tanknet.org

Us Army Selects The Sig Sauer Offering As New Pistol (Xm17 Mhs)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glock...because you can buy them from other than Glock!

I got to shoot both a G19 and a compact P320 in the same session a while back; I found I liked the Sig better. Not bashing the Glock (that would be stupid), though. Just different feels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

USMC going with M18:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/15/the-marines-go-compact-usmc-begin-issuing-mhs-m18/

The Marines Go Compact – USMC Begin Issuing MHS M18

"The Modular Handgun System will be purchased to replace the legacy M9, M9A1, M45A1, and M007 pistols..."

Air Force, too:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/15/usaf-continued-security-forces-roll-out-of-the-m18-pistol/

' "...a DoD, non-developmental, COTS, full & open competition for a new DoD handgun to replace all M9s, M11s and Glock-19s in the inventory. The M17 and M18 are 9mm, lightweight, striker-fired semi-automatic pistols. USAF A4 has decided that the M18 will be the only version used." '

THIS is the variant I want.

Edited by shep854

danish army video:

just because. B)

interesting channel by the danish roya army btw

Yes it is. Are they the only major Army to adopt the M60E6 as its standard GPMG so far?

https://youtu.be/xZ16UmqKFh4

I thought this one was interesting too:

Four electromechanics and blacksmiths were annoyed by the fact that many aiming mounts had to be discarded due to wear and tear. With a borehole, a ball, a spring and a small screw, the mounts became new again. As a thank you, the four artisans from the Norwegian Armed Forces Main Workshop in Brødeskov got DKK 200,000 for sharing in efficiency enhancement premium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m9d13VDYUw

Just picked my civvie version up the other day (ignore the inquisitive feline).

mQNkeCsl.jpg

Congrats! I saw a few locally, was badly tempted, but Mr Budget said otherwise...

mQNkeCsl.jpg

Dawes, you are either one of the wealthiest people I know, or do an awful lot of trade-ins! :)

I've seen P320-M17 pistols in my area for around $650US, which isn't bad for a new pistol. I expect a P320-M18 pistol to be in the same price range.

There is a limited-run commemorative M17 with military markings and accessories for well over $1000US, but that's for the collector market.

Shep, $650 seems to be the standard price every place I've looked. I read that SIG has some sort of policy about pricing on these pistols that keeps the cost uniform. I also applied for the current promotion on the M17, which is two free 21-round mags if the gun is bought before the end of May. Takes forever to receive them, though.

mQNkeCsl.jpg

Dawes, you are either one of the wealthiest people I know, or do an awful lot of trade-ins! :)

d1yqpz1-402c3e86-865c-401a-9ad5-1f8bc78b

mQNkeCsl.jpg

d1yqpz1-402c3e86-865c-401a-9ad5-1f8bc78b

That lot must be worth a mind-boggling amount of money.