tanknet.org

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Hood have a percent-chance to be one-shot by a citadel when being hit by a Bismarck?

If they are going with the historically correct values, it should be 150%, at least.

She was due for a refit that would have fixed some of the plunging fire problems I gather. It would be nice if you had an upgrade that allowed you to 'fix' the problem, in return for sacrificing some speed.

Hmm. Almost got me tempted to download this, and ive successfully resisted up to now.

Does the Hood have a percent-chance to be one-shot by a citadel when being hit by a Bismarck?

If they are going with the historically correct values, it should be 150%, at least.

Or they do a cross-over with WoT and give her a "wet stowage magazine". ^_^

And introduce submarines, in the meanwhile, too :D

She was due for a refit that would have fixed some of the plunging fire problems I gather. It would be nice if you had an upgrade that allowed you to 'fix' the problem, in return for sacrificing some speed.

Hmm. Almost got me tempted to download this, and ive successfully resisted up to now.

Well plunging fire was not THE problem :) Incremental armor and expanding secondary magazines (and stuffing them with the UP rockets) most likely was...

• 1 month later...

I was expecting to see either a G3 or an N3 here - preferably both but ... Do you hear that? The sound of whining and bitching coming from the east? Could that be Yamato complaining someone else has "really big guns" too? ;)

PS: The Brits actually looked into that? In the 40s? Wow!

I was expecting to see either a G3 or an N3 here - preferably both but ... Do you hear that? The sound of whining and bitching coming from the east? Could that be Yamato complaining someone else has "really big guns" too? ;)

PS: The Brits actually looked into that? In the 40s? Wow!

In the 1920s actually. Designs L2 / L3 and K2/K3 were battleship and battlecruiser (respectively) with 4x2 (L2/K2) and 3x3 (L3/K3) 18" rifles. That then got turend into the weird monsters that were G3 and N3...

She is in the "what if built and upgraded" to fit the tier. The secondaries look probably taken from the Lion design. I mean it would be logical for RN to replace 8x2 6" LA with 8x2 5.25" HA. In any case something big bad was needed and having two Lions would have been boring... And G3 or N3 would play rather uncomfortably with the gun placement :)

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if the Orion upgrade will move the foremast... AFAIK placing the mast behind the first smokestack did not really work that well once ship was underway ;)

Then again the mainmast top on Dreadnought and Bellerophons also had to be pretty bad place to be :)