New Toys

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say i do like the 1920`sesque tripod and modifications added to the Normandie, Lyon look perhaps abit "topheavy" with the updated bridge but it might just be the angle of the picture...but damn, check the secondaries!! :o :wub:

All the older French battleships looked terribly top heavy from the get go, esp. the tumblehomes... And even Dunkerques and Richelieus had a pretty big superstructure. Good thing we do not include metacentric height in game :D

Have to say i do like the 1920`sesque tripod and modifications added to the Normandie, Lyon look perhaps abit "topheavy" with the updated bridge but it might just be the angle of the picture...but damn, check the secondaries!! :o :wub:

All the older French battleships looked terribly top heavy from the get go, esp. the tumblehomes... And even Dunkerques and Richelieus had a pretty big superstructure. Good thing we do not include metacentric height in game :D

Yes, but the Lyon looks like it is ready to go "Dive!Dive!Dive!" and then plunge forward. It might just be the rather stubby nature of the bow that gives this impression. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Smolensk and Colbert are live.

Imagine a Minotaur on speed with HE. Insane and even more fun to play against than than the stupidly overpowered "DDs" Harugumo and Kitekaze.

The progressive AA reinforcement is better.

Edited by DB

• 5 months later...

A problem with Thunderer is that it needs a different captain than all of the other UK BBs, so it's not quite ideal as a Premium captain trainer.

(I feel it needs Expert Loader, which is worthless for all the others, which should just have the AP removed for all the use it is.)

But yes, if you get it right, things you hit stay hit.

• 2 weeks later...