The Death Of Western Science

Mr King

My younger sister is the Dean in an university, of course mixed, and at the slightest whiff of this kind of stupidity the roar would be worse than Mt Pinatubo!

Of course she would be angry. She reached the position through brain and effort and now some whalewhoppers want similar rewards over... vagina.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Texas A&M no less! These two "professors" opine that monuments are white male expressions of repression. How did Academia get so F'ed up? I know most have been living in their parents basements while they stayed in school, and never left. They never did any useful work in the real world their entire lives.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/19/apparently-memorials-now-foster-white-heterosexual-male-supremacy/

Not even that, she's old school and exactitude, rigor and intellectual flawless honesty are the rule. Anything not up to her standards get shot down in flames just for daring to try passing an inferior product. Plain ignorance she can tolerate as it can be corrected, but arrant dishonesty of the types described are thrown out as insulting to the faculty's intelligence.

Not even that, she's old school and exactitude, rigor and intellectual flawless honesty are the rule. Anything not up to her standards get shot down in flames just for daring to try passing an inferior product. Plain ignorance she can tolerate as it can be corrected, but arrant dishonesty of the types described are thrown out as insulting to the faculty's intelligence.

She single? :)

At Texas A&M no less! These two "professors" opine that monuments are white male expressions of repression. How did Academia get so F'ed up? I know most have been living in their parents basements while they stayed in school, and never left. They never did any useful work in the real world their entire lives.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/19/apparently-memorials-now-foster-white-heterosexual-male-supremacy/

Ego and power. Reference to the underlined sentence. Take the propaganda that any college degree makes you "smarter" than everyone else and invent something that even sniffs of "intellectual." Get said B.S. published, you get a classroom where the college indoctrination can be perpetuated. Eventually you get tenure forever living off the taxpayer teat without any responsibility for your actions or actual and factual contributions to society.

The feminists are probably braiding the rope already. How dare a woman be autonomous and actually achieving something on her own

edit:

whch reminds me of this old strip from Wednesday March 18, 1998

Edited by Panzermann

Colleges teach you how to think. Positions and proffessors you disagree with help you to deduct reasoned counter arguments after research and progressive thinking. I did so on multiple ocassion during my time at NU. I had one leftist proff in tears over my defense of Reagan's actions in Libya. I sparred with leftist philosophers who saw nationalism as the root of all evil. On the other hand i also challenged anti-evolution members of the conservative writing club i was a member of. Academia is partly about challenging the status quo. Without that challenge we'd still be in the dark ages. Sure some ideas are less good than others. But the bad ideas are useful in helping to shape the good ones.

TBH Academia was always wacky. Nowadays it is just more visible. You always had the wacky professors getting lost in the philosophies and often pretty off the mark. Some of the most brilliant scientists had some frightening ideas about society - they just did not have internet and "publish or perish" mentality...

Jordan Peterson addresses this in many of his talks. IT came out of the literature departments originally in France with the mapping of oppression/oppressor terms over the top of marxist objectives. Anywhere you see Identity politics, it's an outgrowth of that.

I had several friends in the 90s who were critical theory chicks, the more they got into it, the more they became unhinged politically. I remember talking with one of them way back when and not getting what she was describing to me because I kept trying to map it to literature and not to the larger political objectives it actually has. It was only later that I finally grokked that it was about political structure. The slight of hand works quite well until you rip the curtains away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCqUc_U_8g

I didn't see this coming :D She is, occasionally, but I knew a few of her colleagues and I'd rather date a bipolar bear :lol:

I didn't see this coming :D She is, occasionally, but I knew a few of her colleagues and I'd rather date a bipolar bear :lol:

Grizzly, Black, or Polar?

Which day??

A bipolar bear is one that can inhabit over both polar circles at the same time, an observed fact. This ability is part of their White Privilege but has been strongly contested by the Black Bears Matter movement. Curiously no bipolar bears have been observed in Black Panthers habitat.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/19/538092649/say-goodbye-to-x-y-should-community-colleges-abolish-algebra

Algebra is one of the biggest hurdles to getting a high school or college degree — particularly for students of color and first-generation undergrads.

It is also the single most failed course in community colleges across the country. So if you're not a STEM major (science, technology, engineering, math), why even study algebra?

That's the argument Eloy Ortiz Oakley, chancellor of the California community college system, made today in an interview with NPR's Robert Siegel.

At American community colleges, 60 percent of those enrolled are required to take at least one math course. Most — nearly 80 percent — never complete that requirement.

Oakley is among a growing number of educators who view intermediate algebra as an obstacle to students obtaining their credentials — particularly in fields that require no higher level math skills.

Now algebra is racist.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/19/538092649/say-goodbye-to-x-y-should-community-colleges-abolish-algebra

Algebra is one of the biggest hurdles to getting a high school or college degree — particularly for students of color and first-generation undergrads.

It is also the single most failed course in community colleges across the country. So if you're not a STEM major (science, technology, engineering, math), why even study algebra?

That's the argument Eloy Ortiz Oakley, chancellor of the California community college system, made today in an interview with NPR's Robert Siegel.

At American community colleges, 60 percent of those enrolled are required to take at least one math course. Most — nearly 80 percent — never complete that requirement.

Oakley is among a growing number of educators who view intermediate algebra as an obstacle to students obtaining their credentials — particularly in fields that require no higher level math skills.

Now algebra is racist.

Math should be a requirement for a social science degree as it is vital for their future employment. How else are they going to work out how much change to give back when the customer orders a burger and fries?

"Work done by women and other minorities have often been overlooked by their peers, hindering their professional advancement and depriving disciplines of diverse perspectives, she argued.

When citations are predominantly those of the work of white, straight males,"

Where are your citations who back up the claim that minorities are overlooked by their peers ;)

Now algebra is racist.

There was a female comedian who said she was learning algebra so when she went there she could speak the language.

Now algebra is racist.

Can't be, it was invented / developed by Muslims, the word itself was coined by Al-Kwarizmi in Baghdad!

Now algebra is racist.

Math should be a requirement for a social science degree as it is vital for their future employment. How else are they going to work out how much change to give back when the customer orders a burger and fries?

The register tells them what to give back, just like asking them to read the time on a dial watch/clock. :unsure:

I always get a kick out of handing them an odd amount of cash because I'd rather get a five back instead of a few ones and they stare at it for a few seconds while their brain locks and then they punch it in the register and you see the light bulb go off when it tells them the change. God help us.

I always get a kick out of handing them an odd amount of cash because I'd rather get a five back instead of a few ones and they stare at it for a few seconds while their brain locks and then they punch it in the register and you see the light bulb go off when it tells them the change. God help us.

Only a married guy prefers fives to ones.

Now algebra is racist.

Can't be, it was stolen by Muslims, the word itself was coined by Al-Kwarizmi in Baghdad!

FIFY. Much of what Euros attribute to Muslims can be traced back to India.

Worth pondering what India might have accomplished in STEM had they not been conquered by a drive-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road empire... ;)