Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, rmgill said:

No, no, they're not. The number of times I have people quote back things to me about aspects of deadly force that are just utterly wrong is beyond counting. Hell, I've seen cops cops who were mixing up their terms because they hadn't actually articulated them since training school. Those are the sort that good lawyers eat for lunch and pick their teeth with after court. 

I just admitted if I was that policeman, I might have done as he did. Usually that would mean I'm thinking like you, but no, this time in wrong too. I can't win. :D

4 minutes ago, rmgill said:

But those are anecdotal stories that leave the Establishment of that Sceptered Isle looking bad, therefore they should not be considered.

Like this one.

Edited by sunday

10 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I just admitted if I was that policeman, I might have done as he did. Usually that would mean I'm thinking like you, but no, this time in wrong too. I can't win. :D

Sorry, I don't approve of every police shooting, let alone every civilian involved shooting. I look at and discuss the totality of facts before I decide if it is good or not. 

So if you're just thinking like you were a cop, is that a good cop or a crap cop? Cause they're not the same. 

Per one of them, if the Agent/cop was working a protection detail and his primary was at risk, that may be a trigger. But, holing up there seemed like a poor choice. 

This was my impression.  Secret service detail don't fuck around when it comes to protecting their asset, nor should they.

It seems as though they backed down and conceded everything they were reasonably able to concede to avoid escalating, which was above and beyond what I'd imagine they're required to do, but that barricade appeared to be their line in the sand and anything that crossed it was going to get a bullet, balls in the protestor's court.

I’m standing with the cop on this one. Being part of a mob, breaking inside a building, and running towards uniformed men with guns who are clearly telling you to step back is NEVER a good idea. This applies to everyone, regardless of political affiliation. 

2 minutes ago, crazyinsane105 said:

I’m standing with the cop on this one. Being part of a mob, breaking inside a building, and running towards uniformed men with guns who are clearly telling you to step back is NEVER a good idea. This applies to everyone, regardless of political affiliation. 

Only when State Dept. is not on your side

881627.jpg

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38585/gunfire-erupts-as-pro-trump-protestors-storm-the-capitol-in-unprecedented-move

Just minutes ago, an E-4B national airborne command post aircraft sortied out of nearby Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. These aircraft are essential tools when it comes to continuity of government and in assuring the resiliency of the nuclear deterrent. We do not know if the E-4B's mission is related to what is ongoing in nearby Washington, D.C., but they are supposed to launch under certain circumstances from their forward operating location at Andrews. They famously did so during the events of 9/11, for instance. 

1 hour ago, Burncycle360 said:

This was my impression.  Secret service detail don't fuck around when it comes to protecting their asset, nor should they.

It seems as though they backed down and conceded everything they were reasonably able to concede to avoid escalating, which was above and beyond what I'd imagine they're required to do, but that barricade appeared to be their line in the sand and anything that crossed it was going to get a bullet, balls in the protestor's court.

I wonder if it was another suicide by cop scenario? Or just really ironic.

She wasn't just a Air Force veteran, she was base security. So she should be familiar with procedures if a suspected terrorist tries to enter a restricted area. She didn't appear to be holding a firearm but she was wearing a good size backpack when she got shot. This is less than two weeks after the Nashville Suicide bomber. There was already a bomb threats of IED found before she got shot. Never mind threats from Iran since it has been a year since we blew up their general.

Recently divorced, quickly remarried, former Military Police knowledgeable about security, seems like someone that knew what she was getting into and what the most likely outcome would be.

Edited by AETiglathPZ

1 hour ago, Roman Alymov said:

Only when State Dept. is not on your side

881627.jpg

Not really. I don’t support the destruction or looting of any building, regardless of the reason. The morons in Portland shouldn’t have been given a free pass, and same goes for those who participated in the riots over the summer. 

1 hour ago, crazyinsane105 said:

All sadly true. The shooter may have made mistakes, but as soon as you have the combo of mob and crime (breaking stuff, stealing stuff, etc) there will be no good outcomes. I'm hoping that lots of, if not a majority of, the chuckleheads who went inside the building get arrested and prosecuted.

On a lighter note, lets just be grateful that Buffalo Horn Guy kept some of his clothes on. The recreationals he was apparently on probably cause some people to go full birthday suit.

23 hours ago, sunday said:

I wonder where are the antifa counterdemonstrators.

They're the ones pretending to be MAGA types while playing agents provocateurs.

These certainly look like Tea Party types and definitely NOT Antifa equipped professional rioters. Several have already been identified from earlier Antifa/BLM riots.

23 hours ago, DB said:

They don't need to be there. This shitshow and the president's rubbish reaction is destroying any illusions of credibility that this protest may have had.

And to think that the "alt right" were laughing at the left's ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

Funny, almost like that was the plan. One might call it a false Trump flag operation like Antifa has been threatening to do for months.

20 hours ago, rmgill said:
Lest I be unclear here:
The breach of the capitol building was a crime. Trespass and other things like breaking and entering ( I don't know DC/Capitol laws on the books so take my terms with a grain of salt).

HOWEVER.
We have seen more than 4 years of this sort of action by members of the left, over and over and over again. The rioters termed as 'protestors'. Riots called 'mostly peaceful protests'. Out and out looting and arson called 'mostly peaceful protest'. Actions up to and including attacks on media, by standers and politically opposed persons justified or ignored. Breaking into offices and having sit-ins have been a thing for DECADES. We can go back to Kent state for perspective here. 

The mealy mouthed, mendacious word twisting is something I tired of. To see it suddenly SNAP back to "rioter" and other specific terms is something that I find DEEPLY offensive and frankly, I want the left to eat this crap sandwich. 

That we've had a shooting of a protestor, apparently unarmed and, based on the view of a friend who's been to FLET as well as another cop who worked for DEA, it looks like a VERY unjustified shooting. I will not hold my breath for the likes of the left screaming and tearing at their hair that an unarmed protestor was violently stalked and killed by a cop. I was actually holding my appraisal presuming it was justified until told otherwise. 

I have seen more critique of the breaching of the capitol building from my right leaning friends of the actions than I have of left leaning friends of the rioting over the past 4 years. They're just more honest an nuanced that it was clearly following the lefts lead.  More so, I've just wound down on one thread on social media where the claims were that the past 4 years of protesting was all for justified reasons and this is clearly not at all. Naturally it descended on their part into ridicule of my race/gender for why I was wrong, critical race theory, blah blah blah. 

Given that the current view I have of what's goin on right now shows a police line folks pushed back from the capitol and a general return to order and calm, I'll assert that despite what happened, it's STILL more peaceful than your bog standard Pussy hat protest or ANTIFA riot. 

Exactly, arrest them all and then let's find out who they really belong to. My guess is that part will die a quiet death.

Just now, Jeff said:

Exactly, arrest them all and then let's find out who they really belong to. My guess is that part will die a quiet death.

Correct me, but isn't that shit a felony ?

20 hours ago, Josh said:

I definitely am not into arson and those people should be arrested. But I consider burning down a Popeyes and storming the Capitol and Congress evacuated in gas masks as rather different things. Perhaps you think they are equivalent.

Agreed, arrest anyone in the Capital and let's find out who they really belong to.

17 hours ago, Josh said:

If you condemn BLM, you condemn this. Prove me wrong.

Sure, especially since many of the people fighting the police are equipped in traditional Antifa riot gear. Arrest them and investigate.

I'm really feeling the unity from the guy who couldn't condemn Antifa and BLM extremists when they led to over a billion dollars of destruction, several hundred injured police officers, over 30 people dead, and entire sections of cities abandoned by their government to lawlessness.

BIDEN: "No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, there wouldn’t — they wouldn’t have been treated very, very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol."