Rude Ships

I was *this* close to getting my fourth kill with the Kuma. *this* close. :(

It was a great game though. Solomons map. Standard battle IIRC. The southern group where I was in made contact with the enemy's main body. I sank a Myogi with torps, followed by a Kuma with AP shells on the citadel. Tangled with a DD and a Tenryu which was *this* close to dying until the kill was stolen from me. A Wyoming sank me but I sank her when my torps which struck her brought about flooding she couldn't stop. By the time I sank, we had lost two ships - the enemy 4/5s of the fleet.

And another great game with the Furutaka, ending with me sinking a CV. Again, map was Strait, Domination battle. So far, I think I've lost a total of two games with the Furutaka, the rest were all wins. Luckiest ship so far. :)

6 kills in the Iwaki alpha yesterday, had n. 7 lined up but got ahead of myself and ran into an island, from which I couldn't back up (at close to 90º... bug?). I deserved to be called a noob for that.

Saw my first Königsberg (Tier V DE CL) just now, me and another Kuma hosed him to death with our 140mm`s. :D

Saw my first one today, hit him with an HE round from my Aoba. Much to my surprise I got a Devastating Strike and he got a detonation. Seen the Soviet DD but haven't shot at one yet.

• 2 weeks later...

A comment from EU discussion on introduction of Russian and German ships, regarding some doubts about the use of cat and dog comparison.

Have you seen cats and dogs? German cruisers were like cats: Just lying around, waiting for someone to shoo them off the couch or for a camera to be around to capture their cute antics. Soviet destroyers were like dogs, following their convoys. Whenever they met, there was lots of noise and they got to play the roles of the predators their ancestors used to be but they usually parted with just a few claw marks.

Saw my first Königsberg (Tier V DE CL) just now, me and another Kuma hosed him to death with our 140mm`s. :D

Saw my first one today, hit him with an HE round from my Aoba. Much to my surprise I got a Devastating Strike and he got a detonation. Seen the Soviet DD but haven't shot at one yet.

Whats so hot abou it? I just sent 2 to Davy Jones locker with the Nicholas

Konigsberg? The flat trajectory AP is pretty sweet, she was a rather valuable member of our team in the internal tournament... Better at mid/long range fight than Omaha or Murmansk thanks to the flat trajectory. Though squishier than Omaha - so if they did not pay attention, any destroyer with 5in guns and AP is going to be deadly :)

They are tricky due the short torp range, but with 5x2 torps broadside if you get in range it is almost no escape for enemy. Once you get 130mm guns you can also play like (very light) cruiser. AP from those is good.

Edited by bojan

That's all good however got enough frustration in real life. Stopped playing DD's in Beta because of that. Stopped playing anything but heavy tanks in WoT because of frustration with trying to play anything else. Don't expect to win all the time but would at least like to have some chance of doing something.