Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

2 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

sunday..please stop describing the US Government.

Well, going back to the PRC, let me remember they have the best example of a Fascist government system in place, now with computerized social credit.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, rmgill said:

Commander Salamander makes an excellent point. The USSR backed forces in Afghanistan lasted 38 months with half the time in country. Our mission had a force/client state that was able to survive for less than a month. 

https://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2021/08/this-is-what-whole-of-government.html?m=1

That should be qualified by a number of differences. The USSR prepared the withdrawal months in advance. They never had that many civilians in the country as we seemingly did, they were all under Government contract I would suppose, so accounting for them was easier. When the USSR withdraw through Salang Pass, according to a Soviet Journalist whom I read and believe, they deliberately attacked civilian villages as a preventative measure so the Mujaheddin couldnt use them. And lastly, the regime in Kabul was united, and the Mujaheddin opposition was disunited. WIth the withdraw of the Soviets, I get the impression the Mujaheddin were already fighting among themselves, even before they assaulted Kabul. It was this disunity that meant it took years to take over the country, they werent just fighting the old Soviet installed regime.

That isnt saying the Soviets didnt prepare well for withdrawal (probably the best part of their war), they did. They did it far better than Biden. But they also had significant advantages they dont own up to, such as not particularly caring about public opinion, ability to use overwhelming force without any justification, and the disunity of their enemies.  They were also able to get solid deals with elements of the Mujaheddin to get passage, whereas we saw all deals with the Taliban were moot when they decided to Blitzkrieg the regime.

Im not defending Biden I might add, your analysis of him being wholly incompetent is spot on. Im just saying there were significant differences too.

3 hours ago, sunday said:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/18/trump-i-realized-i-had-hired-a-loser-in-mark-milley/

Looks like Trump fell in that "enemy of my enemy is my friend" fallacy, in the form "people despised by people I despise should be worthy".

We don't have any insight as to how Trump chose his people. But his batting average is pretty bad. Don't know if it was Trump's decision or his staff, for any particular appointee. Ether way, so many fails.

In contrast to his process for federal judges, which by all accounts has been exceptional.

3 hours ago, sunday said:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/18/trump-i-realized-i-had-hired-a-loser-in-mark-milley/

Looks like Trump fell in that "enemy of my enemy is my friend" fallacy, in the form "people despised by people I despise should be worthy".

Did Trump have any bad things to say about Milley before Milley said the things he did about Trump?

2 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

Did Trump have any bad things to say about Milley before Milley said the things he did about Trump?

Probably not.  He's terrible at personnel and tends to blather incessantly how awesome his people are until he cuts ties with them, at which case they are the worstest evah. . . 

38 minutes ago, R011 said:

Trump's issues with choosing people might become a problem again in 2024, but right now the people in charge are there because Biden wants them there.

I always thought it was Trump wanting to get a 'different' viewpoint than his team has (Like John Bolton on Iran); after listening to said 'alternate viewpoint' The God/Emperor decides to either keep 'em or 'you're fired'.

Edited by NickM

2 minutes ago, NickM said:

I always thought it was Trump wanting to get a 'different' viewpoint than his team has (Like John Bolton on Iran); after listening to said 'alternate viewpoint' The God/Emperor decides to either keep 'em or 'you're fired'.

Perhaps, but my point is that Trump is a retired God-Emperor while Biden is and has been President since 20 January.  What's happening now is on him.

38 minutes ago, NickM said:

They were kept around as long as they knelt at the feet of the God Emperor. They had to very YES persons.

Unlike the cool, level headed, sensible, defence and foreign service heads the US has now.  Look at how smoothly they and the White House have managed the transition of power in Afghanistan.

4 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

It's not like they have been able to reverse anything else like the border wall, fracking or pipelines.

They reversed the economy’s return and drove inflation up. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

CNN says there seems to be increasing numbers of Republicans whom are viewing this as another 'Bengazi moment', and are looking forward to smacking the administration over the head with it after the midterms.  I hope they crucify him with it.

And I hope they hoist the rest of the Democrats, their propagandists in the media and Big Tech, NeverTrumpers, and the intel community upon crosses of their own as co-owners of this fiasco.

23 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

And I hope they hoist the rest of the Democrats, their propagandists in the media and Big Tech, NeverTrumpers, and the intel community upon crosses of their own as co-owners of this fiasco.

Don't forget the top-level brass in *.mil. While they were busy in 2020 plotting to dethrone Trump, and promoting CRT in 2021, they could have put some effort into planning a withdrawal.

1 hour ago, DKTanker said:

Anyone responsible for the fiasco deserves stringing up by the balls. And yes,  Trump input to this goatscrew too. The only difference Biden made by being elected was he pulled out 7 months later, which doesn't seem to have helped much.

Still, Biden himself said that he would have pulled out even if Trump didn't sign the deal. At which point I think Trump has to thank his lucky stars for losing the election, and having an opponent incapable of introspection. Id say he has a chance at 2024 now.

6 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Anyone responsible for the fiasco deserves stringing up by the balls. And yes,  Trump input to this goatscrew too. The only difference Biden made by being elected was he pulled out 7 months later, which doesn't seem to have helped much.

Still, Biden himself said that he would have pulled out even if Trump didn't sign the deal. At which point I think Trump has to thank his lucky stars for losing the election, and having an opponent incapable of introspection. Id say he has a chance at 2024 now.

Judging by Hunter, only a fool would expect Joe to properly pull out.

7 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Trump had nothing to do with this goat fuck, I don't know why you and Biden both invoke his name.  Biden spent his first week, his first hours, in office undoing Trump initiatives, he could very well have amended the Afghan withdrawal.   Actually he did, by April he had even tossed Trump's emergency plans for evacuating non-combatants from Afghanistan.  You know, because Leftists build back better.  We cannot know what would have transpired had Trump won the election, it is absolutely unknowable.