Rip, Tanknetter Maxx (Typhoid Maxx Aka Vladan Zivojinovic)

I would like to think that with the positive developments in his life, his heart was overwhelmed with joy and thus his cardiac arrest. Some people have cardiac arrest due to a broken heart. His might've been the opposite.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason L

I've been sitting here a bit numb, maybe a bit teary, trying to come up with something to say but I'm at a loss.

I didn't know Maxx well but we spent a good afternoon together when I was laying over in London and going through a bit of a rough patch.

I'm glad it seems like he conquered some of his demons in the end even if things were cut short.

Goodbye friend.

I have refrained from contributing to this thread, I acknowledge that a loss of one of us is a loss to all of us. I do not believe in praying for the dead (it is not within my protestant belief system) but I do pray for Max's family and friends. That they may be comforted in their loss.

I can hope that Max is in a better place though.

I look back, in my mind, if not actually going over recent posts, and wonder whether he knew that the moment of his passing was imminent. If it was from a massive cardio event, there may have been signs and symptoms, his doctor may have told him to prepare himself. His postings here showed that he wanted to be reconciled, to make peace, with those who he was not in friendship and fellowship with. He addressed some very 'interesting' posts to specific people, and said that this would be the last opportunity to be in communion with him, even if he did not use those words. I suspect that he knew what was coming.

We all know what is coming eventually, maybe he knew more specifically, which is in some ways a blessing, and made some choices.

Those choices were a blessing on us, even those who did not know him at all well, but who read his posts wondering what was going on.

Goodbye Max, not your real name, but the name that you chose for yourself here. I pray for your family and friends, for your children, and their mother. God bless them.

Edited by DougRichards

My Grandfather had a similar problem and yes, Im of the impression he know what was coming. He did odd things like giving me things from collection, or throwing out clutter that had been in a cupboard 20 years. So yes, maybe, even unconsciously, he was clearing the decks as it were.

In the about two years leading up to my father's death we jokingly asked if he was ill several times, because he was acting unusual. Post mortem cancer in his liver was found. When alive that is hard to diagnose because the liver is such a relatively dense organ and the cancer is hard to differentiate from the liver tissue.

So yeah we were right and subconsciously he had known. :(

heart strokes do strike suddenly for the patient, but can be seen on electro cardiogram long beforehand because of irregularities in the diagrams. But who makes those constantly? So yeah, could be that he had felt it coming in a subliminal way.

Edited by Panzermann

Frankly, my first thought at seeing the thread title was that he had made his own exit after settling all scores. Which evidently is not just not what happened, but there would never have been less reason than now per Sardaukar's account.

As others have suggested, my next expectation was that he would have succumbed to an epic fight involving heavies of at least three different nationalities, and possibly some demonic manifestations, while beating the last remaining attacker with the severed head of another. Doubtlessly he was really much more normal than that; I regret much more now that Sunday was the only one of the 2013 I&I crew to meet him in London.

Anyway, Ill certainly miss his posting style. He really should have been a script writer for Adrian Edmondson and Rik Mayall.

+1.000.000. He´d hook you with the first sentence. Never a dull phrase, never shallow.

Edited by toysoldier

I can as hindsight, see that he probably subconsciously knew something was coming. E.g. he gave me his Serbian unit flag and other stuff. Also, he showed me how to use gas and electricity meters "in case something happens to me" as he said... There had been other signs, like him telling to his girlfriend "Merry Xmas (Orthodox one)...with or without me..."

So, afterwards one can say that he knew something was not right. But I doubt he expected anything so sudden, he was so happy and full of life, having plans and enjoying. He was so happy that I was here that it is great sadness it ended so abruptly.

What Jeff said is really right, you (Sardaukar) got in on part of the happy so take that and run with it. Cardiac Arrest is just one of those things, natural causes and way better than cancer. I think I'd rather go out when things are on an uptick rather than when things are really down.

It is awful, no doubt but it isn't as awful as it could've been

shifting gears a bit:

This is still why TankNet is special. We KNOW each other even when we haven't met and people here do care. It's not just an internet forum like all the others. Geoff is proud I suspect and justifiably so

I've been sitting here a bit numb, maybe a bit teary, trying to come up with something to say but I'm at a loss.

I didn't know Maxx well but we spent a good afternoon together when I was laying over in London and going through a bit of a rough patch.

I'm glad it seems like he conquered some of his demons in the end even if things were cut short.

Goodbye friend.

He had you in pretty high esteem, and for reasons that are good to me.

Edited by sunday

Frankly, my first thought at seeing the thread title was that he had made his own exit after settling all scores. Which evidently is not just not what happened, but there would never have been less reason than now per Sardaukar's account.

As others have suggested, my next expectation was that he would have succumbed to an epic fight involving heavies of at least three different nationalities, and possibly some demonic manifestations, while beating the last remaining attacker with the severed head of another. Doubtlessly he was really much more normal than that; I regret much more now that Sunday was the only one of the 2013 I&I crew to meet him in London.

Actually, Harold and Jami also met him.

Actually, Harold and Jami also met him.

We spent our first night in London at his place. He was supposed to meet us at the airport, but overslept so he gave us directions to a pub near his flat. He met us there and navigated us through the two bus changes necessary to actually get to his flat. Jami gave in to Jet Lag around 8pm but Maxx and I stayed up talking (and drinking beer) till almost 2 am. He was good guy.

From what I know about Maxx, if he was aware of his last moments, he was likely saying to himself "Seriously, this is how I going to die, after all the crap I have been through?"

We spent our first night in London at his place. He was supposed to meet us at the airport, but overslept so he gave us directions to a pub near his flat. He met us there and navigated us through the two bus changes necessary to actually get to his flat. Jami gave in to Jet Lag around 8pm but Maxx and I stayed up talking (and drinking beer) till almost 2 am. He was good guy.

Right, I had forgotten that.