Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

I know several US Citizens who voted Trump first time around and will not vote for him this time. I think he was in the right place at the right time when he was in. However I think the world has changed and he has not stayed in sync with it. I don't personally care whether he gets in from a US domestic view, but I don't like his current foreign policy outlook, as it will not be good for the west in general. 

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he will be better than the current roomba in chief vis a vis foreign policy. 

You still think the president that didn't preside over 11 Embassy evacuations and a 3 fold increase in wars will get us into more wars by default? 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:24 PM, rmgill said:

You still think the president that didn't preside over 11 Embassy evacuations and a 3 fold increase in wars will get us into more wars by default? 

I think if he portays himself as a pussy, and as a result, he is going to get fucked. So does Biden incidentally, which is why I was hoping you would do something sensible for once, like nominate Chuck Norris.

On 3/25/2024 at 10:21 AM, Colin said:

I know several US Citizens who voted Trump first time around and will not vote for him this time. I think he was in the right place at the right time when he was in. However I think the world has changed and he has not stayed in sync with it. I don't personally care whether he gets in from a US domestic view, but I don't like his current foreign policy outlook, as it will not be good for the west in general. 

I do! And this is the most important part by far!! The danger to the U.S. is the left, not foreign affairs. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I do! And this is the most important part by far!! The danger to the U.S. is the left, not foreign affairs. 

Not sure if "throwing the allies under the bus" (as Trump has threatened quite a few times) is very good policy either domestically or as foreign policy. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

“Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us''

John F Kennedy.

2001-terrorist-attackjpg-38057e3ac0ca68f

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Amen

4 hours ago, Sardaukar said:

Not sure if "throwing the allies under the bus" (as Trump has threatened quite a few times) is very good policy either domestically or as foreign policy. 

How many allies are trying to sunbathe in the street? 

41 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

More appropriately, how many Ukrainians are dying because Trump waved his magic wand?

None.  Biden owns that war.  IMO, the idiot gave a green light to an idiot in Kyiv to launch an attack on a rebel enclave backed by a nuclear power that can wipe the US off the face of the Earth in two hours. 

The only ways to get that level of stupid is to be born with it or vote for it.

19 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

None.  Biden owns that war.  IMO, the idiot gave a green light to an idiot in Kyiv to launch an attack on a rebel enclave backed by a nuclear power that can wipe the US off the face of the Earth in two hours. 

Nobody owns war. You can participate in one, you may kid yourself you are controlling one, but you dont own own one. And as for your very clear fiction about Ukraine starting this war, you were proven wrong on that multiple times on the other thread, because you could never provide any evidence it was reality. Cant prove it? It didnt happen.

No, Trump has upset the natural order of things. America was dumping its defunct and decaying hardware on a country that needed help, and Trump decided that giving Biden any form of foreign success was a bad idea. Or maybe its as simple of him being Putin's poodle. Perhaps Trump has daddy reasons why he keeps trying to hump the leg of strong men.

And Ukrainians are dying from it. Men, Women, children. But dont let it worry you or disturb your evening any. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Nobody owns war.

Then why the hell did you just try to blame it on Trump’s magic wand? 

You can participate in one, you may kid yourself you are controlling one, but you dont own own one. And as for your very clear fiction about Ukraine starting this war, you were proven wrong on that multiple times on the other thread, because you could never provide any evidence it was reality. Cant prove it? It didnt happen.

Either way you can also own Biden goving the green light so long as its a minor incursion. With no stop line. 

This war, insofar as US foreign policy goes is all Biden. Period. Stop evading that. 

No, Trump has upset the natural order of things.

What natural order is that? Russia invaded and seized the Crimea under Obama. Was that Trump too? 

America was dumping its defunct and decaying hardware on a country that needed help, and Trump decided that giving Biden any form of foreign success was a bad idea. 

Maybe we could get a complete list of what the US has sent. Mind you as its valued at more than the entire annual budget of the UK’s MOD is something you should just suck up and shut up about. 

Or maybe its as simple of him being Putin's poodle.

This again? Seriously. Give it a rest. Given you were proven wrong before. Stop beating that drum. 

Well, Trump's idea seem to be USA isolationism.

And if this is his idea about Ukraine (though second hand info from Orban): https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68533351

Then we are definitely into interesting times. Trump already questioned validity of Article 5. Great way to encourage Russia.

Trump is telling Putin the west is for sale, all he has to do is name a price. Although knowing what a fucking idiot Putin is, he will probably foul that up too, even if he is pushing at an open door.

If you want to make the case that the world is stronger for x or y candidate, you have to prove that one of them has a backbone. Both have proven they dont, on several occasions. So in the end, what is there to argue about? The west is coming to an end, because Americans cant see beyond their own narrow political bias. That there are still people on this grate site after the events of 911 that still think America can pull up the drawbridge and retreat into comfy isolation, just show how deep the level of delusion and misinformation has become. It wasnt true during the cold war, in the age of Qanon the only real difference is you wont worry about it till the missiles hit.

Me, im stocking up the inner refuge. If nothing else it will be useful if the Sandworms turn up. :)

47 minutes ago, Sardaukar said:

Well, Trump's idea seem to be USA isolationism.

More Jeffersonian leaning foreign policy. But the Abraham accords and his policy in Syria was a small mix of Wilsonian and Jacksonian policy  

Some here complain when the US is too Wilsonian, or Hamiltonian. 

38 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Trump is telling Putin the west is for sale, all he has to do is name a price.

No he’s telling YOU Europeans that if you don’t buck the hell up, you will be for the taking. 

Although knowing what a fucking idiot Putin is, he will probably foul that up too, even if he is pushing at an open door.

Putin is no idiot. 

If you want to make the case that the world is stronger for x or y candidate, you have to prove that one of them has a backbone.

I swear, did you reload your political memory backups from 2015? 

3 hours ago, glenn239 said:

Ah yes, the completely unsubstantiated “Biden green lighted Ukraine “ theory, which assumes a Ukrainian offensive was going to happen and that Zelensky needed Biden’s permission for some reason if there was. Anything to make it Biden’s fault rather than Putin’s.

10 hours ago, Sardaukar said:

It's not "throwing anyone under a bus, it's the "allies" being more responsible, ie as N.A.T.O. is doing now.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Ah yes, the completely unsubstantiated “Biden green lighted Ukraine “ theory, which assumes a Ukrainian offensive was going to happen and that Zelensky needed Biden’s permission for some reason if there was. Anything to make it Biden’s fault rather than Putin’s.

Putin would have done what he did regardless who the U.S. President was or is. And even without the U.S., N.A.T.O. has the ability to stop Russia and to supply the Ukrainians.