Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

12 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

Trump was the best candidate to beat Hillary but maybe not the best leader of the US.

OTOH, specially if you are a small business owner, the slightly-left-of-center democrats may feel compelled to create a rescue package (if you want to see REAL leftist politics, come over to this side of the pond).

I don't think anything happens for them until January because of Georgia.  There is no incentive for Pelosi to make a deal now if she feels there will be a much better deal on the table in three months.  I have not seen any evidence that the Democratic leadership gives a shit about the people whose lives will be broken in those months when their real aim is to get a rescue package to the big blue states to cover their insolvency with Federal money.  Note they have cheerfully hurt those businesses with excessive regulations and taxes on the owners (i make 500K so I'm rich but I plow 400K back into my business so I'm not rich but too late for the taxman!) for decades.  

I can't believe that they will be so stupid as to raise taxes and increase regulations when we are trying to come through (certainly not out yet) a global pandemic but as that seems to be their entire playbook I expect them to actually be that stupid if they can be.  

I also have heard that Trump is a fascist but he didn't imprison reporters, didn't take Federal control when the pandemic gave him an out, was mean and uncouth to many or our allies but didn't seem to do much practically to hinder them.  His base is going to see how he was taken down by a false Russia narrative and the compliant media and tech companies and I am willing to bet that they will decide his flaw was that he was too nice; all bark and little bite.  If we don't get a vaccine and we are still dealing with a pandemic (and the Biden campaign has been reaching out to the pharmas in the lead and FDA that they want more oversight and regulations added to Operation warp speed, want to back away from legal protections if the rushed vaccines have complications and have been low key threatening that these vaccines better not be too profitable so I expect them to start backing away from going full speed on a vaccine out of fear) I have some fear of who the opposition (it may not be the GOP) will put up against him.  Who will probably win.  If you enjoyed calling Trump a fascist just wait until you have an actual one.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

I said slightly left of center Democrats, not radical proto-communist like we have over here, mate. These are busy setting up the Ministry of Truth, after trying to destroy the judiciary and creating an appropiate law for the indoctrination of the Pedrojurgend.

😄

True. But what is that of "mate", compañero? Have you gone Aussie?

Edited by sunday

5 minutes ago, Adam Peter said:

Maybe these states became battleground states because of these split votes?

Did you follow the vote counting? Those big spikes of votes for Biden received at 4:00am were not for Representatives and Senators also.

when Trump came into office he kicked the economy into high gear just by taking the regulatory boot off our necks.  My company was at the end of its rope.  Within two years of his election we paid off half of the money we had to borrow during the Obama Presidency to stay in business.  Now we likely face extinction again.  My angle is to play what we learned from the last go round and hope it is enough.  During the previous Democrat regime about 40 of our business to business customers closed their doors for good.  During the time of Trump there were two that went under and both of them were COVID damaged.  My lens is very narrow.

on another note I find it typical that our resident New Yorker hasn't heard of Representative Ocasio Cortez's Project Accountability list.

4 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

The Pure will cleanse the Land of the Evil, haven't you been following Alexandra?

The thing is that there already is a soft purge.  If a recording of me discussing the election and Antifa with my SWAT cop friend went public enough I can guarantee I would never get a teaching job again.  I would definitely lose job opportunities in the pharma/biotech field, considering most of them are in MA, NJ, NY, or CA.  I would have death threats and have to secure my house and family.  That's not hyperbole, that's something that has repeatedly happened to outed conservatives.  AOC is a high profile member of the House and one of the 500 most powerful politicians in the country and since she and her "squad" have affected major policy she is probably in the top few hundred most powerful politicians on the planet.  She is overtly trying to get a systematic database to do that to everyone in the country.  That may not be actual imprisonment counting trees but it's a long way from nothing.  Picking on Murph he seems to be a dedicated and effective LEO.  How many agencies would be automatically closed to him if AOC tweeted his name as an enemy of the US?  That is a hell of a lot more fascist than anything Trump ever did and it currently is the way things work in our country.  

1 minute ago, nitflegal said:

The thing is that there already is a soft purge.  If a recording of me discussing the election and Antifa with my SWAT cop friend went public enough I can guarantee I would never get a teaching job again.  I would definitely lose job opportunities in the pharma/biotech field, considering most of them are in MA, NJ, NY, or CA.  I would have death threats and have to secure my house and family.  That's not hyperbole, that's something that has repeatedly happened to outed conservatives.  AOC is a high profile member of the House and one of the 500 most powerful politicians in the country and since she and her "squad" have affected major policy she is probably in the top few hundred most powerful politicians on the planet.  She is overtly trying to get a systematic database to do that to everyone in the country.  That may not be actual imprisonment counting trees but it's a long way from nothing.  Picking on Murph he seems to be a dedicated and effective LEO.  How many agencies would be automatically closed to him if AOC tweeted his name as an enemy of the US?  That is a hell of a lot more fascist than anything Trump ever did and it currently is the way things work in our country.  

Agreed, and re. the other reply, don't misunderstand, Trump has had his blind spots (mainly he talked loudly but carried a small stick) but for all his faults, he has done more good for the US than bad, but it seemed to have run out of good things to do since COVID hit. IMO it was better than the alternative,

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

CNN (I think it was Jim Acosta) reported a converstation with a senior Trump advisor, where he admitted 'We have found nothing concrete to prove voter fraud'.

Of course people will inevitably say 'Fake News'. But its worth reflecting why a senior Trump advisor would be saying something like that to CNN.

The games up.

Do you think any senior Trump advisor worth a damn is talking to Jim Acosta? Is this like Anonymous who was a senior advisor until it was learned he was a low level flunky who never dealt with the prsident when he wrote the op-ed?

Just now, Jeff said:

Uh, the press doesn't certify the winner of the election, otherwise we'd have had President Gore.

Is this one of those case of posting fake news without thinking first? 😉

4 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

José, if you want to be part of the momentum driving the US down its current trajectory as an outsider, that's your choice. I'm not going to become a partisan in the intra-American narrative-pushing contest, so don't try to be one when I'm making outsider observations. As I said, the only ones who can resolve this conflict or else burn down their own house are the Americans themselves. The rest of us will just have to deal with that. 

As a participant in this election myself, he makes a great deal of sense. As for the "just be quiet and let the election be stolen" idea, bite me, respectfully. Gore litigated 2000 for 37 days.

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

We also created it Ryan. 

No, you didn't you just modernized it for a time. Slavery existed for Thousands of years before. That's why it's in the bible among other historical writings. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I don't defend non assertiveness of British culture. Equally that said,  I can point to the French whom have gone far further in asserting their national culture onto ethnic minorities,and suffer far worse terrorism than we do. The British way historically at home was always to embrace the best of foreign cultures and jettison the worst, just as your country did on a far larger scale. I still embrace that thinking. Most of our minorities do too.

British Culture is good enough that you don't have to apologize for it AND you also don't need to force it on others. Folks will find merit in it just on the merits. Standing by while it's flogged for the sins that every culture on the planet has committed is stupid. 

I was just speaking to a chap who works our security department who's Jamaican by birth but grew up in the Midlands (he even sounds it). He's sees the problem there too. And it's not that the British are being too British. The opposite in fact. 

37 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

I can't believe that they will be so stupid as to raise taxes and increase regulations when we are trying to come through (certainly not out yet) a global pandemic but as that seems to be their entire playbook I expect them to actually be that stupid if they can be.  

California is Exhibit A. 

27 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

So was Trump. :D

So was I in the 90s. I voted for Bill Clinton and looked up to Jimmy Carter. Then Carter got soft on marxist vote fixing and Bill signed the Communications Decency Act, both showing that Democrats didn't actually give a shit about democratic ideals OR free speech. 

24 minutes ago, sunday said:

Is this one of those case of posting fake news without thinking first? 😉

Can't be. We have people to check that. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

One of the pro Trump posters here uses that as a signature, which is why I quoted it.

Yes, but this election isn't over(no matter what the MSM says) and if fraudulent ballots have changed the results, wouldn't you agree that that should not stand? We may disagree on what's fraudulent but we should agree that a free and fair election is what our Republic stands on. We accepted 8 years of Obama, the Dems never accepted 4 years of Trump.

1 minute ago, Sardaukar said:

rmgill sounds like humped with baseball bat..

Seriously, dude?

Do you understand the background of the CDA and CALEA and the issues they presented?

We had a burgeoning Tech sector and online community in the 90s. In that background you had incidents like the Steve Jackson Games Raid (a sheer pile of fuckery on the part of the Secret Service) police that didn't understand computers and issues of people trying to protect kids from naughty things on the internet. There was also the issue of how Law Enforcement was scared that it could not tap encrypted digital communications. 

Enter the Communications Decency Act and the Communications Assistance for Law Enforement Act. They were prepped before Clinton was president in the house and senate. The EFF, Wired, The ACLU and the 2600/online computing community were all up in arms about it. But Bill Clinton, being the young and tech savvy guy he supposedly was, we were all sure he'd veto both. Nope. Signed em both into law and then defended them resolutely in the court. 

From the CDA, we had ACLU v Reno which clamped down on most of the provisions. CALEA still exists today and provides the FBI with an unencrypted port to access to snoop the communications. It's a major fault in US telecommunications gear becuase it means that US gear is automagically snake bit allowing US Federal agents to sniff the gear. It puts US telecom providers on their hind food when it comes to selling the networking gear that has any sort of in-the-link crypto/security. 

I seriously doubt that Trump and his team will prove enough fraud to flip the election.  I fully expect them to prove significant election fraud.  Which will be more than enough to convince most of his voters and probably many who didn't that undiscovered fraud could have cost Trump the election.  That will be bad enough.  Now let's see what happens if the Biden laptop keeps revelations coming.  Maybe a troublesome Durham report.  Throw in that even Democrat supporters I know think Biden doesn't last his term and his campaign knew he couldn't (does that qualify as a scandal?).  2020 might seem like a good year in retrospect. . . 

49 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Maybe we could call it a "social credit score"? I hear the Tech Tyrants have some experience with that.