Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BansheeOne said:

As noted earlier, calls to exclude absentee ballots will particularly affect the military vote, and you can wonder whether Trump (or Republican-run states like Georgia) didn't think of that, accepted it, or included it in their aims. Though I suspect that in the case of Georgia, it's simply all postal ballots falling under the same deadline in state law, with no special exception for military votes (which there really shouldn't be either IMO). 

Don't assume Republicans at the state level have a clue, or critical thinking skills. Quite often they are more naive than a high schooler running for class president.

For example, an absentee ballot from downrange with an acceptable postmark could very well be delivered on time, but all it takes is one postal sorter to squirrel some boxes aside for a week and then deliver them "late" to the carriers. I doubt anyone has mitigated for that.

Unfortunately the Walton County newspaper is blocked in the EU, so I can't see what they're reporting as a change.
If the video just posted contains mixed ballots in the same proportion as the existing Floyd County results, then it would likely also favour Trump. of course, they might be sorted and then it could be either way. I wonder how many hundred votes are in those boxes.
How incompetent do you have to be to not be able to tabulate ballot boxes received and counted against those expected?

4 hours ago, DB said:

Ok, so advance voting should be considered subject to the same integrity assessment as polling day voting, although there is a potential time related exposure risk to its manipulation.

It's also the traditional approach to ensuring that people who cannot attend on polling day can still exercise their right to vote. Why then is a mail-in option offered? Is it as simple as accommodation for people who can't be bothered to go on any day in advance? I have an opinion about that.

There's a case for absenetee voting where you might be out of town due to work or some other engagement. If you have a residence of say a given state but are out of the country for a period of time and it's non-trivial to go vote in person, advance or otherwise. 

However, yes, many agree that the mail in voting, is generally, subject to some level of risk. The DNC has opposed ID requirements for voters in person. They have similarly opposed ID requirements for registration or for that matter anything other than a signature for Absentee type mail in balloting. 

This latest spate was that becuase it was too risky to vote in person due to COVID, they should just mail ballots out to all registered voters. They did this in New Jersey. Tim Pool noted that they had a ballot for a former resident show up unasked for and that that was very insecure as a voting method. 

2 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

As noted earlier, calls to exclude absentee ballots will particularly affect the military vote, and you can wonder whether Trump (or Republican-run states like Georgia) didn't think of that, accepted it, or included it in their aims. Though I suspect that in the case of Georgia, it's simply all postal ballots falling under the same deadline in state law, with no special exception for military votes (which there really shouldn't be either IMO). 

I do think that Military Ballots are handled slightly differently than standard Absentee ballots, given that they are in fact relating to people sending ballots back through the APO system. They also seem to be obviously different based on things handled by the Florida Fracas as well as other elections. 

I suspect a bit of federal rules on Military Ballots, what with the whole, you're sent down range by the government and you have no say in that issue. 

50 minutes ago, DB said:

Unfortunately the Walton County newspaper is blocked in the EU, so I can't see what they're reporting as a change.
If the video just posted contains mixed ballots in the same proportion as the existing Floyd County results, then it would likely also favour Trump. of course, they might be sorted and then it could be either way. I wonder how many hundred votes are in those boxes.
How incompetent do you have to be to not be able to tabulate ballot boxes received and counted against those expected?

Given that Walton was Red in 2008, in 2016 and is basically the rural rump of the Metro Atlanta area ....I'd put even money on it being a net gain for Trump no matter how small or large. 

3 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

No one is calling to exclude absentee ballots, but the new mail in ballots with no chain of custody that came in late. Screwing the military ballots has a long and storied history with the Dems, see Bush V Gore. Military ballots should be in a class all by themselves.

The Dems keep flipping the coin and it keeps coming up heads in their favor. It's a statistical miracle.

Report: Georgia Election Monitor Finds 9,626-Vote Error in County’s Hand Recount

A monitor has reportedly discovered a 9,626-vote error in Georgia’s DeKalb County’s hand recount, according to Georgia Republican Party chairman David Shafer.

“One of our monitors discovered a 9,626 vote error in the DeKalb County hand count. One batch was labeled 10,707 for Biden and 13 for Trump – an improbable margin even by DeKalb standards,” Shafer said. “The actual count for the batch was 1,081 for Biden and 13 for Trump.”

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

No one is calling to exclude absentee ballots, but the new mail in ballots with no chain of custody that came in late. Screwing the military ballots has a long and storied history with the Dems, see Bush V Gore. Military ballots should be in a class all by themselves.

Why not just set up polling stations at the overseas bases and have them pull the lever in the booth on election day?

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Is someone still mistaking mail-in ballots for absentee ballots?

Waiting for someone, other or not, to ask if gas/petrol vehicles were affected by Dieselgate.

51 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

Why not just set up polling stations at the overseas bases and have them pull the lever in the booth on election day?

Because their ballots would have to be customized for each of the local elections they are also voting in. 

This is my county and I'm not sure what the fuck to think. 

They added a 0 behind a tally of ~1000 votes for Biden and it was caught before upload but after they'd signed the count as accurate? But it was caught by the GOP observer? 

Edited by rmgill

1 hour ago, sunday said:

Is someone still mistaking mail-in ballots for absentee ballots?

Waiting for someone, other or not, to ask if gas/petrol vehicles were affected by Dieselgate.

At some point, the "are you that stupid or are you that disingenuous" question just screams for an answer. Like the "there were good people on both sides" BS.

Well, you're trying to suss out voting patterns for a place you're vaguely aware of. 

Do you know why they call the region the rust belt? Did you note that Trump picked up a large percentage of the union vote in otherwise democrat controlled areas? You understand why that was right?

There is far too much hearsay about the status of the Georgia recount. Is there some official, or at least credible, place where one can compare the original counts with the recounts?

On 11/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, NickM said:

why you think dat, Colin? Yosemite Sam proved to be a rotten human being as a Pol and his family proved to be equally vindictive and classless.

Attacking his service record and being a POW was a shitty and stupid thing to do, much better ways to deride an opponent.

5 hours ago, DB said:

There is far too much hearsay about the status of the Georgia recount. Is there some official, or at least credible, place where one can compare the original counts with the recounts?

December 14 is when it will end with the electoral college totals are tallied.