10.0 And The Move Towards P2W

Skywalkre

Checked the WoT subreddit for the first time in weeks and stumbled upon this post about changes coming up in 10.0.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/3q1wc2/quickybabys_preview_and_thoughs_on_the_upcoming/

The video posted is from QuickyBaby and it deals with the new changes coming to tank visualization. In short, previous visual enhancements such as emblems, flags, etc. that gave no in-game bonus now do. I noticed this when I jumped on the test server a while back but wasn't sure if it was new in this patch or had been around since I took a break from the game and no one noticed or cared. Turns out it is not yet released. Let's hope it isn't.

In its current state it's a clear move towards P2W on WG's part. Even QB, who many complain is little more than a WG cheerleader, is calling it a terrible idea. That says something right there.

While stupid move, emblems are supposed to give 1%, so practically utterly irrelevant,

If I am not wrong on full camo ELC (best camo in game so biggest benefit) it will give something like 1m of difference for the purpose of spotting it.

Edited by bojan

While stupid move, emblems are supposed to give 1%, so practically utterly irrelevant,

If I am not wrong on full camo ELC (best camo in game so biggest benefit) it will give something like 1m of difference for the purpose of spotting it.

There's four slots that will give a bonus. These bonuses range from 1% for all (so 4% total) to 3% for a crewmember (2% for the Commander). You're effectively getting a Vents by using it. Off the top of my head I'm not sure how much more accurate or faster you'll load if you stack them all on the gunner or loader.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if these were easy to afford. The current camo system is easy to afford even if average skill and on a non-premium account. This new system is only really doable if you have lots of gold. If WG is aiming to milk more cash out of a shrinking product it may backfire since there's so many purples out there with loads of tourney gold and nothing to spend it on. The best will just get better with this system (and the rest will have no other choice but to spend money) and that's just bad.

Edited by Skywalkre

WG needs people to spent money, the bigger the advantage the more willing they will be to spent money. If you are honest the content is not there to keep the game going for much longer, so milk the cow as long as it is still alive.

Well I am in beta Armoured warfare and I suspect their pricing will severely limit the amount of money it brings in. Premium for a year as i recall off the top of my head is double that of WOT. Far better to nickle and dime the players. As for numbers, if they leave to play WOWS, then the loss is minimal.