• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any info on K-2's ERA?

Thx!

Not much info released, just as usual. :(

Type I is for turret top and hull ammo storage area, Type II for turret sides, and ones on hull sides are Type III. Type I&II are ERA and Type III is NERA consisted of approximately 10mm steel and 20mm rubber(?).

I'll post more if I find more info on them.

Edited by M48A5K

Are those numbers related to a measured range in meters ? kilometers ??

K2 continues the tradition of pancake turrets:

What about the Leclerc ?

So I did made it, but unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera and hell, too many people here.

Doosan's upgraded K200 KIFV. It's equipped with unmanned turret which can mount 20~30mm cannon.

The turret looks like the Belgian Cockerill CPWS 20-25-30 turret from CMI Defence.

The panoramic sight is similar to the MOP from SAGEM.

Does the coaxial machine gun can be reloaded under armor ?

Edited by Sovngard

K2 continues the tradition of pancake turrets:

What about the Leclerc ?

Good shout; I was thinking specifically about Asian tanks, but Leclerc is definitely une crêpe. ;)

Nothing special. Just numbered targets for different weapons.

The turret looks like the Belgian Cockerill CPWS 20-25-30 turret from CMI Defence.

The panoramic sight is similar to the MOP from SAGEM.

Doosan and CMI are cooperating a lot these days. Here's an article about the vehicle.

The second new vehicle from Doosan DST is a K200A1 APC fitted with a one-man turret, developed as a concept for the ROKA to consider.

Maro Kim, manager of the company’s overseas business team, said the turret on this so-called KIFV CPWS can accommodate a stabilised 20mm, 25mm or 30mm cannon in addition to a 7.62mm coaxial machine gun. The final weapon would be decided by the client. The cannon can elevate from -10°to +45°.

Doosan DST is cooperating with CMI of Belgium on this turret design featuring STANAG Level 4 ballistic protection, and a cooperative agreement was to be signed on 22 October at the Seoul ADEX venue. The inclusion of a turret does not reduce the size of the soldier complement in the rear compartment.

With a 13.2t combat weight, the modified vehicles also features Soucy rubber band tracks to reduce vibration and noise levels.

Kim confirmed the amphibious design of the KIFV CPWS is almost complete and that, as the ROKA considers how to upgrade its older K200 APCs, this design offers a glimpse of its potential. Export markets are another area Doosan DST wishes to pursue with the KIFV CPWS.

Does the coaxial machine gun can be reloaded under armor ?

AFAIK, yes.

Edited by M48A5K

what does "85 $ mil" price means ? 8,5 millons of US dollars for one?

Oh. 8.5 billion Korean Won for single K2. That's approximately 7.5 million USD in today's exchange rate. 3.95 billion KRW for K21, which is about 3.5 million USD.

Edited by M48A5K

Yes, but the translation on this photo is wrong.

'85억원' is 8.5 billion KRW, so it should be ₩8.5bil or $8.5mil(simplified exchange rate of 1000 KRW = 1 USD) instead of $85mil.

doesn't "$" means USD ?

It also means other types of dollar, & peso, e.g. the Mexican peso. The $ sign existed before there was a USA, let alone one with its own dollars. It was first used for the 18th century Spanish colonial peso - which was commonly called a dollar in English. The USA copied that currency (indeed, to start with, before there was a US currency, it used Spanish pesos from Mexico), & copied the sign along with the coins. The US silver dollar is the same size & weight as the 18th century coin. Even colloquial US terms, e.g. 'two bits' for 25 cents, are derived from the peso. A peso was divided into 8 reales, so 25 cents = 2 reales, hence 'two bits'.

Since the US dollar is the copy, it's obviously wrong to reserve for it the symbol for the original - the Mexican peso!

억 or "eok" = 100,000,000

Like Japanese, they don't have a special word for billion. They just say 10 eok (or "oku" for Japanese). They have a special word for what is 100,000,000 which is eok while English just says 100 million.

10 eok makes 1 billion. So 85 eok makes 8.5 billion.

원 = won

Edited by JasonJ