• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Japanese can't say "volcano" ... they say "borukeno"

Koreans can't say "coffee" ... they say "kopi"

They both suck, hows that?

"Coffee" actually sounds more like "caupi(커피)". "Kopi(코피)" was used until late 80's, and it also means "epistaxis" :D

Dirty Korean fails at 2:18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxLj0WD4Rb8

Ground condition wasn't good when the video was taken. Here's a video that shows K1A1 passing the same obstacle at 1:03.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B2nLt58rQM

Edited by M48A5K

Koreans can't solve real issues!? I'd call going from one of the poorest, 3rd world countries in the world in 1953 to a 1st world, rich country now is solving real issues. As for having a poor future, I don't see how their future is any bleaker than the U.S. Our politicians are driving us off a cliff (Dems are doing it in 5th gear while establishment Republicans would do it in 2nd gear with the end result being the same).

As for racism, you have a point there. A Korean can move to the US and later be more or less fully accepted as American (or at least their kids will be) whereas a white or black American who emigrated to Korea, no matter how well they learned the language and culture, would never be fully accepted as Korean.

If only we have a thread or 38 with which to talk about the wide-ranging neuroses of East Asian nation-states.

Anyway, back to the AFV's.

Interesting that the Koreans went for more of a CV-90-like IFV design that seems to be designed to specifically engage other IFV's rather than provide infantry support. What in the way of rounds can the 40mm fire?

Edited by FlyingCanOpener

Interesting that the Koreans went for more of a CV-90-like IFV design that seems to be designed to specifically engage other IFV's rather than provide infantry support. What in the way of rounds can the 40mm fire?

Wide range of cannon calibers were considered during the development stage of K21, and 2 1:8 scale models built in 1991 had 30mm and 35mm cannon. However 40mm was selected not only because it's more powerful than 25~35mm, but to provide MMFA capability and longer effective range to counter ATGM platforms, including helicopters. K40 40mm autocannon can fire HE(K216), PFHE(K236), APFSDS(K237) rounds at 300 rd/min, and automatic loader was installed for better sustained rate of fire.

These two comments go to show how bad relations are between the countries. Was totally innocent at first. I can't leave it like that. I almost did. But if it comes again in a thread not listed above, pardon me jumping on it.

Whoa. Another lengthy post to read. :blink:

Today is a last day of ADEX 2015, and hopefully I'd be able to get there. I'll upload photos here if I make it...

These two comments go to show how bad relations are between the countries. Was totally innocent at first. I can't leave it like that. I almost did. But if it comes again in a thread not listed above, pardon me jumping on it.

Whoa. Another lengthy post to read. :blink:

I do that sometimes.. but others here do it too.

Today is a last day of ADEX 2015, and hopefully I'd be able to get there. I'll upload photos here if I make it...

Looking forward to them if you make it. 안녕히가세요

So I did made it, but unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera and hell, too many people here.

Doosan's upgraded K200 KIFV. It's equipped with unmanned turret which can mount 20~30mm cannon.

Edited by M48A5K