Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

In clown world 2023, what's "legal" has diverged so far from what's "legitimate" that there's really no point in having a discussion.  Unless you're so clueless, you're still figuring out who's going to be on the other side of Thunderdome in less than a decade.  S/F....Ken M

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EchoFiveMike said:

In clown world 2023, what's "legal" has diverged so far from what's "legitimate" that there's really no point in having a discussion.  Unless you're so clueless, you're still figuring out who's going to be on the other side of Thunderdome in less than a decade.  S/F....Ken M

Thunder dome is probably going require some walkers with tennis balls by then, given the demographics.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:28 AM, DKTanker said:

That is so much bullshit.  Every year I challenge the property appraisal on my house, stating it isn't worth what the assessor deems it to be.  Sometimes I win the challenge, most times I don't.  When I refinanced my house a few years ago I made sure to mention that I had upgraded several areas thus increasing the property's value.  

Am I guilty of fraud if the tax assessor and the finance company take my word for the valuation of my property instead of them doing their own due diligence?

Tax valuations and Resale/value for the purposes of loans are radically different. Add a business aspect and for the purposes of a loan the financial value of the business and how well it does also adds or subtracts from the value. 

I suspect Josh doesn’t own real estate. 

24 minutes ago, JWB said:

A POTUS who doesn't do what the JCS orders him to do is a dictator; yep, got it. 

Perhaps a biography of Truman should be on the required reading list for anyone moving into the WH. 

Good riddance, and I am seeing a peep or two that Milley's replacement will be better, though saddled with several Herculean tasks. 

12 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

The only way he could end the war in 7 days would be if he spent 6 of them ont he tanning bed at Mar a lago, and then pressed the button.

That ignores his statements on the fact. The other way is to give Putin what he wants. And the US Republican Party agrees.

14 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

The only way he could end the war in 7 days would be if he spent 6 of them ont he tanning bed at Mar a lago, and then pressed the button.

Quite easy. Declare the end of all US support, lift all sanctions against Russia, recognize Ukraine as part of Russia. Only a fool would believe that the Europeans would keep supporting the Ukraine. They will blame Trump, write a strongly worded letter to the worthless UN and will be happy to get cheap energy and save the money wasted in the Ukraine.

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

That ignores his statements on the fact. The other way is to give Putin what he wants. And the US Republican Party agrees.

25 minutes ago, seahawk said:

Quite easy. Declare the end of all US support, lift all sanctions against Russia, recognize Ukraine as part of Russia. Only a fool would believe that the Europeans would keep supporting the Ukraine. They will blame Trump, write a strongly worded letter to the worthless UN and will be happy to get cheap energy and save the money wasted in the Ukraine.

Even if he gave Putin what he wants, do you honestly think the Ukrainians would stop fighting? I dont. Even if the Government caved, and Zelensky probably would not, Asov and people who follow its example would just carry on an insurgency. The war would never stop. It would just end up like Syria, and this time the Russians wouldnt have Iranians do do the dying for them.

America might be the centre of the world. But it exaggerates quite how much control it has. If it had such capablities to enforce an end to war on a whim, the Israeli Palestinian conflict would have come to an end 30 years ago.

Particularly as while the US remains the biggest individual donor to Ukraine, and them quitting would really hurt the effort, combined European commitments (including non-EU members UK and Norway) are now more than double that of the American at 64 vs. 29 percent of the global total, covering the next four years. Add Canada, and it's pretty exactly two thirds.

Also, European industry is already setting up local arms production in Ukraine while their American counterparts seem reluctant due to the unclear domestic political outlook. So even if Trump got elected again and decided that Ukraine won't get another cent on 7 January 2025, they'll continue to get enough support to hold, if not necessarily to keep advancing.

Looked at like that, all Trump can choose is to lose how little control he would have over how the war is fought. After all, if Ukraine isnt going to get any more HIMARS or American weapons, he may as well fire them over the Russian border into Russia proper. A lot of the witholds they have honoured to placate America are suddenly not going to be there anymore.

Nah, sure the Stable Genius figured all this out whilst he was playing 4d chess, or something.

It's the same function we have noted over and over again: if the US cuts allies and clients loose, they will also lose influence and markets. Others will fill the void.

Just out of manpower considerations, Ukraine probably can't afford much more infantry-heavy large-scale offensive operations. Even if they lose American support, they can however rectify material deficiencies like lack of artillery and aviation over the next four years, build up air defense and make the switch to Western armor with better crew survivability, and likely at least outlast Putin while the Europeans/non-US NATO stay on board. The US won't be any better from it though.

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Even if he gave Putin what he wants, do you honestly think the Ukrainians would stop fighting? I dont. Even if the Government caved, and Zelensky probably would not, Asov and people who follow its example would just carry on an insurgency. The war would never stop. It would just end up like Syria, and this time the Russians wouldnt have Iranians do do the dying for them.

America might be the centre of the world. But it exaggerates quite how much control it has. If it had such capablities to enforce an end to war on a whim, the Israeli Palestinian conflict would have come to an end 30 years ago.

Russia has ended an insurgency in the Ukraine more than once in the past. There are effective ways to deal with the problem.

6 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Even if he gave Putin what he wants, do you honestly think the Ukrainians would stop fighting? I dont. Even if the Government caved, and Zelensky probably would not...

If NATO terminates support then the Ukrainians will be forced to pivot to China.  Their army will start to melt away, and Zelensky would either do the Kabul boogie or man up and wander into the woods with a single chambered round.  7 days to be done would be nonsense, but 7 months might be in the ballpark....

1 hour ago, seahawk said:

Russia has ended an insurgency in the Ukraine more than once in the past. There are effective ways to deal with the problem.

Won't work these days.

1 hour ago, seahawk said:

And yet, there Ukraine remains.  So it didnt work so swell did it, no matter how often they came for the Banderites.

35 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

If NATO terminates support then the Ukrainians will be forced to pivot to China.  Their army will start to melt away, and Zelensky would either do the Kabul boogie or man up and wander into the woods with a single chambered round.  7 days to be done would be nonsense, but 7 months might be in the ballpark....

Oh Glenn, please stop.

Says the guy who claims Russia has infinite amounts of rocket launchers and rockets, at the same time concedes its running out. Go drag your clown siebel ferry out the ditch you utter charlatan. You were lecturing me for 9 sodding years the Russians weren't a threat. How did that work out for you?

Edited by Stuart Galbraith