Russian Afvs

The T-14 Armata is still an amazing looking tank.

Is that the final production version of the turret with all the bells and whistles added?

Can argue with first, but that is matter of taste)

As for second - it has all planned toys installed, but with high probability arrangement will change. Tho can't say for sure, as noone can.

Thanks GARGAEN.

As far as my first point, yes that's completely a personal taste thing. I still think there's something very special about your typical idea of a tank (something like the T-62, another favourite of mine) with the sloped turret sides and so on. Of course all that vanishes once things like BDD armour arrays and ERA kits are installed but still a fine looking vehicle.

I'm still hoping to see some pictures of the Obj.195/T-95 of the quality that we've seen so far of the T-14 Armata but I realise there's little chance of that. Especially so if the prototypes are still being used as trial vehicles/testbeds which has been mentioned previously. It would be nice but I can't see that happening somehow - even with it being cancelled.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to hear of someone else who likes the T-62. It's also my favourite tank in terms of looks. It is an archetypal tank with its big dome-shaped turret, polygonal hull, and big whopping gun. No screwing around with side skirts or stowage boxes that make it look like it has big ugly elephant ears (Centurion).

I'm still hoping to see some pictures of the Obj.195/T-95 of the quality that we've seen so far of the T-14 Armata but I realise there's little chance of that. Especially so if the prototypes are still being used as trial vehicles/testbeds which has been mentioned previously. It would be nice but I can't see that happening somehow - even with it being cancelled.

I am kinda glad of that. No matter how good Obj. 195 was, thing was UGLY. Like really ugly.

And yeah, just few weaks ago catched myself over idea that T-62 looks as most generic tank for me. Funny to see that opinion here now.

Edited by GARGEAN

It's nice to hear of someone else who likes the T-62. It's also my favourite tank in terms of looks. It is an archetypal tank with its big dome-shaped turret, polygonal hull, and big whopping gun. No screwing around with side skirts or stowage boxes that make it look like it has big ugly elephant ears (Centurion).

Its nice to see that at least someone agrees with me on that one. And as for the Centurion comment.... :D very amusing although I've never quite seen it like that myself. The 105mm-armed versions do have a better look to them than the 20-pdr ones however.

• 2 months later...

Strela-10M4 (Sa-13 Gopher)

The missile is not 9M333 as the fins won't fit into those tubes.

They are all supposed to be conversions.

ETA:- The missile is the Sosna-R, also used on the Palma CIWS from Nudelman. It's a lot more kinematic.

Mach 4 is pretty impressive for a tiny missile.