New Toys

Any idea when we might see another Royal Navy destroyer? The Campbeltown is pretty limited. An A-I leader or one of the late war Ca or Cr class war emergency DD's would make a good mid tier premium to hold us over till the full RN destroyer line is released.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Orion upgrade will move the foremast... AFAIK placing the mast behind the first smokestack did not really work that well once ship was underway ;)

Then again the mainmast top on Dreadnought and Bellerophons also had to be pretty bad place to be :)

Dreadnought was attached to a group of destroyers at Dover for this reason I gather. The smoke interfered with observation from the mast, all the other Dreadnoughts supposedly could operate in the line of battle because they didnt have this issue.

Something I picked up from the Distant Guns -Jutland forums, ive no idea if its true or not.

You have plenty of historically significant ships in the G and H classes. Glowworm would probably have to be a tier higher though, what with her quintuple tubes... And moreover Gallant took part in the Operation Dynamo :)

Was that a hint that the release of Gallant is tied in with the upcoming release of the movie Dunkirk???

What tier are they looking at for Gallant, V or VI?

And the award for the "Strangest WI Modernisation" goes too .... HMS Iron Duke for putting 4" DP guns and a ton of Pom-Poms on her, while retaining the 6" guns mounted in the forward lower hull. :)

Though in terms of total strangeness ... Graf Zeppelin? That thing would have been horrible IRL. Did WG redesign, modernize and rebuilt it? ;)

You have plenty of historically significant ships in the G and H classes. Glowworm would probably have to be a tier higher though, what with her quintuple tubes... And moreover Gallant took part in the Operation Dynamo :)

Was that a hint that the release of Gallant is tied in with the upcoming release of the movie Dunkirk???

What tier are they looking at for Gallant, V or VI?

She was tested and hinted as VI :)

And the award for the "Strangest WI Modernisation" goes too .... HMS Iron Duke for putting 4" DP guns and a ton of Pom-Poms on her, while retaining the 6" guns mounted in the forward lower hull. :)

Though in terms of total strangeness ... Graf Zeppelin? That thing would have been horrible IRL. Did WG redesign, modernize and rebuilt it? ;)

Hey, happened to Warspite as well :) Plus that looks better than the weird flat mounts for 4" on Queen Elizabeth :)

As for GZ, do not forget we made work 15cm on Zerstorers, heck, we managed to make Duca d'Aosta's work with the high velocity shells and accurate enough ;)

Now that you mention it I noticed that Billy Ruffian has his in the central superstructure on the level of the upper(?) gundeck, so does Orion. Iron Duke has hers one deck below that? ... Wait, it was the Americans with the end and low mounted secondaries! *slapsforehead*

Edited by Markus Becker

The lower forward casemates on US dreadnoughts were also built on the same level as quarterdeck, that was not really the issue - but they were so far forward that the ywere directly exposed to waves in far milder sea states (let alone the aft casemates below quarterdeck).

Just found myself with a draw result, costing 3000 credits for servicing.

Looked at the results. Everyone scored 0 pioints, the game just threw us all out without getting our metaphorical feet wet.

• 2 months later...

I present to you the Pan Asian Cruiser Huang He! *feelfreetogoogle*

Pan Asian? At that time? ... Ok, that's 2017 marketing for you but what is she based on?

The bridge looks somewhat British, the turrets look like a Leander's but the stacks are all wrong. What is my "ship recognition-fu" missing? Or is she a work of fiction?