Because, Nordic Countries

Yama

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5243531/Explosion-outside-Stockholm-metro-station.html

A man has died after he picked up a hand grenade outside a metro station in Stockholm.

The incident took place outside Varby Gard underground station in Huddinge, a southern district of the Swedish capital.

Witnesses say the device exploded as soon as the 60-year-old grabbed hold of it.

Paramedics took him to hospital, but he did not recover, and died earlier this afternoon.

A woman, 45, suffered serious facial injuries in the explosion and is currently receiving treatment.

Local media in Sweden have reported that the blast was from a hand grenade although this has not been confirmed by police, who claim it is too early to comment.

Officials say the blast is not believed to be terror-related.

And that sounds a bizarre claim, except when you see how many times this has happened. Even more strangely, rarely is anyone killed, or anyone arrested for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

Oh, ex-Yugo weapons and ordnance are around. If a hand grenade goes up in recreative use anywhere in Europe, you can almost count on it being from the Balkans, and that happens quite a bit. If you read the "Because Germany" thread while I was posting wire reports some time back, there was one which exploded under an unoccupied car in Bremen one night, assumed to be a warning in the "violent milieu".

That said, I've always been in awe of the propensity of Scandinavian biker gangs and other organized crime types to use military weaponry including anti-tank in turf wars. It's like that segment of otherwise laid-back northern societies have delusions of being French.

A few weeks ago my father picked up an oval shaped object when he was walking his dog. It turned out to a hand grenade, old pineapple model. It was later removed by the army's UXO department. This is the Netherlands.

Edited by Daan

A few weeks ago my father picked up an oval shaped object when he was walking his dog. It turned out to a hand grenade, old pineapple model. It was later removed by the army's UXO department. This is the Netherlands.

This is a new one? Not one left over from WW2?

Oh, ex-Yugo weapons and ordnance are around. If a hand grenade goes up in recreative use anywhere in Europe, you can almost count on it being from the Balkans, and that happens quite a bit. If you read the "Because Germany" thread while I was posting wire reports some time back, there was one which exploded under an unoccupied car in Bremen one night, assumed to be a warning in the "violent milieu".

That said, I've always been in awe of the propensity of Scandinavian biker gangs and other organized crime types to use military weaponry including anti-tank in turf wars. It's like that segment of otherwise laid-back northern societies have delusions of being French.

Thats true, I had forgotten about those.

Do they have this problem in France or anywhere else in Europe? Im probably alarmingly anglocentric, but ive never heard of this as an issue before.

True, they have shown quite a knack for acquiring military hardware. Usually, as noted, by getting stuff originating in the 90s mess in the Balkans, but on occasion they even raided military supply bunkers in order to get small arms and grenades. That happened at least once in Denmark, before security was beefed up.

But, they seem to be generally terribly inefficient at actually using such weapons. I vividly remember the professional affront their antics produced among the officers and NCOs in the Danish army, when - in Oct 1996 - they barely proved able to kill two people when firing a Carl Gustav at the Hell's Angels clubhouse packed with 100 people during a party. The event was discussed and dissected much the following week during idle hours, while I attended a brigade exercise.

--

Soren

Thats true, I had forgotten about those.

Do they have this problem in France or anywhere else in Europe? Im probably alarmingly anglocentric, but ive never heard of this as an issue before.

I hasn't been a thing in Scandinavia either since 1994-97. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Nordic_Biker_War

It would take a lot of effort to spoil the concept :)

BRÅ has made a best effort with this script https://www.bra.se/bra-in-english/home/publications/archive/publications/2016-01-11-lethal-violence-in--sweden-1990-2014.html

It's better in the original Swedish edition https://www.bra.se/publikationer/arkiv/publikationer/2015-12-10-det-dodliga-valdet-i-sverige-1990-2014.html

Edited by glappkaeft

• 2 weeks later...

Since the sauce is infowars, can some Swedish user confirm?

A feminist mother in Sweden refused to report an Afghan refugee who was living in her house to authorities after he sexually abused her 12-year-old daughter.

The 45-year-old woman was working at a refugee center in Sölvesborg when she began having a sexual relationship with the refugee, who claimed to be 18-years-old.

When the migrant became an official refugee, he had to leave the center and so the woman allowed him to move into her family home.

Within a short period of time, the migrant began sexually abusing the woman’s 12-year-old daughter, kissing and hugging her before one incident in September 2017 when the Afghan put his hands inside the girl’s underwear and groped her vagina.

After the daughter told her mother what had happened, the 45-year-old refused to report the incident to authorities or even to ask the Afghan to leave the home, prompting the daughter to tell her father who then contacted the police.

During the subsequent trial, the woman explained that she did not take action against the refugee because she was “afraid that [he] would be sent back to Afghanistan.”

“I thought so much about him so he could stay with me,” she added.

The mother also told the victim’s older sisters not to reveal what had happened. Facebook posts were later uncovered showing that even months after the sexual assault on her daughter, the mother described the Afghan as “wonderful” and was attempting to help him find a new home

She was also reportedly a vehement supporter of the #MeToo movement against the sexual assault of women, but not presumably if those women are sexually assaulted by migrants.

The Afghan received just 100 hours of community service for the assault and will not be deported.

Although the refugee claimed to be 18 at the time of assault, the problem of migrants lying about their age to avoid harsher prison sentences has become notorious.

Also original in Swedish:

http://www.friatider.se/mamma-v-grade-anm-la-flyktingbarn-som-sexangrep-hennes-12-riga-dotter

EDIT:

Ano one more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5306279/amp/Mother-refused-report-Afghan-migrant-molesting-daughter.html

Edited by urbanoid

No idea about the veracity, but apropos of the current fake news discussion in the next thread over, if unsure about a source, there are some general steps to take. First: confirm it's actually legit.

Free Times is a Swedish-language immigration-critical online newspaper. [2] [....]

The magazine is owned by the Estonian company FT News Group OÜ, based in Tallinn, where its Internet servers are also located. [6] [7] Free Times, which lack Swedish certificate of publication, are published on the web only and are funded through subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. [...]

History

Free Times was founded in 2009 by its current editor-in-chief, Widar Nord. [8] It was originally described as a "online newspaper that deepens and monitors topics that get stuck in space in other Swedish presses" and published daily articles and blog posts with Wordpress as a technical platform. [9] [...]

The newspaper advocates a small state and has, among other things, turned against tax-funded profits in the welfare. [30] [not in the source] Free Times takes a critical attitude to Swedish immigration policy and to the established media. [31] [32] In foreign affairs, the newspaper has held a non-interventionist line, including opposition to Swedish participation in international efforts in countries such as Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. [33] Free Times has criticized the Swedish authorities' handling of the Assange business and accused Swedish mass media of conducting a dirty campaign against Julian Assange. [34] [35]

Review Sweden

In February 2017, it was found that the newspaper's owner FT News Group OÜ also conducts what is referred to in the report as the "Trollfabriken" Review Sweden, where Fria Times editorial editor Widar Nord is the contact person. [36] The domain was registered by Jim Olsson who later transferred the domain to Free Times. [37] [...]

Criticism

Under the unrest in Ukraine 2014, Free Times released a major leader in which the Western media Reporting on police superpowers from Viktor Yanukovych's regime was dismissed as "political propaganda to get rid of a government that paves the way for the United States and the EU's power ambitions in the East." [44] From the Center for European Research at Lund University, Fritz Times was criticized by researcher Niklas Bernsand, who said that the newspaper "explicitly chose to support the Russian line" on the matter. [45]

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fria_Tider(via Google Translator)

Second: Back up Wiki information which anybody can edit with official data.

Company name: FT News Group OÜ

Company name:

History of company names:

Fria Tider OÜ;
PageK OÜ

Address:

Narva mnt 5, 10117, Tallinn linn, Harju maakond, Republic of Estonia

Legal form:

Limited liability company ( Limited liability company )

Legal status:

Entered into the register

Date of registration:

Date of deletion:

Registration code:

VAT code:

EE101654753

Member of the management board

Widar Mikael Nord

850205-3336

Not specified

Active

https://www.infoproff.com/en/companies/search/EST2351423/12516080/FT%2BNEWS%2BGROUP%2BO%25C3%259C

Third, look around what else the owner(s) got going.

Widar Mikael Nord

Male, 32 years, born 5 February 1985, from CZECH REPUBLIC

Address:
Vinohradská 164
130 00, PRAG
CZ TJECKIEN
Current corporate involvement
NORD, WIDAR, Holder
FTNG Economy Command Company, Commitment Owner, Procurator
VIZI Sverige AB, Board member, Vice President

https://www.solidinfo.se/person/Widar_Mikael_Nord/052b381402ab04c196aedbc303e3eb40

According to this he registered a one-man business as a "media consultant in advanced web technology and internet marketing" in his name in 2006 which was active until 2009. At the same time he was also vice president of a stock company that went bankrupt in 2012. He is currently registered with a Prague address and being the procurator of a limited partnership (Kommandit) business dealing in computer consulting and programming, data handling and storage, registered in 2008 in Vallentuna, Sweden, for which the only partner is the aforementioned Tallinn-based FT News Group.

So we have a Swedish guy living in Prague running a Tallinn-based anti-immigration, pro-Assange, pro-Russian online newspaper. Obviously a dead credible source.