A New Book On The M4 Sherman. Ugh

nitflegal

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Battle Boxes". M113 Trash Bin Lifts for 2nd-storey assaults on buildings. I could go on and on. The dude was spreading his particular brand of rich, bovine-produced fertilizer back in the Days of Yore on USENET, specifically on sci.military.moderated. Or if not he was enough of a pest that people there knew about him and mentioned him frequently enough that the name association with the forum has stuck in my head from 1989 until now.

Edited by TOW-2

He doesn't think to much of you all. ;)

Michael "Mike" Sparks is a well-known, published U.S. military NCO, officer and author dating back to the early 1980s with many works online; however there are some liars and criminal libelers who refuse to face this preponderance of FACTS in their reckless disregard for the truth. Below are pictures of 2LT/1LT Sparks in the service.

He reminds of a Hungarian lawyer who posts on WW2 aviation game forums. He got banned from Wiki because of his revisionist history.

Michael "Mike" Sparks is a well-known, published U.S. military NCO, officer and author dating back to the early 1980s with many works online; however there are some liars and criminal libelers who refuse to face this preponderance of FACTS in their reckless disregard for the truth. Below are pictures of 2LT/1LT Sparks in the service.

He reminds of a Hungarian lawyer who posts on WW2 aviation game forums. He got banned from Wiki because of his revisionist history.

Barbarossa? I quit arguing with him 15 years ago. I take it he's still at it.

Barbarossa? I quit arguing with him 15 years ago. I take it he's still at it.

Oh yes. Goes by Kurfurst now. When he was Barbarrosa Isegrim it got shortened to Barbi. Has his own web site on the Bf109 with a restricted forum (you can guess why it is restricted).

Ah, I remember him going ballistic on Axis History Board (IIRC) when a local historian posted Bf-109g6 vs P-47D comparison...

The one thing I have yet to figure out conclusively is whether or not Mike Sparks is Blacktail Defense or if they just suffer from similar delusions.

The one thing I have yet to figure out conclusively is whether or not Mike Sparks is Blacktail Defense or if they just suffer from similar delusions.

I would be shocked if Blacktail Defense wasn't a Sparks Sock.

Blacktail Defense is Sparky, the guy is obviously ill on his mind so multiple alter ego's and personalities would not be something abnormal for this abnormal being. :P

..... He also thinks the M113 is the ultimate combat vehicle up to and including being able to fly and shoot down dedicated air superiority aircraft. ........ Well, clearly M113s would have shrugged off the RPG rounds that destroyed those two vehicles so therefore once again the M113 should've been used.

Waaaait, are you talking about the M113 "I've got paper thin aluminum hull" M113?

Or the soooper-sekrit® UBARM113 developed with unobtanium armor and a de-mountable pintle 155mm lazzorscannon?

Because that's what this sounds like.

It is comforting to thing that Blacktail Defence and others are sockpuppets of sparky. The alternative - that there is more of them - is disturbing as it increases danger of it breeding :o

Don't worry about Blacktail Defense breeding. From what I can tell based on his Deviant Art.com page, he is not actually into human women.

It is comforting to thing that Blacktail Defence and others are sockpuppets of sparky. The alternative - that there is more of them - is disturbing as it increases danger of it breeding :o

Don't worry about Blacktail Defense breeding. From what I can tell based on his Deviant Art.com page, he is not actually into human women.

Ohh are you KIDDING ME? Sparks is a Furry?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

..... He also thinks the M113 is the ultimate combat vehicle up to and including being able to fly and shoot down dedicated air superiority aircraft. ........ Well, clearly M113s would have shrugged off the RPG rounds that destroyed those two vehicles so therefore once again the M113 should've been used.

Waaaait, are you talking about the M113 "I've got paper thin aluminum hull" M113?

Or the soooper-sekrit® UBARM113 developed with unobtanium armor and a de-mountable pintle 155mm lazzorscannon?

Because that's what this sounds like.

See, that's the thing with him and M113's. On the one hand he thinks they're amphibious, air-droppable and light enough that if you strap wings and an engine on it, it can act as a fighter plane (yes, for real, that's what he thinks, he even made a video with a little model and green-screen, it's hilarious)...but at the same time thinks that it can take enough applique' armor to shrug off main tank gun rounds...

To be fair he does not think they can be fighters. He thinks they can be transport planes that, with addition of Sidewinders, will be able to protect themselves from any fighter out there ;)

OH OH OK see that's completely different.

...much like the guy who thinks he's Superman and the guy who thinks he's Napoleon are different ;)

Do you have the link to his DvA page? (I inhabit that site also).

To be fair he does not think they can be fighters. He thinks they can be transport planes that, with addition of Sidewinders, will be able to protect themselves from any fighter out there ;)

OH OH OK see that's completely different.

...much like the guy who thinks he's Superman and the guy who thinks he's Napoleon are different ;)

Well, to be fair, the guy who thinks he is Napoleon is not likely to be as much of a danger to himself as the guy who thinks he is Superman.

Don't forget dynmicpara - another sock-puppet.

I think my favourite sparkyisms must be the gash dioramas he threw together, including the Iowa conversion with angled aviation decks aft. I think that there was also a seaplane one (reminiscent of the Tradewinds front loader, in fact)