Fallout 4 Thoughts?

Mr King

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined the Space Marines.

Cause they're cool and they gave me nice power armor.

First I tried to do a moral choice but then I decided my character will be naive and take everything he's told at face value, so he just bought all the end justifies the means talk (actually he pretty much just ignored it while ogling the shiny power armor).

So anyway Skyrim is in many ways more immersive, it does feel like a whole continent (the climate differences between the north and south help a lot with the illusion), there's a lot of verticality on the map (probably more than any other game I've ever played) and you can definitely fire it up and do NOTHING for hours (just hike around, pick flowers and butterflies etc). FO4 is first and foremost a shooter.

I joined the Space Marines.

Cause they're cool and they gave me nice power armor.

First I tried to do a moral choice but then I decided my character will be naive and take everything he's told at face value, so he just bought all the end justifies the means talk (actually he pretty much just ignored it while ogling the shiny power armor).

So anyway Skyrim is in many ways more immersive, it does feel like a whole continent (the climate differences between the north and south help a lot with the illusion), there's a lot of verticality on the map (probably more than any other game I've ever played) and you can definitely fire it up and do NOTHING for hours (just hike around, pick flowers and butterflies etc). FO4 is first and foremost a shooter.

Yeah, I'm liking the fact that I can just dink around out in the wilds doing my own thing. Just got invited to join the golden dawn(?) and since I absolutely loathe vampires I'm down with that.

Dawnguard. Skyrim's version of the BoS :) without the super cool armor that is... the top armors in Skyrim are basically evil (Daedric) and Dragonbone.

Actually the Stormcloaks are also nazis (which is why I always go Empire, my character is an immigrant Redguard :P ) so you have plenty of lawful-but-not-really-all-that-good options there.

Did anybody ever play all the way through FO4 as Minutemen? I played through it a few times but always ended up going with the Railroad, since the BoS and Institute were basically both future-Nazis -- I just couldn't bring myself to finish the end game with either one of those factions. I guess the Minutemen were the "best" faction, but they were just so f*cking annoying that I couldn't deal with them either.

Dawnguard. Skyrim's version of the BoS :) without the super cool armor that is... the top armors in Skyrim are basically evil (Daedric) and Dragonbone.

Actually the Stormcloaks are also nazis (which is why I always go Empire, my character is an immigrant Redguard :P ) so you have plenty of lawful-but-not-really-all-that-good options there.

Best armor is Deathbrand -- the drawback is that it's really ugly.

I can craft the chem, but it doesn't work. Same with similar mod.

You can post here, and see if anyone knows of anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/

I started all over, this time with all the DLCs.

For now it's lvl 30something and I still didn't visit Diamond City. :)

Pf. My first visit to Diamond(if happens) usually occurs at 50+lvl, with top-notch X-01, Gauss and stuff, and after at least visiting Glowing Sea... Exploring in this game is much more interesting that going with main quest.

For now I don't even use combat armor (found X-01 yesterday while going to the Castle), maybe if I find the way to recharge fusion cores AND have a lot of them. :) For now I'm just running around with the pupper, kill shit, gather loot (I'm a hopeless loot-whore in just any RPG), do random quests.

For now I don't even use combat armor (found X-01 yesterday while going to the Castle), maybe if I find the way to recharge fusion cores AND have a lot of them. :) For now I'm just running around with the pupper, kill shit, gather loot (I'm a hopeless loot-whore in just any RPG), do random quests.

Dam, like looking at the mirror) But fusion cores are endless, after getting first power armor near car dump I really rarely leave it, and fusion cores count only goes up. Dam, I sometimes found 3-4 in dumpsters...

Maybe it's a matter of level or some perk? I have few fusion cores for now and I'm thorough, very thorough.

There's perk in intelligence tree that slowers FC usage. But even without it I wasn't short of them at all.

When I checked yesterday it was 27 FCs, lvl 36, after ~36 hours of the game.

I found a decent place for leveling early in the game - Parsons Asylum. The building itself is inaccessible, but the mercs outside are respawning every time you get there from the sanctuary. I have some 10k .45 ammo for combat rifle thanks to them. :)

When I checked yesterday it was 27 FCs, lvl 36, after ~36 hours of the game.

I found a decent place for leveling early in the game - Parsons Asylum. The building itself is inaccessible, but the mercs outside are respawning every time you get there from the sanctuary. I have some 10k .45 ammo for combat rifle thanks to them. :)

Well, there is some even easier way to lvl extremely earlygame. Building) Using all shit from santurary gives you 12-14 lvl right outside vault. But in whole lvling in this game is really easy. Just go to the east, clearing all arenas, reached Far Harbor? - to the santurary and to the south. Edited by GARGEAN

Oh, btw I have few unused perk point, 5 or 6. Is local leader worth it? My CHR is now at 1 point, so getting it would be quite costly.

Well, I usually start at 3 total and 10 int SPECIAL. After that all points in unlocking, charisma and craft. IIRC first local leader gives ability to make trade routes? If yes - at least first one is hardly needed if you're carrying settlements.

Check out War of the Commonwealth. It is a fully adjustable mod that adds in enemies and good guys, both static and on patrol all over the map. You can adjust the respawn rate, spawn size, and type of mobs that spawn in. I would have quit Fallout 4 a long time ago without this mod, because without it, the game just feels empty.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12395/?

Check out War of the Commonwealth. It is a fully adjustable mod that adds in enemies and good guys, both static and on patrol all over the map. You can adjust the respawn rate, spawn size, and type of mobs that spawn in. I would have quit Fallout 4 a long time ago without this mod, because without it, the game just feels empty.

It's my first playthrough, so I'd rather stick to vanilla, at least for now. :)

Gargean: Good point, I'm getting a bit more FCs now that robots from automatron DLC can be encountered more often. I think I'll also buy carrying capacity perk, since I have some 6 points left now.

Edited by urbanoid

It's my first playthrough, so I'd rather stick to vanilla, at least for now. :)

Gargean: Good point, I'm getting a bit more FCs now that robots from automatron DLC can be encountered more often. I think I'll also buy carrying capacity perk, since I have some 6 points left now.

As for me - one of the least useful perks. If not Survival - PA gives more that enough carrying weight.

Maybe, I have no idea which perk to choose next. I have non auto rifles and gun/armor upgrades (including science) maxed out, hacking and lockpicking satisfactory, same with stimpak/antirad boost and lifegiver.