Don't Go Being Politically Insane You Climate Change Skeptics

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Civilization Progressive Advances. the future is so dark i don't need to wear shades...

(...)

Cutting off e-vehicle battery chargers and industry

To deal with the power grid problems, Germany’s Economics Minister Peter Altmaier presented a draft law that would allow electric utilities “to temporarily cut off charging power for e-cars when there is once again too little electricity available”, an idea known as “peak smoothing”.

“Shutdowns due to power shortages have been practiced for some time. Aluminum smelters, for example, have to put up with having their power cut off for limited periods of time,” reports Tichys Einblick. “These, like refrigerated storage facilities, consume great amounts. It’s a dangerous game because after three hours the molten metal has solidified and the factory is ruined.”

Situation now “too critical”

The situation in the German power grid has deteriorated so much that Tichys Einblick also comments: “The situation in the power grids has become too critical. The only thing that helps are abstruse ideas like: ‘You are not allowed to refuel your car from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day!’”

A law that would allow for “peak smoothing” has been demanded by power utilities for some time now as they struggle to keep the increasingly wind and solar powered grid from careening out of control and into blackness. In other words: targeted blackouts.

And as Tichy Einblick mentions, the increasing number of cars on the market will only serve to cause more extreme power demand peaks. Currently Germany is set to make a major push into electric mobility this year.

No electricity for up to 2 hours a day

In the proposed draft law, which has since been recalled because it was deemed so embarrassing, it was written that “controllable consumption facilities” would be able to receive no electricity for up to two hours per day if there was a threat of overloading the grid.

“This includes charging stations for e-cars as well as heat pumps, which can already be temporarily disconnected from the power supply,” reports Tichy.

(...)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/01/19/germany-weighs-electricity-rationing-scheme-to-stabilize-its-now-shaky-green-power-grid/

I don't want to belittle the problem. At the same time it has to be said that the German power grid up to this point is one of the most stablest in the world, and the "blackouts" aren't black (because the goal is to keep all appliances running) but targeted to specific devices, like car loading stations right after rush hour. You still have all night to charge your Tesla. And all day. Also, to the best of my knowledge so far no Aluminum factory in Germany was ruined because the molten product solidified.

Nothing technically wrong with temporally disconnecting non-critical loads. It is a way to improve the reliability of the network, easily curbing dangerous transients.

See here, for instance.

The Government first giveth, and then taketh away?

First the subsidies for ecars, now cutting off the loading stations (albeit temporarily)?

Bring back coal and atomic power, I say. 🤗

--

Leo

14 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I don't want to belittle the problem. At the same time it has to be said that the German power grid up to this point is one of the most stablest in the world, and the "blackouts" aren't black (because the goal is to keep all appliances running) but targeted to specific devices, like car loading stations right after rush hour. You still have all night to charge your Tesla. And all day. Also, to the best of my knowledge so far no Aluminum factory in Germany was ruined because the molten product solidified.

It is at least an attack on productivity and prosperity. Entropy increases.

Edited by lucklucky

Wait, Lehey is presiding? Who do they think they're impeaching? If it's the president then it's the Chief Justice. If it's NOT the president, then....what's the grounds for impeachment? You can't impeach a private citizen.

I smell a SCOTUS case in the works.

China is apparently producing 29% of the world's fossil fuel CO2 emissions, the US 15%, EU 10%, India 7%, Russia 5%.

If Democrats truly want to Save The Earth, why are they content with moving manufacturing to China? Its almost as if they know that global warming climate change is politics rather than science, and that the climate change hysteria is intended to reduce western wealth rather than actual carbon emissions.

1 hour ago, Ivanhoe said:

China is apparently producing 29% of the world's fossil fuel CO2 emissions, the US 15%, EU 10%, India 7%, Russia 5%.

If Democrats truly want to Save The Earth, why are they content with moving manufacturing to China? Its almost as if they know that global warming climate change is politics rather than science, and that the climate change hysteria is intended to reduce western wealth rather than actual carbon emissions.

Why do gay couple target Christian owned bakeries and not Islamic ones (who frankly make far better pastries anyway!)?  You go after the demonized demographic who will not fight back and not against the powerful one who will make you regret it.  I suspect there's a dollop of racism in there as well.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:59 AM, nitflegal said:

Why do gay couple target Christian owned bakeries and not Islamic ones (who frankly make far better pastries anyway!)?  You go after the demonized demographic who will not fight back and not against the powerful one who will make you regret it.  I suspect there's a dollop of racism in there as well.

Because harassing Christians will not result in your head being chopped off.

Besides, to the progressive left, anyone with values incompatible with western values is to be admired

12 hours ago, Mikel2 said:Besides, to the progressive left, anyone with values incompatible with western values is to be admired

Give this man a cigar. Target, cease fire.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:35 AM, Mikel2 said:

Because harassing Christians will not result in your head being chopped off.

Besides, to the progressive left, anyone with values incompatible with western values is to be admired

Aren't Serbs nominally Christian? 

And google has remove kebab marked as age restricted...

Edited by rmgill
1 hour ago, JWB said:

So much for the green economy:

If it needs lithium it is not green, it is dirtiest of the dirty. :)

I'm putting my hope on iron-sulfide batteries. Clearly, as demand exceeds Lithium supply, other solutions will be found/become economically viable. Simply extrapolating the trend of more and more lithium extraction doesn't give us a realistic picture of the future.

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I'm putting my hope on iron-sulfide batteries. Clearly, as demand exceeds Lithium supply, other solutions will be found/become economically viable. Simply extrapolating the trend of more and more lithium extraction doesn't give us a realistic picture of the future.

Sometimes there are no solution to a problem for a long time.