Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

Frankly, I think at a certain point you'll need to think about why you frequent a forum where you apparently ignore the comments of half the posters. I've always thought it makes more sense to try to engage people, you know?

+ lot

Said it before - forum is for exchange of opinions, even heated, not for finding own safespace.

Although when two moderators openly consider you an enemy of the state due to your political affiliation it is perhaps time to simply leave.

No one is tied to this grate sight and can leave at any time but did these moderators threaten any kind of retribution? Did they use their powers to edit your posts or shadowban your opinions? Have they used their powers to disrupt your life outside this site? No, so what does their being moderators have to do with anything? I'd guess half this topic is either non US citizens who don't even live here or those of the Left and yet the Right side of the equation isn't taking their toys and going home. The Right is used to being smeared, threatened and hammered as Nazis and racists on a daily basis. We toughen up and work even harder to support our positions with what we consider to be pertinent facts. There are three members I have on ignore. It's not for their opinions but for their pointlessly horrible signal to noise ratio. If I ignored those I don't agree with here, I'd have quite a few people on ignore.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There isnt, now. The reason to not withdraw them, that the Turks would invade and start killing them, has already happened. And you arent withdrawing, as said, you seem to be putting troops in to hold onto the oil.

As I understand it that oil being the resource groups such as ISIS were using and selling to Europe to fund their terroristic lifestyle.

But for flarg's sake...the Syrian 'oil fields' are barely one tenth the most poor producing OPEC member (Gabon and it 200K barrels per day); heck even frikkin' Kern County near Bakersfield makes nearly 7 times the amount of oil I'll bet Greek Olive Oil production is higher. Yet MSN (the 'pro trump news?!) is implying the US is there to 'control Syrian Oil'. --kind of like some nut-cases said the War in Kosovo was so NATO could control the 'gold mines there to prop up the Euro (the person 'breathlessly said there were nearly $2 billion (With "B") worth of gold still in those mines!)

Well they are there to control the oil, the President is very specific on that point. As for it being a spot in the bucket, I dont remotely disagree with you. It stops ISIS selling it, and it pisses off Assad so im all for it. But lets not pretend its a war winning strategy in itself which is how the President keeps trying to present it. I love to see the US exploit it to fund its war effort, but it wont because of basic property rights. At which point you have to wonder why 'holding onto the oil' is regarded as some kind of triumph. Its just one more chess piece that will inevitably be traded back.

It keeps it out of the hands and checkbooks of ISIS.

Frankly, I think at a certain point you'll need to think about why you frequent a forum where you apparently ignore the comments of half the posters. I've always thought it makes more sense to try to engage people, you know?

+ lot

Said it before - forum is for exchange of opinions, even heated, not for finding own safespace.

Although when two moderators openly consider you an enemy of the state due to your political affiliation it is perhaps time to simply leave.

No one is tied to this grate sight and can leave at any time but did these moderators threaten any kind of retribution? Did they use their powers to edit your posts or shadowban your opinions? Have they used their powers to disrupt your life outside this site? No, so what does their being moderators have to do with anything? I'd guess half this topic is either non US citizens who don't even live here or those of the Left and yet the Right side of the equation isn't taking their toys and going home. The Right is used to being smeared, threatened and hammered as Nazis and racists on a daily basis. We toughen up and work even harder to support our positions with what we consider to be pertinent facts. There are three members I have on ignore. It's not for their opinions but for their pointlessly horrible signal to noise ratio. If I ignored those I don't agree with here, I'd have quite a few people on ignore.

FYI, I seem to recall that it was the poster Josh that either earlier this year or last was trolling me on several threads on this site that I was a Russian trollbot, not a Canadian. As such, to see him of all posters complain about forum delicacies seems a little much to me.

+ lot

FYI, I seem to recall that it was the poster Josh that either earlier this year or last was trolling me on several threads on this site that I was a Russian trollbot, not a Canadian. As such, to see him of all posters complain about forum delicacies seems a little much to me.

He's been a member of this grate sight for a long time but TDS is a terrible thing. :(

+ lot

He's been a member of this grate sight for a long time but TDS is a terrible thing. :(

Also FYI, I think no one has pissed off Rich more than Glenn boy has :) Glenn boy likes playing mind games as much as playing with fire me thinks! Just FYI!!II!!!

More trouble for the Rebubs?

Top Dem says ethics investigation into Devin Nunes likely

The top Democrat on the House armed services committee said Saturday that Republican Rep. Devin Nunes is likely to face an ethics investigation over allegations he met with an ex-Ukrainian prosecutor at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

Quite likely, without question, House Armed Services Committee chairman Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash) said when asked by MSNBCs Joy Reid whether Nunes (R-Calif.), the House Intelligence Committees top Republican and a longtime Trump ally, could be investigated.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/top-dem-says-ethics-investigation-into-devin-nunes-likely/ar-BBXeCJb?ocid=spartanntp

Nunes sues CNN over this claim:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/devin-nunes-sues-cnn-for-435-million-over-hit-piece/amp/

+ lot

My TDS not withstanding, none of my posts have been as personal directed as yours, moderator. And Murphys are far worse. Enjoy yourself; I resign. Delete the account if if you think Ukrainians might hack it. Ive enjoyed the board for most of two decades but it has lost its objectivity.

Cheers.

My TDS not withstanding, none of my posts have been as personal directed as yours, moderator. And Murphys are far worse. Enjoy yourself; I resign. Delete the account if if you think Ukrainians might hack it. Ive enjoyed the board for most of two decades but it has lost its objectivity.

Cheers.

In the "New Australian Sub" thread I have 33 posts in it, you got 28, next is Simon at 16 (:D ), and then a bunch of non-Americans at 13, 10, 9, 8, and so on. Jeff at 1 :D Many other military current affairs and current equipment threads feature similar ratio between your and the total amount by the American contigent. It has helped me better understand the techie stuff and so on. And I always thought your posts reflected geniune interest in what would be good for the US in this God forsaking planet full of homosapians.

Of course I think I have "quitted" 10 times now :D Tomorrow might be the 11th, who knows :D

Thank you for your interest and time in the "insigificant" American arm in the other threads out of the FFZ. Continue again maybe but just skip some of the FFZ if must be.

I'd guess half this topic is either non US citizens who don't even live here or those of the Left and yet the Right side of the equation isn't taking their toys and going home. The Right is used to being smeared, threatened and hammered as Nazis and racists on a daily basis. We toughen up and work even harder to support our positions with what we consider to be pertinent facts.

Only those who are still here. The rightwingers who complained that TankNet is turning into a leftwing site because people are allowed to talk back to them seem to be mostly gone. ;)

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/banker-with-ties-to-jeffrey-epstein-found-dead-from-apparent-suicide/

Here’s an odd one. Banker Thomas Bowers, who worked for a bank that managed Jeffrey Epstein’s funds, was recently found dead from an apparent suicide which, according to the Los Angeles Coroner’s Report, was via hanging. He was 55 years old. Weirder is that those outlets reporting on the banker’s death seem adamant to tie the banker and Deutsche Bank to Donald Trump. Not Jeffrey Epstein. It took a little digging, but here’s what I’ve found.

Thomas Bowers was the head of wealth management at Deutsche Bank as early as 2012. According to The New York Times, Epstein was a client of their private-banking division since 2013.

+ lot

Also FYI, I think no one has pissed off Rich more than Glenn boy has :) Glenn boy likes playing mind games as much as playing with fire me thinks! Just FYI!!II!!!

Rich? I took a beating on about 12 fronts in that Torch discussion. Did you see me whining about it?

Edited by glenn239

I'd have more TDS myself if he'd done anything that I thought was a huge gaff. After 3 or 4 years under the microscope, still no fatal mistakes. The foreign policy file contains no great successes, but no big failures either, and the most recent move in Syria is working out well. Domestically, the economy is doing fine. He must be doing something right. And the man has balls of steel. Never seen a President so unflappable.

Edited by glenn239

+ lot

Rich? I took a beating on about 12 fronts in that Torch discussion. Did you see me whining about it?

Link to it for review if you want to make a specticle.

one of the TankNet basics is that if you are going to argue against Rich you'd better have your figures figured really good. He's got it down.

He really ought to have online classes in military history

Exactly. But Glenn's insistant fake history pushed his buttons.