifying an AT-4 carried by an alleged cartel member as "a Javelin anti-tank missile, like it's currently used in Ukraine". Obviously the Russians gladly jumped on that bandwagon; but Mexico has complained about US military weapons turning up with their narcos since at least 2018, and as the below article notes, Central America has had no shortage of those since the 1980s.

Mexico demands investigation into US military-grade weapons being used by drug cartels

Updated 1:35 AM MEZ, January 23, 2024

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico wants an urgent investigation into how U.S. military-grade weapons are increasingly being found in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, Mexico’s top diplomat said Monday.

Mexico’s army is finding belt-fed machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades that are not sold for civilian use in the United States.

“The (Mexican) Defense Department has warned the United States about weapons entering Mexico that are for the exclusive use of the U.S. army,” Foreign Relations Secretary Alicia Bárcena said. “It is very urgent that an investigation into this be carried out.”

The Mexican army said in June that it had seized 221 fully automatic machine guns, 56 grenade launchers and a dozen rocket launchers from drug cartels since late 2018.

The military-grade U.S. weaponry — which cartels have bragged about and openly displayed on social media — poses a special challenge for Mexico’s army, which along with police and the National Guard already faces cartels operating homemade armored vehicles and bomb-dropping drones.

In June, Defense Secretary Luis Cresencio Sandoval said five rocket launchers had been found in the possession of the Jalisco New Generation cartel, four were seized from the rival Sinaloa cartel and three more seized from other cartels. Sandoval did not specifically say the weapons were from U.S. military stockpiles.

[...]

There are a number of possible routes by which the weapons may have made their way to Mexico. Central America was awash with U.S. weaponry during the conflicts of the 1980s, military grade weapons sometimes go missing from stocks in the United States, and some manufacturers who sell arms to the U.S. military might also have sold some abroad or on the black market.

While the Mexican army and marines still have superior firepower, the drug cartels’ weaponry often now outclasses other branches of Mexican law enforcement.

Mexico has long had a problem with semi-automatic rifles that are permitted for civilian use in the United States being smuggled into Mexico, where only low-caliber firearms are permitted and strictly regulated. Mexico has launched legal actions against U.S. arms manufacturers and gun shops, arguing that they contribute to violence.

On Monday, an appeals court in Boston, Massachusetts handed Mexico a victory in one of those actions, reviving a $10 billion lawsuit against seven U.S. gun manufacturers and one distributor. Mexico argued the companies knew weapons were being sold to traffickers who smuggled them into Mexico and decided to cash in on that market.

In 2022, a U.S. federal judge dismissed Mexico’s claims based on the broad protection provided to gun manufacturers by a 2005 U.S. law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, or PLCAA. The law shields gun manufacturers from damages “resulting from the criminal or unlawful misuse” of a firearm.

Mexico appealed that ruling, and on Monday the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, saying the PLCAA did not apply to the claims the guns caused deaths, damages and injuries in Mexico. The appeals court returned the case to the lower court, to consider the facts in the case.

The Mexican government estimates 70% of the weapons trafficked into Mexico come from the U.S., according to the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

[...]

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-military-weapons-drug-cartels-united-states-659fecf40efc9977e8b127aed3ee5254

How much of armaments are US aid or sales to central/south american governments that go out the back door of the armory? 

Edited by rmgill

Much more than are being sent to Ukraine, walk out of armories there, and are trafficked all the way back to Mexico, I'm sure. If there's in fact some of the latter, it probably doesn't even register vs. the former.

3 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

The overwhelming majority of the cartel weapons are purchased in the US anyway.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, Stuart Galbraith said:

Bu the isn't talking about the US Government. He is talking about an Ex President inviting a Dictator to his ranch, and talking everyone how he wants to be like him.

If Obama had visited Castro or Maduro and said 'This is the way it's going to be' would you have been so sodding apathetic? Somehow I seriously doubt it.

Well it's on your heads. I told you he was going to be a fucking disaster in 2016. Does anyone give me credit for observing the bleeding obvious? Of course not.

By and large - he wasn't a disaster in 2016.  The disaster was when CHina carelessly let Covid out of the lab and the Democrats used it as an excuse to loosen  voting rules instead of supporting better election security.

How is it Stuart forgets Obama’s flexibility after the election with Putin or with Biden green lighting Putin’s invasion so long as its a small incursion?

This wasn’t an ex president making soothing noises towards someone for some small reason. This was a president giving a foe (that Stuart considers a foe) a green light for not one but TWO invasions. 

And yet, somehow Trump is the only one who didn’t have such an invasion?

Come on Stu, go for a Trifecta, tell us how Trump screwed up with Haiti while ignoring the Clinton foundation's reconstruction of Haiti by shifting aid money into staff and luxury accommodation for Hillary and family. 

Edited by rmgill

On 2/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, BansheeOne said:

Hm, it may just be another unconnected individual example, or the trend may be spreading to anti-globalist fears about Trumpist China policy. Of note, like the RT piece I spotted first, the below popped up for me on an aggregator more representing the left wing of the movement.

https://geopoliticaleconomy.substack.com/p/putin-tucker-carlson-china-cia?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=457596&post_id=141550453&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=true&r=flp3u&utm_medium=email

Well, I've now seen three ZeroHedge pieces blasting Trump for different things he said within less than 24 hours. The two latter are about lauding himself for the rapid roll-out COVID vaccines, for which he has been booed on stage by his base before; the former is arguably indeed a considerable flip-flop on TikTok, though that's of course not unusual for Trump after being talked to by a different lobbyist. Like the couple instances of criticism from the international, more left wing of anti-globalism noted before, this might be just a fluke. Or the ZeroHedge wing is now starting to zerohedge expectations for an increasingly likely Trump return, too.

"Trump Just Sold Out": Bizarre TikTok Flip-Flop Followed Meeting With Hedge Fund Manager Who Has $30 Billion Investment

by Tyler Durden

Monday, Mar 11, 2024 - 03:30 PM

Donald Trump is now to the left of President Biden when it comes to TikTok - with Biden telling reporters recently that if Congress passes a bipartisan proposal that could ban the Chinese-owned video-sharing app on national security grounds (whether it actually poses a threat or not), "I'll sign it."

The comment came after the House Energy and Commerce Committee unanimously passed the bipartisan bill that would force the sale of TikTok by ByteDance, or face a ban in the United States. According to Punchbowl News, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise wants it on the floor Wednesday of this week.

Former President Trump, however - despite repeatedly pushing for a TikTok ban or sale when he was President, has done a complete 180 on the company - and now claims that TikTok, the alleged national security risk, should be allowed to continue on because getting rid of it would benefit Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook.

"If you get rid of TikTok, Facebook and Zuckerschmuck will double their business," Trump posted to Truth Social.

He reiterated the comments in a Monday appearance on CNBC.

Earlier in Trump's answer he seemingly blamed 'lobbyists' for Congress's inability to ban TikTok when he was president.

...yet, that appears to be exactly what happened to Trump - who recently met with billionaire fund manager and GOP donor Jeff Yass, who has a stake in TikTok worth more than $30 billion, according to Punchbowl News.

[...]

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-just-sold-out-bizarre-tiktok-flip-flop-followed-meeting-hedge-fund-manager-who-has

Trump "Clearly Hasn't Learned From His COVID-Era Mistakes", RFK Jr. Says

by Tyler Durden

Monday, Mar 11, 2024 - 10:00 PM

Authored by Jeff Louderback via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

President Joe Biden claimed that COVID vaccines are now helping cancer patients during his State of the Union address on March 7, but it was a response on Truth Social from former President Donald Trump that drew the ire of independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

During the address, President Biden said: “The pandemic no longer controls our lives. The vaccines that saved us from COVID are now being used to help beat cancer, turning setback into comeback. That’s what America does.”

President Trump wrote: “The Pandemic no longer controls our lives. The VACCINES that saved us from COVID are now being used to help beat cancer—turning setback into comeback. YOU’RE WELCOME JOE. NINE-MONTH APPROVAL TIME VS. 12 YEARS THAT IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU.”

An outspoken critic of President Trump’s COVID response, and the Operation Warp Speed program that escalated the availability of COVID vaccines, Mr. Kennedy said on X, formerly known as Twitter, that “Donald Trump clearly hasn’t learned from his COVID-era mistakes.”

“He fails to recognize how ineffective his warp speed vaccine is as the ninth shot is being recommended to seniors. Even more troubling is the documented harm being caused by the shot to so many innocent children and adults who are suffering myocarditis, pericarditis, and brain inflammation,” Mr. Kennedy remarked.

“This has been confirmed by a CDC-funded study of 99 million people. Instead of bragging about its speedy approval, we should be honestly and transparently debating the abundant evidence that this vaccine may have caused more harm than good.

“I look forward to debating both Trump and Biden on Sept. 16 in San Marcos, Texas.”

[...]

Many Republicans continue to seek a reckoning over the government-imposed pandemic lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

President Trump’s defense of Operation Warp Speed, the program he rolled out in May 2020 to spur the development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines amid the pandemic, remains a sticking point for some of his supporters.

[...]

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-clearly-hasnt-learned-his-covid-era-mistakes-rfk-jr-says

COVID Propaganda: Trump Brags AGAIN About Operation Warp Speed, Shills Vaxxes

by TDB

Monday, Mar 11, 2024 - 17:18

Originally published via Armageddon Prose:

The latest updates on the “new normal” – chronicling the lies, distortions, and abuses by the ruling class.

One might assume that getting brutally mocked and booed at one’s own rally, among one’s most strident supporters — whom he famously said would support him even if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue — might cause one to pause and reflect.

Apparently not so.

Via Newsweek:

“Former President Donald Trump ruffled some Republican feathers on Friday when he rebuked claims made by President Joe Biden about the COVID-19 vaccine, taking credit for accelerating their introduction in the throes of the pandemic.

Trump, the GOP frontrunner in the 2024 presidential election, took to Truth Social, his social media platform, on Thursday to conduct his own real-time commentary during Biden's State of the Union address, criticizing the president as they prepare to likely face off against each other in November in a 2020 election rematch…

"The pandemic no longer controls our lives," Biden said. "The vaccines that saved us from COVID are now being used to help beat cancer, turning setback into comeback. That's what America does."

Trump labeled Biden's entire speech as "the Angriest, Least Compassionate, and Worst State of the Union Speech ever made," calling it "an Embarrassment to our Country!"

He also took umbrage with Biden taking credit for ending the pandemic, while using the president's exact words.

"'The Pandemic no longer controls our lives. The Vaccines that saved us from COVID are now being used to help beat Cancer – Turning setback into comeback!' YOU'RE WELCOME, JOE, NINE MONTH APPROVAL TIME VS. 12 YEARS THAT IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU!" he wrote in his Truth Social post on Thursday that has been liked more than 22,000 times.”

[...]

People sometimes bristle at my refusal to full-throatedly embrace Trump without reservation. But this kind of ignorant, prideful tripe is why.

Is he markedly better than Biden — and, more importantly, are the people he’s likely to surround himself with, on balance, better than those around the Brandon entity? Yes.

But Trump is not anyone’s savior; I’m not in the business of blindly propping up politicians in the hopes that they’ll serve as the second coming of Jesus.

[...]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2024-03-11/covid-propaganda-trump-brags-again-about-operation-warp-speed-shills-vaxxes

On 3/12/2024 at 2:24 AM, R011 said:

By and large - he wasn't a disaster in 2016.  The disaster was when CHina carelessly let Covid out of the lab and the Democrats used it as an excuse to loosen  voting rules instead of supporting better election security.

Alright, lets weigh up what he did. He did not solve the tidal wave of migrants,  it remains ongoing. He did not build the wall, only a wholly trivial part of it. He did not deter iran by killing Soleimani. He didnt get peace with North Korea, despite claiming he would get it.  He may have deterred China from Invading Taiwan. Early days on that one to be fair. there is still 76 years left in the century.

He DID broker peace between Israel and the Arabs, by granting everything Netanyahu wanted, not least an American embassy in Jerusalem. Which I need not point out, seems to have turned something into a dead end, largely because he gave Netanyahu everything he wanted.

He DID get Roe vs Wade overturned. Which seems to have overjoyed numerous religious groups. Most women, particularly those going through IVF, not so much.

Covid was certainly NOT his fault. It was going to be very bad, whatever he did. OTOH, I will say his focusing on regeneron, and being reluctant to support the experts giving him advice, to my mind didnt exactly help. On that one, no, I cant say Biden was any better.

He DID pave the way for getting America out of Afghanistan. Im sure the growth in brutality against women, and the support for terrorism alarms absolutely nobody on tanknet that remembers 911.

What causes me alarm. He says he isnt going to be held back, and do everything he says he is going to do. He extols Orban, says he wants to be like him. I believe him. He said he would get Roe vs Wade overturned, fair credit, the guy did it. He seemingly believes in a lot of nonsensical crap that will damage Western security. But lets give the guy credit, he tries to do what the American public elect him for. Ive no doubt he will do his damndest to deliver on all the nonsensical crap he is promising to deliver, in much the same way British politicians worked vigorously to deliver the manifest crap that was Brexit.

Tell you what, lets leave it till his 4 years are up. Then If he got things right, Ill be fulsome in praise for him, honest I will. I did for Nixon, I can do it for Trump. Even though I loathe him and think he is a crass idiot, yes, even they sometimes are blessed with a golden touch, and Ill give him due credit If I believe it to be the case.

And if it turns out that I was right, and he was a disaster area just as Ive been suggesting he will, I hope the usual suspects will stump up and admit I was right, and be fulsome in credit for once.  For which im sure I will be waiting forever.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

4 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Alright, lets weigh up what he did. He did not solve the tidal wave of migrants,  it remains ongoing.

He reduced it and was working towards making it more of a secure border area. Then the democrats came into power and reversed it and made it 10 times worse. 

Sturt we've added 8 Million people in the past 3 years. So your answer here is crap. 

He did not build the wall, only a wholly trivial part of it.

And then  Biden stopped. then tried to use the funding for something else. IT was slated for that use by LAW so the materials they've left rotting in the desert need to be replaced to re-start. PRobably have to re-start all sorts of paperwork too. 

You're not making a good case so far. 

He did not deter iran by killing Soleimani. He didnt get peace with North Korea, despite claiming he would get it.  He may have deterred China from Invading Taiwan. Early days on that one to be fair. there is still 76 years left in the century.

This sort of stuff is about ongoing efforts to keep a certain foe at bay. 

Biden was so deterring that we're looking at being involved in 3 wars now. You have to see a difference here. 

He DID broker peace between Israel and the Arabs, by granting everything Netanyahu wanted, not least an American embassy in Jerusalem. Which I need not point out, seems to have turned something into a dead end, largely because he gave Netanyahu everything he wanted.

Which was all again, reversed by Biden's administration because they can't have trump winning things so they push things so far that we get the worst massacre of Jews since WWII. 

Again, you're making a good case FOR Trump. Mostly by omission but still. 

He DID get Roe vs Wade overturned. Which seems to have overjoyed numerous religious groups. Most women, particularly those going through IVF, not so much.

Tell me, when's the limit for abortion in the UK? How many weeks? Did you know that the threshold more or less getting settled on is around then? Does the UK's abortion law allow it through the 3rd trimester? Or is it somewhere in the 2nd?What experts did Biden listen to? 

He DID pave the way for getting America out of Afghanistan. Im sure the grown in brutality against women, and the support for terrorism alarms absolutely nobody on tanknet that remembers 911.

Paved the way but it had check points. Biden ignored the checkpoints. All that brutality is on Biden. 

HE yanked the support out from the ANA. 

Tell you what, lets leave it till his 4 years are up. Then If he got things right, Ill be fulsome in praise for him, honest I will. I did for Nixon, I can do it for Trump. Even though I loathe him and think he is a crass idiot, yes, even they sometimes are blessed with a golden touch, and Ill give him due credit If I believe it to be the case.

You ought to write for Rachel Maddow's show. 

On 2/10/2024 at 9:16 PM, Josh said:

If Trump loses, are you going to heed his inevitable call to arms then?

In case you missed it, Trump lost in 2020.  I don't recall a call to arms.  Why do you suppose he would do so in 2024?

21 hours ago, rmgill said:

How is it Stuart forgets Obama’s flexibility after the election with Putin or with Biden green lighting Putin’s invasion so long as its a small incursion?

This wasn’t an ex president making soothing noises towards someone for some small reason. This was a president giving a foe (that Stuart considers a foe) a green light for not one but TWO invasions. 

And yet, somehow Trump is the only one who didn’t have such an invasion?

Come on Stu, go for a Trifecta, tell us how Trump screwed up with Haiti while ignoring the Clinton foundation's reconstruction of Haiti by shifting aid money into staff and luxury accommodation for Hillary and family. 

You forgot how Orange Man Bad(tm) allowed another Bengazi to take place when spec ops guys got bushwhacked in Mali or Niger or someplace

I am Not certain how the ambush resembles the forces left hung out to dry in Benghazi. 

Im not sure how Benghazi even vaguely resembles the multitude of Ukrainians left to die without ammunition because Republicans are willing to fuck anyone to get Trump back in the Oval office, but anyways...

I remember many of you, deprecating Democrat senators for fucking the South Vietnamese in 74 and 75. Fair enough. Where is your outrage now your joes are doing it to Ukrainians?

17 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Im not sure how Benghazi even vaguely resembles the multitude of Ukrainians left to die without ammunition because Republicans are willing to fuck anyone to get Trump back in the Oval office, but anyways...

How much is the UK sending? Don't tell me you sent a company of infantry. 

Stuart The UK Defense budget is £45.9 billion in 2021/22.  

The US has sent $46.3 Billion in Military aid. $23.5 Billion in weapons and other stocks. 

The US has spent/sent $74.3 Billion TOTAL in Aid to Ukraine.
https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

That's works out to £58.06 Billion. 

Based on that it would appear we've sent more than your

ENTIRE

DEFENSE

BUDGET. 

You don't even have two functional carriers. 

Don't. 

WINGE. 

ABOUT. 

OUR. 

SPENDING.

You don't have a leg to stand on. 

Edited by rmgill

Just to make Stuart more happy. 

Here's the money quote. 

Act 156 of the indictment.
Trump committed a felony by asking the Secretary of state 'to decertify the election or whatever the correct LEGAL remedy is.'

That's how fucking demented out Fulton county DA is. Fulton's law enforcement at the elected level is bull crap. Their sheriff's office is corrupt as hell, the jail was taken over by a federal judge for years because of conditions and the previous DA filed murder charges against TWO cops on such tenuous evidence (all on video) that the charges were later dropped by the current DA after she couldn't get the state to take the charges over. 

That Stuart Hangs his hat on crap put up by folks like Fani Willis or the New York attorney who's getting 'conviction's in civil court and with judges who are clearly NOT impartial is just icing on the cake. 

Edited by rmgill

6 hours ago, rmgill said:

How much is the UK sending?

(...)

Do not forget Boris Johnson persuading Z to denounce the Minsk Agreements.

It is likely that act of diplomacy caused more Ukrainian deaths that all lack of military help conceivable.

But Stuart seems to agree with that deed of that "Tory" politician.

Edited by sunday