Modern Infantry Co Toe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Capt. It was on Tony Williams' site though. :)

I just watched a demo of current Swedish infantry weapons, including the MBT-LAW/NLAW and noticed that the squad involved were otherwise armed with AK4B (G3A3 with open sights removed and G36 like optical sight and handle added). One had a carbine - possibly a C8 with an ELCAN sight - and was wearing a different uniform. The AK4B rifles however, did not have the carry handle and were fitted with an optical sight I didn't immediately recognise. Has Sweden gone back to the G3 and away from the FNC (AK5)? I thought I read somewhere that regular units intended to defend urban areas were keeping them,in addition to their Home Guard. My guess is they rounded up a squad of Home Guardsmen from workers at the factory and got permission to let them use their weapons in the demo. That doesn't explain the guy with the AR though. Strange. Also of interest - FN MAG firing non disintegrating link belt.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=166

This one appears to have an Aimpoint Comp M4S on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAEgaANc4dw.

Also this one appears to be an Aimpoint of sorts, but on an odd mount.

http://www.tacticalcreek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/hk-g3a3.jpg

So what is the sight on the rifles in the first video?

I knew you would come up with the goods Simon. Aimpoint CS as you state above, The battery apparently is replaceable, but at the factory, or importer (Midway USA will do it).

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/119389/aimpoint-cs-red-dot-sight-26mm-tube-1x-2-moa-dot-with-integrated-picatinny-style-mount-matte

http://imgur.com/a/YBT7t

• 3 weeks later...

Found evolution of the local infantry Cos...

First organization was from 1945:

10 men section, 2 x SMG, 7 x rifle, 1 x LMG

Plt has HQ (3 men) and 3 x rifle section

Co has HQ (6 men, including one sniper), support section with 2 x machinegun and 2 x AT weapon and 3 x rifle platoons.

Alpine company did not have support section, but it had two snipers.

This one was abandoned by late '40/early '50s totally.

1947 org went back to pre-WW2 4-sections platoon. It also introduced support platoon in Co

10 men section, 2 x SMG, 7 x rifle, 1 x LMG

Plt has HQ (3-men), 3 x rifle section and 10-men MG section (3 x machinegun)

Co has 6-men HQ (including one sniper), 3 x rifle platoon and a support platoon with AT section (4 AT weapons) and mortar section (2 x 81/82mm mortars)

Light infantry org is same, except they had 3 x 60mm mortars instead of 2 x 81mm

Alpine units were same as light infantry. Some alpine units also got RCL section (two RCLs, 11 men total) in support platoon since mid-late '50s.

This org was only used until mid-50s for line infantry units, but remained actual for light and alpine units (with exceptions that squads switched to 5 x SMG + 4 x rifle + 1 x LMG in mid-50s) until mid-late '70s

1952/53 org:

10 men section, 5 x SMG, 4 x rifle, 1 x LMG. Squad leader had SMG, 4 soldiers had SMGs and together formed assault part of the section. LMG gunner assistant had rifle, one soldier was was a dedicated grenadier with rifle and rifle-grenade attachment, two soldiers were designated as "sharpshooters". Sometimes in one squad per platoon one of the sharpshooters (usually best one in platoon) would have scoped rifle (M98/48 with ZF-41 low magnification optic). This was rare and generally reserved for "A" readiness units.

Plt is HQ (3-men) + 3 x rifle section + support section (2 x AT weapon and 2 x machinegun).

Co has HQ (6-men, including a single sniper), 3 x rifle platoon and support platoon (9 men AT section with 4 x AT weapon, 10 men MG section with 3 x machinegun, 11 men RCL section with 2 x RCL and 9 men mortar section with 2 x 81/82mm mortars)

Light Co had LMGs in Plt support sections, and only had mortar section (10 men, 3 x 60mm) in support plt

Motorized units had two 81mm mortar sections instead of one.

No alpine unit used this org.

It was used with minor variances until mid-late 70s, and until late '80s in reserve units.

1971 org

8 men section, 5 x rifle (М70), 2 x SAW (M72), 1 x DMR (M76)

Plt is 3 men HQ + 3 x rifle section + support section (9 men, 4 x AT weapons or 10 men, 3 x machinegun)

Co has HQ (7 men, including 2 x sniper), 3 x rifle platoon and support platoon ( 2 x 9 men AT section with 4 x AT weapon or 2 x 10 men MG section with 3 x machinegun, 11 men RCL section with 2 x RCL and 1 or 2 x 9 men mortar section with 2 x 81/82mm mortars)

Light infantry and alpine units had only one 10-men mortar section (3 x 60mm) and 9-men AT section in support platoon and never had AT weapons in Plt support sections

This org with minor modifications stayed until dissolution of Yugoslavia

1992. org - replaced one SAW with LMG (M84) in rifle sections.

Edited by bojan

Yes, AT-12T.

In the early 80's they had a munition called FFV 597:

132 mm calibre

9.5 kg complete round

8 kg warhead muzzle loaded into Carl Gustaf

1.5 kg propellant unit breech loaded

long probe fuze

mv = 115 m/s

max velocity = 310 m/s

effective range claimed: 300 m

penetration claimed 900 mm

(all figures from jane's Infantry Weapons 86/87)

Even with packaging this is still cheaper (and much more powerful assuming equal shaped charge technology) than a PzF 3-IT if there's a M3 Carl Gustaf in the small unit anyway. It's just not of much use for reinforcing the unit with many anti-MBT munitions (for comparison, you could give every squad 4 Panzerfaust3 ready to fire as munitions).

Guard's company

1945 org:

10-men sections, either 9 x SMG + 1 x LMG or 7 x rifle + 2 x SMG + 1 x LMG

Plt has HQ (3-men, all with SMG), 3 x SMG or rifle section

Co has 6-men HQ (one sniper included), 3 x SMG or rifle plt and support section (2 x machinegun and 2 x AT weapon)

1947 org:

10-men section, either 9 x SMG + 1 x LMG or 7 x rifle + 2 x SMG + 1 x LMG

Plt has HQ (3-men, all with SMG), 2 x SMG or rifle section and 10-men support section (3 x machinegun)

Co has 6-men HQ (one sniper included), 3 x SMG or rifle plt and support platoon with 9-men AT section (4 x AT weapon) and 9-men mortar section (2 x 81/82mm mortars).

1952 org

10-men section, either 8 x SMG + 1 x rifle (for firing RGs) + 1 x LMG or 7 x rifle + 2 x SMG + 1 x LMG

Plt has HQ (3-men, all with SMG), 2 x SMG or rifle section and 11-men support section (2 x machinegun and 2 x AT weapon)

Co has 6-men HQ (one sniper included), 2 x SMG or rifle plt and support platoon with 9-men AT section (4 x AT weapon), 9-men mortar section (2 x 81/82mm mortars), 10 men machinegun section (3 x MG) and 11-men RCL section (2 x RCL)

1971 org

8-men section, 5 x AR, 2 x SAW, 1 x DMR

Plt has HQ, 2 x rifle section and 10-men support section (3 x machinegun)

Co has 6-men HQ (one sniper included), 2 x rifle plt and support platoon with 9-men AT section (4 x AT weapon), 9-men mortar section (2 x 81/82mm mortars), 10 men machinegun section (3 x MG) and 11-men RCL section (2 x RCL)

1992 org - one SAW changed for LMG in rifle sections
Edited by bojan

• 3 months later...

Hi Bojan,

Was AGS-17 available to Yugoslavs/Serbs before M93 entered service in late 1990s? As AGLs sections replaced recoilless guns sections, and those were withdrawn already starting in 2002, I guess they had certain number of AGS already under hand. (I also guess early anticipation of "Bumbar" ATGM introduction took important part in that decision too)

Also, is there anything similar on Soviet mid-to-late Cold war squads possibly? Not exactly modern, but I noticed most Western sources are based on outdated reports, so at least some links would be helpful.

JNA trialed both AGS-17 and Mk19 and was not fully satisfied with either. First AG-17 were acquired in early '80s, and armed river patrol boats and landing crafts in single turret mounts. There was no infantry version.

M93 were first issued in 1997-98. When unit got AGLs they removed RCL section.

Edited by bojan

• 2 weeks later...

Little history.

SHS/Yugoslavia infantry co:

1922 org:

Commander (Captain I class), horse, pistol with one reserve mag

Admin and Support section - 12 men including Discipline NCO (Sergeant, pistol + reserve mag), 2 x corpsman, 4 x stretcher bearer, 2 runners (rifle + 60 rounds), 2 x ammo bearers (rifle + 60rounds)

4 x Platoon, each:

- Command - Lieutenant, Sargent 1st class (pistol + reserve mag)

- 3 x Rifle Section, each 12 men, lead by corporal (rifle + 90 rounds), 10 x rifleman (rifle + 90 rounds), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment - 90 rounds and 16 grenades)

- 1 x LMG Section, 11 men, led by Sergeant 2nd Class (rifle with 90 rounds), 2 x LMG (Chauchat M.15, 900 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 4 assistant LMG gunners (rifle with 90 rounds, pistol wih reserve mag), 4 x rifleman (rifle with 90 rounds)

Total weapons (w/o Admin and Support section) - 8 xLMG (900 rounds each), 168 x rifle (90 rounds each), 12 x rifle-grenade launcher (16 grenades each), 21 x pistol (2 mags each)

1936 org:

Admin and Support section - 12 men including Discipline NCO (Sergeant, pistol + reserve mag), 2 x corpsman, 4 x stretcher bearer, 2 runners (rifle + 60 rounds), 2 x ammo bearers (rifle + 60rounds)
4 x Platoon, each:
- 1 x Rifle Section, 12 men, lead by corporal (rifle + 90 rounds), 10 x rifleman (rifle + 90 rounds), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment - 90 rounds and 16 grenades)
- 3 x LMG Section, 11 men, led by Sergeant 2nd Class (rifle with 90 rounds), 1 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 2 x assistant LMG gunners (rifle with 90 rounds, pistol wih reserve mag), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment, 90 rounds + 16 grenades), 5 x rifleman (rifle with 90 rounds)

Total weapons (w/o Admin and Support section) - 12 x LMG (900 rounds each), 152 x rifle (90 rounds each), 16 x rifle-grenade launcher (90 rounds and 16 grenades each), 41 pistols (2 mags each)

*LMGs - 7.92mm Chauchat M.15/26, changed to ZB-26 in early 1930s, by late 1937 all Chauchats were moved to reserve. In early 1938 (between January and April) all ZB-26 were removed from units and replaced by M.37J (ZB-30). They were returned to Czech and replaced for ZB-30s.

This was clearly WW1 org, it was improved in early 1930s with additional LMGs, LMGs distributed to sections, but that org was only standardized in 1936. This is an org that most units were organized in April 1941.

1940 org - after WW1 started and looking at the lessons of fighting in Poland (and lesser degree Spanish Civil War) doctrine was changed to more defensive. Rifle section was eliminated and support section with either 2 x LMG or LMG + SMG** was introduced.

**There was only 500 Erma EMP SMGs in inventory, and most were used by Royal Guards or Gendarmes. I am not sure if any regular infantry unit actually had SMGs in April 1941. SMGs were intended to suplement squad firepower at short range and cover assault element - iow, more LMG role. Hence high ammo load.

1940 org:
Admin and Support section - 12 men including Discipline NCO (Sergeant, pistol + reserve mag), 2 x corpsman, 4 x stretcher bearer, 2 runners (rifle + 100 rounds), 2 x ammo bearers (rifle + 60rounds)
Light Mortar Section - 11 men, led by Sergeant (pistol with reserve mag), 2 x mortar gunner (46mm mortar with 100 grenades + pistol with reserve mag), 8 x assistants (4 x pistol + reserve mag, 6 x rifle with 60 rounds), 4 pack horses

4 x Platoon, each:
- 1 x Support Section, 12 men, lead by Sergeant 1st class (rifle + 90 rounds) and either

-- 2 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds + pistor with reserve mag), 4 x assistant LMG gunners (rifle with 90 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 4 x rifleman (rifle + 90 rounds), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment - 90 rounds and 16 grenades)

or

-- 1 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds), 2 x assistant LMG gunners (rifle with 90 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 1 x SMG gunner (SMG + 320 rounds), 6 x rifleman (rifle + 90 rounds), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment - 90 rounds and 16 grenades)

- 3 x LMG Section, 11 men, led by Sergeant 2nd Class (rifle with 90 rounds), 1 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 2 x assistant LMG gunners (rifle with 90 rounds, pistol wih reserve mag), 1 x grenadier (rifle with V-B attachment, 90 rounds + 16 grenades), 5 x rifleman (rifle with 90 rounds)

Total weapons (w/o Admin and Support section)

- 20 x LMG (900 rounds each), 150 x rifle (144 with 90 rounds each, 6 with 60 rounds each), 16 x rifle-grenade launcher (90 rounds and 16 grenades each), 65 x pistol (2 mags each), 2 x 46mm mortar (100 grenades each)

or

- 16 x LMG (900 rounds each), 150 x rifle (144 with 90 rounds each, 6 with 60 rounds each), 4 x SMG (320 rounds each), 16 x rifle-grenade launcher (90 rounds and 16 grenades each), 49 x pistol (2 mags each)

** Only 500 ERMA EMP SMGs (local designation "Automat 9mm M.35 Erma") were acquired in 1935. There was attempt to obtain additional SMGs in Italy, Germany, Swiss and Finland but none were willing to sell. In February-March 1941. 4000 Thompson SMGs (local designation "Automat 11.43mm M.28T") were ordered from US, but only 300 were delivered, with less then 100 being issued to troops, and probably none seing combat before being captured by Germans and issued to railroad guard troops).

Edited by bojan

Can you explain how you calculate the total weapons, because I do not understand how you come up with the number of rifles.

Other than that, I am surprised that the Yugoslav organization is consistently different to the Greek.

Can you explain how you calculate the total weapons, because I do not understand how you come up with the number of rifles.

Other than that, I am surprised that the Yugoslav organization is consistently different to the Greek.

Obviously I can not add numbers :( mixed plt and Co numbers. Should be fixed now.

Post Greek one, I am interesting to see other ones, expecially "obscure ones".

Edited by bojan

Unfortunately I am no longer in Greece and I don't have access to my books. Simply from memory* I can tell you that the Greek army during the Minor Asia campaign (1919-1922) had platoons of some ~39 men, with two Chauchats and three or four VB launchers. Thus the same heavy weapons as the Yugoslav but smaller platoons (note that the Greek divisions were reduced in paper strength compared to 1918 from some 15,000 to 13,000 men, so that probably played a role). The internal platoon organization IIRC was two rifle squads and two LMG ones.

At some point in the 1920s the platoon organization switched to the triangular system and the squad composition became homogenous (-the French 'groupe de combat' concept developed at the end of the first world war). Every squad had a rifle half-squad (6 men) and a LMG half-squad (4 men), also with a squad leader, an assistant squad leader and a grenadier (VB launcher). In 1940 the platoon had some ~43 men.

Rifle companies switched from 4 to 3 platoons after the Balkan Wars, but after the reorganization of 1917-1918 and up to 1941 they kept the 4-platoon structure.

Another difference between the Greek and the Yugoslav armies is ammunition carried. In 1940 Greek riflemen were carrying 150 rounds of rifle ammunition each plus one LMG strip with 25 rds. The non dedicated riflemen (eg squad leader) carried only 50 rounds. The total amount of LMG ammo carried in the squad was some 1,125 rounds. The VB grenadier carried 8 rifle grenades.

*well, not only memory. I checked a post I made online some years ago about the 1940 squad composition

Edited by rohala

Part of ammo was carried by Company Supply Section, IIRC it carries another 2-3 loads, this is only a load carried by soldiers.

In 1936 org rifle section was seen as "assault" element, manual stressing that most brave soldiers would be placed there and that they should practice close combat. They were supposed to carry additional combat knifes in addition to bayonets, and had 6 grenades per rifleman issued.

Company supply section existed everywhere. IIRC the Greek coy of 1940 had a 17-man, 30-mule supply group. Don't know what they carrid however.

I don't know if 6,5mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer ammunition is lighter. But besides the manual I had used when I made that online post (from 1938-1939 I think), I am also seeing right now an article from the late '20s (1929?) that also mentions that a rifleman carries 120-150 rounds for his rifle.

The Yugoslav army really liked the 4 squad platoons for some reason.

Also interesting (and very logical) jump from antiquated assault rifle section to support section, which is similar to modern practices.

Found about ammo issue.

Manual only counts "ready" ammo on stripper clips carried in ammo poaches, another 80 rounds was carried in the sealed waxed cardboard box in the backpack. Those would be used either as a rifleman or for LMGs as needed. No idea if those were on stripper clips or loose. No idea if those that carried 60 rounds carried additional ammo however.

Company logistic part:

19 men, led by Sargent 1st class and Sargent 2nd class. 15 pack horses. Included 2 cooks.

Edited by bojan

Machinegun company (only have 1936 version, but IIRC it did not change a lot)

Commander, Captain 1st class (pistol with reserve mag, horse)

2 x Machinegun Platoon, each

2 x Machinegun Half-Platoon, each

2 x Machinegun section, each consistion of:

Sargent 2nd class (carbine + 60 rounds)

Gunner - Corporal (pistol + reserve mag + machinegun)

5 x Assistant - Privates (2 x pistol + reserve mag, 3 x carbine + 60 rounds)

3 x Horse handlers - Privates (carbine + 60 rounds)

Light machineguns platoon led by Lieutenant, each made of:

3 x Light machineguns section, each made of:

Section Leader - Sargent 2nd class (pistol + reserve mag)

2 x Gunner - Corporal (pistol + reserve mag, LMG)

7 x Assistant - Privates (carbine + 60 rounds)

3 x Horse Handler (carbine + 60 rounds, 3 x pack horse)

Admin and support - 29 men, 3 pack horses

Logistics - 15 men, 10 pack horses

Total (with admin and logistics) - 173 men, 8 x machinegun* (4000 rounds each), 6 x Light machinegun** (1800 rounds each), 98 x carbine*** (60 rounds each), 4 x rifle**** (90 rounds each)

*Most common machineguns were Maxim M.08M, (either German MG08 Maxim or Bulgarian and Turkish models modernized to that standard), rebarelled Schwartzlose M.07/24 and M.40 ZB (ZB-37 aka BESA). There were also rebarreled Hotchkiss M.14/28H, but they were removed from 1st line service in late 1937 and used by reserves and fortress troops. There was also a few 8mm St. Etienne M.07SE, .303 Vickers M.14 and 6.5mm Fiat M.14, but those were in the deep reserve together with other weapons that did not use 7.92x57mm round.

** As noted, those would be Chauchat M.14 or M.14/26, retired to reserve in 1937, ZB-26 (until April 1938), ZB-30 (from early 1938) or most commonly MG-08/15 (M.08/15M). If MG Plt had M.08M than LMG Plt would have M.08/15M. If MG plt had M.40 ZB than LMG Plt would have M.37J. Other than those, there were some .303 Lewis, Madsen and Bergmann MG-15nA guns in deep reserve.

***Carbines were for most 1st line troops same thing as standard M,24 rifle, just with additional side set of sling swivels. Before standardization 8x50R Mannlicher M.95M and 8x50R Lebel Berthier M.07/15 and M.07/16 Carbines were used, but they were moved from active service.

****Rifles were M.24 of Czech, Belgian and local manufacture. Reserves used various other rifles, all standardized to 7.92x57mm - rearsenaled and shortened Turkish, Serbian and German Mauser rifles, Mannlicher M.95/24 conversions to 7.92x57mm and such. There was also a considerable stock of old Mannlicher 1890 models in 8mm, Lebel and Berthier rifles. - those old guns were in deep reserve, and used by various other government agencies - forestry service, gendarmes (Mannlicher 1895 carbines, Mosin Nagants***** converted to 7.92x57mm), police etc.

***** Almost all original 7.62x54R Mosins were sold to Finland in 1920s.

Edited by bojan

• 6 months later...

And now something totally obscure - Kingdom of Yugoslavia paratrooper company.

Little history - paratrooper units were first considered in 1936-37 after observing Soviet military maneuvers (Yugoslavian officer on those was ironically Dragoljub "Draza" Mihajlovic) but only by early 1940 funds were allocated. First platoon was trained and equipped by July 1940 and by April 1941. one company was fully equipped and trained and further 3 companies were in process of being formed, most personal in training.

Commander (Captain I class), pistol with a stock and 3 reserve mags

Light Mortar Section - 11 men, led by Sergeant (pistol with stock and 3 reserve mags), 2 x mortar gunner (46mm mortar with 100 grenades + pistol with reserve mag), 8 x assistants (4 x pistol with stock + 3 reserve mags, 6 x carbine with 90 rounds)

Machinegun platoon consisting of
Heavy Machinegun half-platoon consisting of:
2 x Machinegun section, each consisting of:
Sеrgent 2nd class (carbine + 60 rounds)
Gunner - Corporal (pistol + reserve mag + machinegun)
5 x Assistant - Privates (2 x pistol with stock + 3 reserve mags, 3 x carbine + 90 rounds)
Light machineguns half platoon of:
2 x Light machineguns section, each made of:
Section Leader - Sargent 2nd class (pistol with stock + 3 reserve mags)
Gunner - Corporal (pistol + reserve mag, LMG)
3 x Assistant - Privates (carbine + 90 rounds)

4 x Infantry Platoon, each:

- Command - Lieutenant, Sargent 1st class (pistol with stock + 3 reserve mags)

- 1 x "Automatic" Section, 12 men, lead by Sergeant 1st class (SMG + 224 rounds in 7 mags)
-- 1 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds + pistor with reserve mag), 2 x assistant LMG gunners (carbine with 180 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 6 x SMG gunners (SMG and 224 rounds - 7 mags), 1 x grenadier (carbine with V-B attachment - 180 rounds and 16 grenades). 6 x 1kg explosive packs were carried.

- 3 x LMG Section, 11 men, led by Sergeant 2nd Class (SMG with 224 rounds - 7 mags)

-- 1 x LMG gunner (LMG with 900 rounds + pistol with reserve mag), 2 x assistant LMG gunners (carbines with 180 rounds, pistol with reserve mag), 1 x grenadier (carbine with V-B attachment, 1800 rounds + 16 grenades), 5 x rifleman (carbine with 180 rounds). 5 x 1kg explosive packs were carried.

HMGs were 7.92mm M.40J (ZB-53), LMGs were 7.92mm M.30J (ZB-30), carbines were M.24ChK, pistols with stocks were Mauser C-96, SMGs were 9mm M.35E (Erma EMP-35), light mortars were Polish 46mm mortars.

Every soldier had either bayonet or fighting knife.

M.24ChK carbine with it's bayonet/fighting knife:

It's bayonet/fighting knife:

Yugoslavian order Erma EMP-35 - it had longer barrel, tangent rear sight and bayonet mount for same bayonet/fighting knife as M.24ChK carbine (on the picture it is with incorrect bayonet):

Well, Mauser bayonet was a bayonet primarily, while this one was fighting knife primarily with rifle mounting somewhat of afterthought.

It was based on pre-ww1 M.12 fighting knife, which was based on caucasian kindjal type daggers, adopted via Circassians that settled in Kosovo in 19th century.

Edited by bojan

• 2 weeks later...

Development of Hungarian infantry company form 1920s to the end of WW2:

First org is basically WW1 org, used in 1920:

HQ - 10 men, 4 pistols, 5 carbines/rifles (95M Mannlicher)

2 x Scout sections each with:

- 4 men, 4 rifles (95M Mannlicher)

2 x LMG section each with:

- 12 men, 2 x LMG (7/16M Schwartzlose "light" machinegun), 8 x rifle carbine (95M Mannlicher), 2 x pistol

3 x Rifle Platoon each with:

4 x Rifle Squad each with:

- 12 men, 1 x rifle and rifle grenades, 11 x rifle

In about 1926 org changed to:

HQ - 10 men, 5 x rifle/carbine (95M Mannlicher), 4 x pistol

- 4 men, 4 x rifle (95M Mannlicher)

4 x Rifle Platoon each with:

3 x Rifle Squad each with
- 12 men, 12 x rifle

1 x Support section with:
- 12 men, 7 x rifle/carbine (95M Mannlicher), 1 x rifle and rifle grenades, 2 x LMG (7/16M Schwartzlose "light" machinegun), 2 x pistol

In 1936 org changed again.

HQ - 10 men, 4 pistols, 5 carbines/rifles (95M or 35M Mannlicher)

- 4 men, 4 x rifle (95M or 35M Mannlicher)

1 x Command Squad with:

- 11 men, 9 x rifles/carbines, 1 x rifle and rifle grenades, 1 x pistol

- 12 men, 11 x rifle, 1 x LMG (31/34M aka Solothurn MG30), 1 x pistol

In 1940 org changed, but just slightly, rifle grenades were removed from a command squad and 50mm 39M light mortar was added. Due the low production of 50mm mortar 1936 org was used until at least 1942 with home and ocupational units in Yugoslavia - all units sent to USSR used 1940/1941 org.

HQ - 10 men, 5 x rifle/carbine (95M or 35M Mannlicher), 4 x pistol, - in about 1942 they would get 1-2 SMGs

- 4 men, 4 x rifle (95M or 35M Mannlicher) - in about 1942 each section would get one SMG

1 x Command Squad with:
- 11 men, 9 x rifle/carbine, 1 x 50mm mortar, 2 x pistol - in 1942 they would get one SMG
- 12 men, 11 x rifle, 1 x LMG (31/34M aka Solothurn MG30), 1 x pistol - in 1942 each section would get one SMG

1941 "Assault company" (only really used since early 1942):

HQ - 10 men, 3 x rifle (35M Mannlicher), 2 x SMG (in theory 39M Kiraly, but Steyr MP34 was often used instead), 4 x pistol

- 4 men, 2 x rifle, 2 x SMG

1 x Command Squad with:
- 11 men, 9 rifles, 1 x SMG, 1 x 50mm mortar, 1 x pistol
2 x Rifle Squad each with:
- 12 men, 10 x rifle, 1 x SMG, 1 x LMG, 1 x pistol

1 x SMG Squad with:

- 12 men, 1 x Rifle, 10 x SMG, 1 x LMG, 1 x pistol

Both 1940 and 1941 org were used until the end of the WW2.