Currywurst And Spezi

Murph

They do eat curryworst. Not sure why you would take a perfectly fine wurst and spoil it with curry, but that's Germany for you. I mean... What's wrong with bratwurst, weisswurst or any other type of wurst?

As for Spezi... When I was in St. Pete with my German colleague, he was ordering Fanta and Cola mixed all the time, to the horrified fascination of waiters.

I never cared for currywurst, but I did like Spezi. You can mix Fanta and Coke but it just doesn't taste as good here in the US. One or both are formulated differently here. I do buy curry ketchup from the local German Deli once in a while, I mix it my favorite bbq sauce and use it to top meatloaf when I make it.

I like curry ketchup on my eggs once or twice a week. Just pan fry two fresh eggs (from a guy at client who has 60 chickens), and then a few drops.

Also interesting was vineyard workers I saw this summer doing Fanta and beer (no prob, have had that), then spezis, but then spezi with beer. I guess they need their blood sugar up after a long day outdoors.

I was so excited when a burger place somewot near the office had currywurst in their menu. So we all ordered food, mine was currywurst.

I was a disappoint as it didn't look like anything in the pix on the interwebz.

And it didn't taste anything like curry at all. No hint of such.

I like curry ketchup on my eggs once or twice a week. Just pan fry two fresh eggs (from a guy at client who has 60 chickens), and then a few drops.

Also interesting was vineyard workers I saw this summer doing Fanta and beer (no prob, have had that), then spezis, but then spezi with beer. I guess they need their blood sugar up after a long day outdoors.

Fanta and beer is sort of a Radler, sort of....

/R

Fanta and beer is sort of a Radler, sort of....

/R

Yeah. Radlers are becoming increasing popular and common here in Murrica, particularly in the South where it's hottr than two rats @#$%ing a wool sock for 13 months of summer.

http://www.postandcourier.com/food/radler-suddenly-the-rage-in-charleston/article_5c5fdf73-336b-5474-a7fe-9f4300907aa4.html

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the foods I ate in Germany, the two that I want the most right now are Currywurst and a Spezi. Does anyone in Germany still eat Currywurst or is anti-Islamic and banned?

Second-generation Muslims quite often start drinking beer and eating pork (usually in the form of Wurst) in Germany. So hah, fat chance ^_^