Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

If the Southern Poverty Law Center told we the sun was coming up in the east, I would wait and see, their language is inflammatory to say the least. so until you read the leaked emails yourself, you won't have any context.

It was reportedy a Breitbart writer who gave them her emails from Miller.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murph isnt an extremist. I dont believe anyone here is an extremist. If you were, you would all be planting bombs and not debating with each other, right? I think the problem is that language has become so extreme in America, nobody has a problem using it, and do not actually stop to think what it is they are actually saying.

Orwell wrote a great essay about unclear language, or unthinking language in this context. It bears reading, but ill quote what I think is one of the most significant parts.

https://personal.utdallas.edu/~aria/research/resources/orwell.pdf

In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the in-defensible. Things like the continuance of British rule in India, the Russian purges and deportations, the dropping of the atom bombs on Japan, can indeed be defended, but only by arguments which are too brutal for most people to face, and which do not square with the professed aims of the political parties.Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness. Defenseless villages are bombarded from the air,the inhabitants driven out into the countryside, the cattle machine-gunned, the huts set on fire with incendiary bullets: this is called pacification. Millions of peasants are robbed of their farms and sent trudging along the roads with no more than they can carry: this is called transfer of population or rectification of frontiers. People are imprisoned for years without trial, or shot in the back of the neck or sent to die of scurvy in Arctic lumber camps: this is called elimination of unreliable elements. Such phraseology is needed if one wants to name things without calling up mental pictures of them.

''''

The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between ones real and ones declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as keeping out of politics. All issues are political issues,and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia.When the general atmosphere is bad, language must suffer. I should expect to find this is a guess which I have not sufficient knowledge to verify that the German, Russian and Italian languages have all deteriorated in the last ten or fifteen years, as a result of dictatorship.

But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought. A bad usage can spread by tradition and imitation even among people who should and do know better.

To clarify, I dont think Trump's administration is a dictatorship, he isn't competent enough for that. But what I think Ssnake is trying to point to, from the German experience, is that dictatorship can come from trivialization of extreme language. And if that is something like what he is saying, I have to completely agree.

The left are not trying to destroy America. The right are not fascists. Oceanea has not not always been at war with Eastasia. So....

Stuart if you think and openly claim the entirety of the opposing political party is actively intending to destroy your country and is a direct threat to your family you are an extremist, and logically one step away from a violent one.

I would add to that, my mom grew up in Beatrice Nebraska. And she votes democratic. Does she hate America? And if so, when and why did she lose her way?

Josh the following is in no way disrespectful to your mother but I would ask her if she thinks today's Democratic Party and the one she remembers in the past are the same?

Today's Democratic Party is anti-God, anti-normal marriage and anti-morality. It has also turned away from its blue-collar roots.

So do you think his mom is amoral for voting Democratic?

In the U.S., why is this so?

Because 25-30% of the population will find arguments of something being "anti-god", irrational and a sign of religious fundamentalism. If you want to promote understanding for your position, that might not be a good foundation to have a discussion on.

Today's Democratic Party is anti-God, (...)

When you base your political arguments on metaphysical concepts that are dependent on individual faith and religiosity, you will find it increasingly difficult to find any common ground in these kinds of discussions.

His statement is one one hand incorrect and on the other it would be irrelevant if true.

The Republican party is siding with a president who checked the boxes of all deadly sins, had divorces and so on.

Any pretence of Republicans being the Christian party is plain lying by now.

The Democratic party is objectively less out of touch with the 'help the poor, love each other' message of the New Testament. They want to help the poor, the disadvantaged, the disabled, the powerless. That's what Jesus preached, not calling fellow citizens "demon rats", fear, hate, exploitation of people by powerful corporations, pollution of the environment, plutocracy.

The so-called religious right is delusional. They follow false preachers. Just look at the "spiritual advisor" in the White House, a woman who runs a prosperity gospel scheme. A kind of scheme so stupid, it's largely unknown outside of the United States.

https://www.newsweek.com/bush-ethics-lawyer-paula-white-1471524

Nope no Russians to see here.

A Russian Copper Company Bought 70,000 copies of Donald Trump Jr.s New Book. The company, Russian Copper, is led by one of the top oligarchs in Moscow, Niko Deripaskov, a close friend and confidant to President Vladimir Putin, and the vast majority of the books total sales were billed to Russian Copper.

https://halfwaypost.com/2019/11/08/a-russian-copper-company-bought-70000-copies-of-donald-trump-jr-s-new-book/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

When you base your political arguments on metaphysical concepts that are dependent on individual faith and religiosity, you will find it increasingly difficult to find any common ground in these kinds of discussions.

His statement is one one hand incorrect and on the other it would be irrelevant if true.

The Republican party is siding with a president who checked the boxes of all deadly sins, had divorces and so on.

Any pretence of Republicans being the Christian party is plain lying by now.

The Democratic party is objectively less out of touch with the 'help the poor, love each other' message of the New Testament. They want to help the poor, the disadvantaged, the disabled, the powerless. That's what Jesus preached, not calling fellow citizens "demon rats", fear, hate, exploitation of people by powerful corporations, pollution of the environment, plutocracy.

The so-called religious right is delusional. They follow false preachers. Just look at the "spiritual advisor" in the White House, a woman who runs a prosperity gospel scheme. A kind of scheme so stupid, it's largely unknown outside of the United States.

https://www.newsweek.com/bush-ethics-lawyer-paula-white-1471524

Come on dude, if you had the power, would you ban Christianity?

Because whether or not you realize it, or choose to realize it, the culture of religiosity has changed. Just as society changed from the 17th century of witch burning, to a less strict interpretation of the Bible, society has greatly changed over just the last 40 years. No longer is it acceptable to base arguments on some metaphysical crutch, "Because God says it so," rather you are expected to use some form a logic. Now granted, our leftist "friends" largely base their arguments on appeals to emotion, "Think of the children," that is still no reason to base your arguments on appeals to a deity. Many of us, perhaps most of us, realize to one extent or another appeals to a deity are really a short hand for cold logic. Sometimes they couch biological imperatives, such as the survival of the species, into something more colorful and less harsh. Let the Leftists argue from hollow emotional stands, which is what is currently tearing them apart, while you dig deeper into the foundations of your beliefs and argue from there.

Because whether or not you realize it, or choose to realize it, the culture of religiosity has changed. Just as society changed from the 17th century of witch burning, to a less strict interpretation of the Bible, society has greatly changed over just the last 40 years. No longer is it acceptable to base arguments on some metaphysical crutch, "Because God says it so," rather you are expected to use some form a logic. Now granted, our leftist "friends" largely base their arguments on appeals to emotion, "Think of the children," that is still no reason to base your arguments on appeals to a deity. Many of us, perhaps most of us, realize to one extent or another appeals to a deity are really a short hand for cold logic. Sometimes they couch biological imperatives, such as the survival of the species, into something more colorful and less harsh. Let the Leftists argue from hollow emotional stands, which is what is currently tearing them apart, while you dig deeper into the foundations of your beliefs and argue from there.

Empathy for the most vulnerable and dependent members of our society is to be derided as a hollow emotional stand. Let that sink in.

it only took a second of sinking in to realize just how hollow an emotional stand "think of the children" is.

After all,we certainly didn't have a problem with post birth abortion did we?

That is why I tend to side with Murph on what constitutes extremist language. The Left stands for thought control leading to death and that is an inescapable truth. As far as Josh hating America, of course not, he loves America much the same way the wolf loves the lamb. For the Left the United States is a thing to be owned and controlled and the people who don't feel the same way are to be repressed.

The most Leftist President of all time for the United States was Barack Obama and he is starting to sound like a voice of reason compared to the Squad and the House of Representatives. When your party considers Obama too far to the right then you may have jumped the shark,

Regarding Last Dingo, there has not been a more worthless poster in the history of this Grate Site. His level of knowledge and ability to communicate represent the absolute bottom of the internet barrel but we shouldn't be banning people over being obnoxious and ill informed.

The basic tenets of western Christendom make a pretty good foundation for a free society. There isn't a lot that can legitimately be considered objectionable in the Ten Commandments. While religion is less important than it used to be in society we'd best not be too quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

it only took a second of sinking in to realize just how hollow an emotional stand "think of the children" is.

That is why I tend to side with Murph on what constitutes extremist language. The Left stands for thought control leading to death and that is an inescapable truth. As far as Josh hating America, of course not, he loves America much the same way the wolf loves the lamb. For the Left the United States is a thing to be owned and controlled and the people who don't feel the same way are to be repressed.

The most Leftist President of all time for the United States was Barack Obama and he is starting to sound like a voice of reason compared to the Squad and the House of Representatives. When your party considers Obama too far to the right then you may have jumped the shark,

Regarding Last Dingo, there has not been a more worthless poster in the history of this Grate Site. His level of knowledge and ability to communicate represent the absolute bottom of the internet barrel but we shouldn't be banning people over being obnoxious and ill informed.

The basic tenets of western Christendom make a pretty good foundation for a free society. There isn't a lot that can legitimately be considered objectionable in the Ten Commandments. While religion is less important than it used to be in society we'd best not be too quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

But I'm angry. Ban!!!!!!!!!!!!! Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

:)

Paul Stuart if you think and openly claim the entirety of the opposing political party is actively intending to destroy your country and is a direct threat to your family you are an extremist, and logically one step away from a violent one.

Sure. By that logic tough talk about what US troops should do in battle 3,000 miles from somebody's backyard slit trench makes the talker practically a US Navy SEAL.

Edited by glenn239

Paul Stuart if you think and openly claim the entirety of the opposing political party is actively intending to destroy your country and is a direct threat to your family you are an extremist, and logically one step away from a violent one.

Sure. By that logic tough talk about what US troops should do in battle 3,000 miles from somebody's backyard slit trench makes the talker practically a US Navy SEAL.

One is free to make that argument to the Secret Service after one threatens the life of the President.

That's just worthless, no-knowledge of real world posting of yours.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/health/abortion-bill-trump.html

You expose yourself as gullible and an easy target for lying propaganda.

To be fair, the sophistication level of propaganda is at the point where not being an easy target for it is difficult these days.

After all what? Please provide references for actual "post birth abortions".

Which Democratic policy provides for thought control resulting in death? Must be obvious as an "inescapable truth".

I would consider FDR, JFK, and LBJ, and even Carter as much more leftist than BHO.

Last Dingo must be doing somthing right to unseat myself as the worst poster here. Congrats LD.

Because 25-30% of the population will find arguments of something being "anti-god", irrational and a sign of religious fundamentalism. If you want to promote understanding for your position, that might not be a good foundation to have a discussion on.

There is no higher authority than God and no higher law than the bible. America can only prosper if returns to be a Christian society in unity with God.

Paul G,

Whilst I can almost never find anything that you and I agree on you at least post with a certain level of conviction. You believe what you believe and post accordingly. That is a long way from Last Dingo's trolling which is very close to the perfect internet troll if you programmed software to do the job.

He's the internet's version of a compass that points south

I found Governor Northam's exact words pretty quickly

"the infant would be kept comfortable"

and then

"a discussion would occur"

I tried to post a link but there appears to be some issue

Another thought does occur to me, the harvesting of tissue and organs is a pretty big business these days. I suppose the Chinese solution would work if the supply of fetus parts were to diminish