British Booze Unearthed

Markus Becker

“In fact, about 70% of the waste that was discarded in the refuse pit were liquor bottles. It seems that the soldiers took advantage of the respite given them to release the tension by frequently drinking alcohol.”

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Hundreds-of-liquor-bottles-belonging-to-British-Soldiers-from-WWI-unearthed-484859

70%? I guess we can conclude neither a Scotish, nor an Australian unit was stationed there. ^_^

And in other news bears frequently deficate in wooded areas and the pope has announced he practices catholism.

Seriously it must have been a very slow news day. When I was serving with the British army in Bosnia with the UN I became the junior ranks barman just for something to do. I worked out that I was serving 3.7 cans of Boddingtons per member of the unit per night on avarage. That was really good considering the standing orders were every man was allowed 2 cans per person per night. Which has proved to be the most broken rule in the history of the British army.

And in other news bears frequently deficate in wooded areas and the pope has announced he practices catholism.

Seriously it must have been a very slow news day. When I was serving with the British army in Bosnia with the UN I became the junior ranks barman just for something to do. I worked out that I was serving 3.7 cans of Boddingtons per member of the unit per night on avarage. That was really good considering the standing orders were every man was allowed 2 cans per person per night. Which has proved to be the most broken rule in the history of the British army.

Which brings to mind: