The Information Warfare Thread

BansheeOne

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont have a constitution Adam. Or at least, not one that is written down on paper.

Fox News isnt British. Its an unholy abortion cooked up between Americans and an Australian. For my money, Rupert Murdoch has been the man most damaging to western Democracy since Oswald Mosley.

I really dont care what the definition Soviets applied to it.

It is your emotional position and you got full right to express it here (at least till we practice freedom of speech, I hope). You may even name USSR Evil Empire – you will be not the first one :) The problem is you have to choose between being emotional and pretending to be expert.

There is a very fine book, by William Taubman I think, on Nikita Khrushchev. Khrushchev went on a visit to the US, around the time he was lecturing the US how much better they could build colour TV's, and went on a tour of a US Car plant. Someone In Detroit probably. Whilst there he got in an argument with a Union leader, who basically tore a strip off Khrushchev and said 'Who ever gave you the authority to speak on behalf of the workers of the world'? Exactly.

Quite likely this worker was follower of Mao or Trotsky – both of them also challenged USSR leadership right to speak “on behalf of the workers of the world”.

Most of what ive read about Russia has been works by Russians. Clearly when they are translated into English they stop being relevant.

By Russian migrants to West and standing on pro-Western positions, I suppose :) It is very uneven sample – but Westerners fail to understand it (and as result fail to understand that, for example, Putin is closer to pro-Western liberal side of Russian political spectrum)

We dont have a constitution Adam. Or at least, not one that is written down on paper.

Hence the "Oh, wait..." part ;)

Fox News isnt British.

Yes, I know. It is the flagship of Freedom, Inc., and the lesser Advanced Western Democracies.

How is Oliver Cromwell's picture on the great family photo of English leaders these days?

It qute intresting to see some peopel and special Roman rhetoric need to fall back to whataboutism.

bojan:(about Russia/USSR) "Why destroy something that has a potential use?

Stuart: "So why airbrush photo's? Why remove important historical figures from feature films or history books?"

End up in Fox News are bad and West stop showing photo on not political acceptable peopel......

Edited by a77

Either some of these guys are true believers, like in the FFZ, or they are paid agitprop. Either way, no point whatsoever in my further wasting my time on them. Ive spent the past decade trying to lobby for some kind of accuracy and reality on this website, and nobody really seems to be interested anymore. They all want to live in a manufactured propaganda oriented world, and no matter why my efforts, logic, common sense and intelligent argument has made zero impact.

I stand by my basic point, if you dont a personal responsibility to correct mistruths, you are going to get a lot more of them. Perhaps Tanknetters prefer to live in the Matrix, I dont know.

It qute intresting to see some peopel and special Roman rhetoric need to fall back to whataboutism.

bojan:(about Russia/USSR) "Why destroy something that has a potential use?

Stuart: "So why airbrush photo's? Why remove important historical figures from feature films or history books?"

End up in Fox News are bad and West stop showing photo on not political acceptable peopel......

Just because if you don't want to live in a future Soviet Worldunion, you can't blatantly lie that the Evil do that, but we don't anymore, the main theme of Stuart.

Stalin sent a contract killer after somebody, and retouched him out of a photo.

Stuart says the West doesn't do that.

But Epstein got suicided and the Dear Leader was removed from a joint photo after Epstein fallen from love, hard.

Regarding paid agitprop, beware the people like Adam Geibel, XFiles, and Stuart, who wrote 70% of posts here (who knows how many got a mid-life counter reset) ...

Yes, because we are sad, have no lives and few interests other than freedom of speech,freedom from tyranny, and at its bold and most vibrantly important, truth basically. All the things my Grandfathers, Lord Bless 'em, fought for. There is no accounting what strange things anoraks will believe in.

I also believed in fighting for Tanknet, though with the burnt out wreck it now is from vital contributions from people such as your good self, I really have to wonder why I wasted my time trying to fight for it. Nobody else seems to give a fuck, why should I?

And no, I dont need anyone to pay me for my opinion, its always been free to Tanknets general annoyance. OTOH, if people want to make donations to my personal paypal, there is an Island in the Bahama's ive been saving up for. If lies are the currency of the future, you can go choke on them as far as im concerned.

I also believed in fighting for Tanknet, though with the burnt out wreck it now is from vital contributions from people such as your good self, I really have to wonder why I wasted my time trying to fight for it. Nobody else seems to give a fuck, why should I?

Stuart, for some reason you continue with “military” terms (“fighting for Tanknet”) to describe what is in fact just online discussions on interests webpage (unfortunately marginal, as tanks are quite rare hoppy). If you “fight” for it, what is your vision of victory?

I dont need approval Bojan, I never have and never will. And if I did, I would never bother you for it.

OTOH, it would be nice, once or twice, to hear an admission from Team Slav when I am right. Even a broke clock is right twice a day, and to hear you guys go on about The Cold War, Salisbury, Alexander Litvinenko, Ukraine,MH17, Georgia, and half a dozen other threads, im completely wrong, every last time, even when the facts subsequently bear me out such as with Salisbury and MH17. Never, ever right. Yes Bojan, contrary to your continual refrain, I can admit im sometimes wrong. I can even happily concede that I may usually be wrong. Always wrong? No.

Instead we get the continual, unending refrain on this thread and elsewhere throughout the site 'we did nothing wrong, we was set up, it was the lying CNN/CIA/MI6/Porton Down/Ukrainians'. Woe betide me to point out when the lies dont join up, that it doesnt make any sense, that a source isnt reliable, thats it 57 entirely different theories that dont agree with each other, that there are photographs pointing to a contrary position that is more likely. No, Russia, unendingly, is the one that has been put in the frame by me, and the apparent troll network you believe Bellingcat to be.

So rather than keep pointing the finger at my conduct, go look in a mirror guys and reflect on the past 10 years of agitprop you have been conducting or endorsing. I dont honestly think you even notice what you are doing anymore.

Im done with arguing with you all. You want to drown yourself in Kremlin sponsored crap, go right to it. You deserve it.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

So rather than keep pointing the finger at my conduct, go look in a mirror guys and reflect on the past 10 years of agitprop you have been conducting or endorsing....

Ah, it is always other, never you, the bastion of The Truth.

Trump confirms cyberattack on Russian trolls to deter them during 2018 midterms

President Trump has acknowledged in an interview with a Washington Post columnist that he ordered a clandestine military cyberstrike against Russian trolls in 2018 to disrupt their Internet access during the midterm elections.

Asked by columnist Marc Thiessen whether he had authorized the operation, Trump said “Correct,” according to a piece posted Friday. Until now, neither the White House nor the Pentagon had publicly confirmed the operation, which had been classified.

Trump sought to frame his action as an example of being more aggressive than his predecessor in countering the Kremlin. President Barack Obama, he said, “knew before the [2016] election that Russia was playing around. Or he was told. Whether or not it was so or not, who knows? And he said nothing.”

In fact, the Obama administration publicly called out Moscow in October 2016 for its hacking of Democratic computers, and Obama directly raised the matter with Russian President Vladimir Putin. In December of that year, Obama imposed sanctions on Russia over its interference in the presidential election. The Washington Post last year reported on the U.S. Cyber Command operation against the Internet Research Agency in St. Petersburg, a company underwritten by an oligarch close to Putin. IRA trolls were active during the 2016 campaign, posing as Americans to post material online in an effort to stoke conflict by exploiting racial and other societal tensions. The operation was part of the first offensive cyber-campaign against Russia designed to thwart attempts to interfere with a U.S. election, officials told The Post. It marked the first use by Cybercom of new authorities granted by Trump and Congress in 2018 to bolster offensive capabilities.

The attack began on Election Day and lasted several days, preventing the Russians from mounting a disinformation campaign that cast doubt on the election results, officials said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-confirms-cyberattack-on-russian-trolls-to-deter-them-during-2018-midterms/2020/07/11/66a845e8-c2c3-11ea-b178-bb7b05b94af1_story.html#comments-wrapper

So rather than keep pointing the finger at my conduct, go look in a mirror guys and reflect on the past 10 years of agitprop you have been conducting or endorsing....

Ah, it is always other, never you, the bastion of The Truth.

Hogwash, Bojan, and you know it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Australian PM Scott Morrison blasts China over 'repugnant' doctored image shared by Foreign Ministry (msn.com)

Scott Morrison, Australia's Prime Minister, has demanded an apology from Beijing after China's Foreign Ministry shared a doctored image depicting an Australian soldier cutting the throat of an Afghan child.

Describing the image shared on social media as “truly offensive” and "repugnant”, Mr Morrison urged China to delete the tweet. 

“The Chinese government should be totally ashamed of this post. It diminishes them in the world's eyes… It is an absolutely outrageous and disgusting slur," he said.

"Australia is seeking an apology from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and we are seeking it be removed from Twitter.”

China’s Foreign Ministry had earlier posted the doctored image, showing the child with its face covered by the Australian flag and holding a lamb as what appears to be a special forces soldier holds a knife to their throat.

“Don't be afraid we are coming to bring you peace,” the caption states.

Cue Australia spamming as many copies as they can of the 'Tankman' photo, before their keyboards wear out.

9 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Australian PM Scott Morrison blasts China over 'repugnant' doctored image shared by Foreign Ministry (msn.com)

“The Chinese government should be totally ashamed of this post. It diminishes them in the world's eyes… It is an absolutely outrageous and disgusting slur," he said.

"Australia is seeking an apology from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and we are seeking it be removed from Twitter.”

Well, https://sputniknews.com/asia/201806141065401017-australian-military-nazi-flag/

https://www.euronews.com/2018/06/14/australian-soldiers-fly-nazi-swastika-flag-in-afghanistan

Report into alleged war crimes by Australians in Afghanistan to show extent of illegal violence - ABC News

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Yes, I just love how you completely failed to point out that Pack was a Trump appointee from September last year.

Let me remind you President Trump was, and still is, legitimate US President. Some of our US members even believe he is sort of God-given President. 

9 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Let me remind you President Trump was, and still is, legitimate US President. Some of our US members even believe he is sort of God-given President. 

Are you familiar with the Latin saying "Vox populi, vox Dei", Roman? It could be understood as the moral foundation of a democratic form of government.

Edited by sunday