Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

29 minutes ago, BansheeOne said:

I see some cautious criticism pop up in places where until a couple days ago people who advocated to accept the reality of transition, election fraud or not, were lambasted as having lost faith, RINOs, Biden voters, traitors, etc. For now though, Trump has successively been promoted from greatest president since Reagan to greatest since a hundred years, since Lincoln, and ever (I knew Reagan would get the boot from the cult eventually); and a lot of people have essentially declared to do what hardheaded folks who run out out arguments usually do, put reality on ignore (no more news of any sort, no more political debate on or off the net, and so on).

If the fate of GWB is any indication though, Trump's supporters of today will hate his guts in about eight years when their next great hope tells them to. Which is why the various suggestions to "deprogram" them are really quite silly; most will be automatically overwritten eventually. Not necessarily for the better, mind, but then there's no guarantee that a "deprogrammed" ex-cultist of any sort will never fall for seduction of another kind either. 

I don't think that reputation will stand 8 months.  He lost and all of a sudden his virtues which made him the GOAT are suddenly tossed aside and his flaws are being scrutinized.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bush II's errors were criticized long before he left office. The NCLB act for example, the Patriot Act, also his TARP/bailout nonsense after the mortgage meltdown.

so what will be the response when Antifa goes mad in some city because you know it will happen.  How will it be Trump's fault after he is gone?

Whether it is Portland, Minneapolis, or someplace else the mob is going to have its say.  I bet Biden doesn't get a week's worth of honeymoon before the "Squad" is all over him.

I don't like Joe or his policies but the people that got him into office applied poison to the chalice in vast, shall we say liberal? quantities...

28 minutes ago, Tim the Tank Nut said:

so what will be the response when Antifa goes mad in some city because you know it will happen.  How will it be Trump's fault after he is gone?

Whether it is Portland, Minneapolis, or someplace else the mob is going to have its say.  I bet Biden doesn't get a week's worth of honeymoon before the "Squad" is all over him.

I don't like Joe or his policies but the people that got him into office applied poison to the chalice in vast, shall we say liberal? quantities...

Portland and Seattle antifa scmucks rioted again Biden last night.

1 minute ago, nitflegal said:

Yeah, they haven't stopped.  Hell, they are vandalizing Democrat organizations. . .

Is it wrong that I feel significant schadenfreude?

1 hour ago, Ivanhoe said:

Bush II's errors were criticized long before he left office. The NCLB act for example, the Patriot Act, also his TARP/bailout nonsense after the mortgage meltdown.

Yeah, but he was only exposed as an elitist-imperialist-globalist establishment warmonger recently. By the Republican base, that is; the Democrats' base was ahead by about 15 years. 

51 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Yeah, they haven't stopped.  Hell, they are vandalizing Democrat organizations. . .

That's only proof it's the Proud Boys and other right wing provocateurs. I'm not joking, that's what they are saying.

14 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

You mean the 1/3 he convinced there was voter fraud.

Or the 1/3 that wondered how Trump received higher percentages of the black and Hispanic vote than any Republican presidential candidate ever, and still lost. It's not just the extra votes for Trump, each one was also a lost vote for the Democrats.

IF Trump simply stops tweeting he'll look good.  As the Democrats screw up the economy (already started today) and the vaccine distribution, he'll look better and better.

If Biden doesn't open the borders, he'll disappoint his base. If he opens the borders, the virus will surge (as well as tanking the economy) and he'll look bad.

As the BLM/Antifa (mostly Antifa riots now) continue, it will be hard to blame Trump for the "violence caused by the police". It was easy to blame Trump because he's such a polarizing character. Now he's gone.

The Democrats will still blame Trump for everything that goes wrong, but eventually people will wonder why they don't fix the problems.

7 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Yeah, but he was only exposed as an elitist-imperialist-globalist establishment warmonger recently. By the Republican base, that is; the Democrats' base was ahead by about 15 years. 

I really don’t think it was all that recent; I think old-school Republicanism died (foreign policy wise) with the Iraq War and (domestic/trade policy wise) with the 2008 recession. McCain and Romney, old school Republicans to the core, didn’t get all that much traction. The Tea Party was taking off during this period. Trump basically ran on an anti-old school Republican platform (explicitly anti Bush etc) and won the primaries in a landslide because most Republican voters had already come to the same conclusion. 

I do find it a great Irony the amount of people on here that decry censorship by the Social media companies, who then go and block everyone they disagree with. That really is epic doublethink that Orwell would be proud of.  :D

The proud boys dump Trump.

https://news.yahoo.com/total-failure-proud-boys-now-130740495.html

'A Total Failure': The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

After the presidential election last year, the Proud Boys, a far-right group, declared its undying loyalty to President Donald Trump.

In a Nov. 8 post in a private channel of messaging app Telegram, the group urged its followers to attend protests against an election that it said had been fraudulently stolen from Trump. “Hail Emperor Trump,” the Proud Boys wrote.

But by this week, the group’s attitude toward Trump had changed. “Trump will go down as a total failure,” the Proud Boys said in the same Telegram channel Monday.

As Trump departed the White House on Wednesday, the Proud Boys, once among his staunchest supporters, have also started leaving his side. In dozens of conversations on social media sites like Gab and Telegram, members of the group have begun calling Trump a “shill” and “extraordinarily weak,” according to messages reviewed by The New York Times. They have also urged supporters to stop attending rallies and protests held for Trump or the Republican Party.

The comments are a startling turn for the Proud Boys, which for years backed Trump and promoted political violence. Led by Enrique Tarrio, many of its thousands of members were such die-hard fans of Trump that they offered to serve as his private militia and celebrated after he told them in a presidential debate last year to “stand back and stand by.” On Jan. 6, some Proud Boys members stormed the U.S. Capitol.

But since then, discontent with Trump, who later condemned the violence, has boiled over. On social media, Proud Boys participants have complained about his willingness to leave office and said his disavowal of the Capitol rampage was an act of betrayal. And Trump, cut off on Facebook and Twitter, has been unable to talk directly to them to soothe their concerns or issue new rallying cries.

The Proud Boys’ anger toward Trump has heightened after he did nothing to help those in the group who face legal action for the Capitol violence. On Wednesday, a Proud Boy leader, Joseph Biggs, 37, was arrested in Florida and charged with unlawful entry and corruptly obstructing an official proceeding in the riot. At least four other members of the group also face charges stemming from the attack.

“When Trump told them that if he left office, America would fall into an abyss, they believed him,” Arieh Kovler, a political consultant and independent researcher in Israel who studies the far-right, said of the Proud Boys. “Now that he has left office, they believe he has both surrendered and failed to do his patriotic duty.”

15 hours ago, glenn239 said:

But, for a CNN addict, what is the exact mental process when they've watched 300 discussions about Trump pardoning himself, and then it doesn't happen?

"His plan was uncovered, that's why he didn't dare doing it!"

14 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

there's no guarantee that a "deprogrammed" ex-cultist of any sort will never fall for seduction of another kind either.

"He's the Messiah! I should know, I followed many."

12 hours ago, Michael Eastes said:

Is it wrong that I feel significant schadenfreude?

You are only human. We are all sinners and that must rank very low on the list.

Although, if your schadenboner lasts more than a few days, maybe see a doctor...

Also, nice to see you are posting again, my friend.

--
Soren

5 hours ago, Soren Ras said:

You are only human. We are all sinners and that must rank very low on the list.

Although, if your schadenboner lasts more than a few days, maybe see a doctor...

Also, nice to see you are posting again, my friend.

--
Soren

Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto.

After all, Caroline reacted with joy when she heard Ebenezer Scrooge was dead.

8 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

You need to block them all. Only then you will be safe in your cozy echo chamber.

I don’t block people, although a couple leftists I know have blocked me. No big loss.