Fallout 4 Thoughts?

Mr King

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I researched some forums, people say that PA can be stolen by enemies or 'borrowed' by settlers when the settlement is under attack. Always taking FCs out may be a solution, some even said that they keep PAs on the roofs etc.

I have found my rare, unique power armor that was left in Sanctuary being worn out in the middle of the commonwealth by traders. One solution is to take the power core out of them, and use a mod that allows you to lock doors, and put them behind locked doors in your settlement. Since I started doing that I have not had any problems. Same thing with weapons, put them in a locked container so NPC's can not take them, as they will take them out of your workshop

Bah, i'm still playing through FNV. AGAIN. I have so many mods for it i think my client size is nearly 30GB now. When i beat it for like the 4th time, i'll pick up F4 with the DLC. Even though it is largely unoptimized garbage, the same could be said of any Bethesda Game. (Stares @ the 7 or so mods/patches that exist for NV alone)

By the way Urbanoid, if you ever want to get into using multiple mods that modify your leveled lists (what kind of loot spawns in containers and on enemies) I will be happy to show you what programs to use. Examples of leveled list modifying mods would be weapon and armor mods.

Thanks, for now I'll finish the game w/out mods, but I will ask for advice for another playthrough. :)

Btw when I installed a game I had everything in Polish, than I changed it to English and now some of the items' (only weapons and armor) names remained im Polish. E.g. I have 6x Grubas and 2x Fat Man, those are the same. And those are items in the inventory, but sometimes I have items in Polish looted from killed enemies. Irritating.

Do you guys usually pick Lone Wanderer perk? Companions seem to be overrated to me.

There are a few quests with the companions, in my current game I've gone solo AND dog meat has gone missing (grrrr)

/R

Went to Far Harbor and it wasn't there when I came back. Not resources themselves, as I didn't break them down, but all junk items containing the resources I mentioned. I browsed a few FO4 threads and some people have had similar problems (one even exactly the same), but there's no way to get it back.

I loaded the save 4 hours before it and took everything from Sanctuary to Red Rocket, where I don't have any settlers. I made a concrete wall and moved everything to to the roof, which is now guarded by few dozens of HMG turrets.

At first I wanted to keep everything in a 'bunker' I made in sanctuary. Concrete walls, roofs, powered door disconnected from the generator when I'm not inside etc. I put all PAs and workshops (except the main one, which i walled off with another powered door) there, but I was still finding them inside after fast travel.