Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

theologically speaking I am of the belief that God expects us to do much for ourselves.  That it is in God's hands doesn't mean we are to leave everything to do to Him.  These are times that try the faith but let's be honest.  A Biden administration is no more detrimental to the nation than an Obama Presidency.  Even the upcoming Harris Administration isn't going to have much time between replacing Joe and the Mid-terms which are likely to be hard for Team D if gas is $4 per gallon.

All this feels to me like the day after Pearl Harbor must've felt but it really isn't so.  When they come with their Order 66 then I guess we will see what happens.  Until then, faith is what we have left.  There will not likely be another President of the United States that isn't a professional politician and that is a very sad thing.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's interesting to watch Fox News over the past couple of hours. There's a notable change in tone of the reporting, a lot of talk about Trump needing to "take his time and process the situation", him being "of course entitled to certain legal challenges", but the momentum is clear already. Even the Trump campaign's legal advisor didn't sound so sure any longer, explained how auditing the result was important to allow the nation to accept it.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

12 minutes ago, rmgill said:

You've completely missed the entire scope of the disintegrationists. Your nation was KEY in ending the world slave trade. That does not matter. They want power. Their path to that is pitting the woke left against white western males and anyone who aligns with them. Sikh British woman, still a white western male. Part of that is destroying those cultural institutions of the west.

This is all mirrored by Biden who literally said that if you are black but you didn't vote for him you weren't black any more. 

We also created it Ryan. There is a reason why Bristol and Liverpool became the greatest seaports in the world, and it wasn't moving rubber dogshit. You are perfectly right we also ended it. You cannot discuss one fact with the exclusion of the the other, and both the left and the right have tried to do so. I'm in the middle, so I can happily embrace both perspectives.

I don't defend non assertiveness of British culture. Equally that said,  I can point to the French whom have gone far further in asserting their national culture onto ethnic minorities,and suffer far worse terrorism than we do. The British way historically at home was always to embrace the best of foreign cultures and jettison the worst, just as your country did on a far larger scale. I still embrace that thinking. Most of our minorities do too.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

6 minutes ago, Tim the Tank Nut said:

theologically speaking I am of the belief that God expects us to do much for ourselves.  That it is in God's hands doesn't mean we are to leave everything to do to Him.  These are times that try the faith but let's be honest.  A Biden administration is no more detrimental to the nation than an Obama Presidency.  Even the upcoming Harris Administration isn't going to have much time between replacing Joe and the Mid-terms which are likely to be hard for Team D if gas is $4 per gallon.

All this feels to me like the day after Pearl Harbor must've felt but it really isn't so.  When they come with their Order 66 then I guess we will see what happens.  Until then, faith is what we have left.  There will not likely be another President of the United States that isn't a professional politician and that is a very sad thing.

Don't bring common sense here... :)

Biggest issue I see is that a Biden administration will seek to undo Trump's good work in the economy because Orange Man Bad and with COVID that's not an area that will allow for games.

2 minutes ago, sunday said:

Josh, have you checked how many states with (R) legislatures supposedly voted for Biden? Most of those will sent a Republican representatives to the House, so probably they want to redress election fraud in order to save their throats, in a figurative sense.

And they will probably face a lot of blowback if they do unless there is provable fraud that tipped the scales in their state. They will also in most cases have to do So almost as a complete caucus with few defectors, with the pucker factor of still not accomplishing anything unless three state legislators flip. It’s possible, but only with a lot of organization and if you’re ready for the country and economy to completely fall apart and sign you name on it.

the majority of Americans made it clear, *again*, that they don’t want Trump. There may be constitutional ways of Overpowering that, but it will impact you as a state legislator personally and lead to unending violence and economic decline.

In the end, I doubt Trump’s enablers are any more as loyal to him as he has been to them: basically zero if you aren’t family.

1 hour ago, rmgill said:

Imagine if you will, a movement within Finland that decided that all acknowledgment of your old Finno/Germanic/Nordic cultural roots was racist and that you should adopt those ideals of what ever the soviets pushed upon you in the winter war and afterwards. 

Such movements exist already, although not the way you describe: Soviets actually always paid lip service to indigenous cultures and in case of Finland promoted historical Finno-Karelian unity, under the guidance of Supreme Soviet, of course.

There is 'European' school which is very pro-EU and tend to see Finland's indigenous Uralic (not Germanic!) roots an embarrassment and adopt everything from 'civilized' West European countries, most notably Germany. This includes collective shame about WW2, colonies (which Finland never had but lets ignore that) and so on. Then there's the 'American' school who are mostly economic liberal (or libertarian) types who want to emulate US political, economic and educational practices and believe it would result to much higher standard of living.

However for general population, those views are very much in the fringe, at least for now.

The difference in votes is 4 million out of a population of 331 million of which 150 million voted, which means that 4 million is 2.67% of the vote. Not exactly overwhelming numbers. In fact the nations voters are pretty evenly split.

6 minutes ago, Colin said:

The difference in votes is 4 million out of a population of 331 million of which 150 million voted, which means that 4 million is 2.67% of the vote. Not exactly overwhelming numbers. In fact the nations voters are pretty evenly split.

But it is in stark contrast to 2016 when we were told ‘elections have consequences’.

Retac, last thing I want to do is be called reasonable.  You sir, have gone too far!!!

A thought occurred to me.  At this point I am in the position of being Frodo watching Gandalf (Trump) fall into the chasm after the Balrog.  If he goes from being Trump the Orange to Trump the White when this is all done for it'll be worth the price of admission.

To Ken E's point above Trump won't be the only failed businessman in the next few years.  A lot of us expect to be wiped out by the regulatory deluge coming soon to a company near you.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

But it is in stark contrast to 2016 when we were told ‘elections have consequences’.

You mean 2009 not 2016.  That's when Obama graced us with that bit of wisdom.

2 minutes ago, sunday said:

Compare the popular vote of 2020 Trump with 1996 Clinton, 2004 Bush, and 2012 Obama. Quite the increase for Trump.

Yes, and doesn't this speak against pro-Democrat voting conspiracy? Biden was polled to win by a comfortable margin and as I recall there were talks about 'blue tsunami', Democrats sweeping the Congress vote too? So if anything, this result seems bit of a disappointment for them.

Usually you suspect voting frauds when someone does much better than the polls. I mean, final numbers for Biden hardly seem suspiciously high compared to expectations beforehand.

Theory is that, confronted with a *real* Trump landslide the elaboration of too many fake ballots needed to be quick, so no time to fill the checkboxes for House and Senate. Comparison of voting totals in normal, and battleground states hint to that.

As a result, Biden "obtained" a lot more votes than the sum of the obtained by Dem candidates to the House and the Senate, and that could be another indication of fraud.

Edited by sunday

6 minutes ago, sunday said:

As a result, Biden "obtained" a lot more votes than the sum of the obtained by Dem candidates to the House and the Senate, and that could be another indication of fraud.

But what if Republican-leaning voters hated Trump more than the center-player Biden? What if they don't want gay marriage and love story with Kim?

19 minutes ago, Tim the Tank Nut said:

Retac, last thing I want to do is be called reasonable.  You sir, have gone too far!!!

A thought occurred to me.  At this point I am in the position of being Frodo watching Gandalf (Trump) fall into the chasm after the Balrog.  If he goes from being Trump the Orange to Trump the White when this is all done for it'll be worth the price of admission.

To Ken E's point above Trump won't be the only failed businessman in the next few years.  A lot of us expect to be wiped out by the regulatory deluge coming soon to a company near you.

I think there's a bit of wishful thinking there, Trump never established a long term plan or a vision for the future of the US other than MAGA (and I wonder when the US became small, I guess we didn't get the memo...) so he's going back to living in luxury in the Trump tower (oh, the sacrifice...). At the same time, the GOP wasn't able to create a successor or an alternative, and the Trump cabinets are just a list of discarded candidates, so now it's back to the roots, to look for an appropiate Governor to retake the WH in 4 years.

Trump was the best candidate to beat Hillary but maybe not the best leader of the US.

OTOH, specially if you are a small business owner, the slightly-left-of-center democrats may feel compelled to create a rescue package (if you want to see REAL leftist politics, come over to this side of the pond).

It was unlikely Trump would win and he did not, barring some amazingly definitive evidence of voter fraud to the point the results changed.  Here's what will be "fun" one side will be outraged and one side is pandering to a base who hates that half.  Both sides will see the GA run-offs as the absolute key to the next two years, either to thwart the Democrats eliminating the filibuster and court packing etc or to enable Biden and the Democrats to have the ability to pass whatever they want.  We remember the outright vote buying and rules changes to get Obamacare passed as evidence that the Democrats will fight to win their agenda in any way needed. Trump will have two months to declassify whatever he wants, the Hunter Biden laptop, Durham report, etc.  Both sides are going to fight far more bitterly over those senate seats than they probably did over the damned presidency.  

I suspect we haven't even seen anything close to as ugly as it is about to become.  

2 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

It was unlikely Trump would win and he did not, barring some amazingly definitive evidence of voter fraud to the point the results changed.  Here's what will be "fun" one side will be outraged and one side is pandering to a base who hates that half.  Both sides will see the GA run-offs as the absolute key to the next two years, either to thwart the Democrats eliminating the filibuster and court packing etc or to enable Biden and the Democrats to have the ability to pass whatever they want.  We remember the outright vote buying and rules changes to get Obamacare passed as evidence that the Democrats will fight to win their agenda in any way needed. Trump will have two months to declassify whatever he wants, the Hunter Biden laptop, Durham report, etc.  Both sides are going to fight far more bitterly over those senate seats than they probably did over the damned presidency.  

I suspect we haven't even seen anything close to as ugly as it is about to become.  

It is going to get brutal as the purges begin.

5 minutes ago, Adam Peter said:

But what if Republican-leaning voters hated Trump more than the center-player Biden? What if they don't want gay marriage and love story with Kim?

What if Republican-leaning voters hated Trump more than the center-player Biden, but that is observable only in battleground states?

Yes, that is what happened.

7 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

OTOH, specially if you are a small business owner, the slightly-left-of-center democrats may feel compelled to create a rescue package (if you want to see REAL leftist politics, come over to this side of the pond).

No rescue package for small businesses forced to close by the Government in Spain, thank you very much.

Some in UK, Germany or France, however.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, Sardaukar said:

Roman seriously comparing Russian elections to US elections...

Seriously :D

Actually I am making great credit to US by comparing current US elections to one in Russia in 1996, since Russia have to significant extent recovered since then – so it is leaving some hope to US too.

If you are unhappy with my comparison, here are Ukrainian commenters finding analogy to US elections in Ukrainian presidential voting back in 2004-2005, As result, Ukraine is failed state now

By the way they are also discussing possibility of Guaido and Tikhanovskaya scenarios in USA.

P.S. By the way, another point in discussion above is that Civil war is not worst case scenario for USA (as Civil wars end up in some kind of peace sooner or later) – but ethnic conflict is (as there is no exit from racial conflict).

Edited by Roman Alymov

9 minutes ago, sunday said:

No rescue package for small businesses forced to close by the Government in Spain, thank you very much.

Some in UK, Germany or France, however.

I said slightly left of center Democrats, not radical proto-communist like we have over here, mate. These are busy setting up the Ministry of Truth, after trying to destroy the judiciary and creating an appropiate law for the indoctrination of the Pedrojurgend.

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

It’s not clear to me what kind of purge is supposed to happen, and who will execute it, and against whom it would be directed.

The Pure will cleanse the Land of the Evil, haven't you been following Alexandra?

18 minutes ago, sunday said:

What if Republican-leaning voters hated Trump more than the center-player Biden, but that is observable only in battleground states?

Maybe these states became battleground states because of these split votes?