Meanwhile In Afghanistan

Panzermann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marine-family-slams-biden-meeting-scripted

Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan slams Biden meeting as scripted, a ‘total disregard' to Marine's death

"You can't f--- up as bad as he did and say you're sorry," Marine's sister said of Biden

The family of one of the Marines killed in Afghanistan last week slammed President Biden’s meeting with the Marine’s pregnant widow as scripted and a "total disregard" to the service member’s death.

Biden traveled to Dover, Delaware, on Sunday to attend the dignified transfer of the 13 service members killed in Kabul's suicide bombings last week and meet with their families.

Jiennah McCollum, the pregnant wife of Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, alongside the fallen Marine’s father and sisters, were scheduled to meet with the president, but only Jiennah ended up speaking with Biden.

Roice McCollum, one of the late corporal’s sisters, told the Washington Post on Sunday that she, her sister and her father all refused to meet with Biden because they held him responsible for their fallen Marine’s death.

Jiennah’s meeting with Biden did not go over well, though, with Roice saying the pregnant widow was frustrated after briefly speaking with the president.

Roice said the family felt the president’s conversation with Jiennah was hollow and lacking meaning, and said Biden appeared to show a "total disregard to the loss of our Marine."

According to Roice’s account to the Post, Biden spoke about the service of his veteran son, Beau Biden, and his death from brain cancer — a topic Biden also brought up while both addressing the nation after the deadly Kabul suicide bombing and speaking with the new prime minister of Israel.

"You can't f--- up as bad as he did and say you're sorry," Roice said in regards to Biden. "This did not need to happen, and every life is on his hands."It disgraces the name of all those who have fought in the past and who are now on ground, foreign ground fighting right now, my son's [82nd] Airborne is still there, and they deserve to be protected," Knauss continued.

The White House did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment

https://www.michaelyon-online.com/now-the-us-military-abandoned-women-and-children-at-the-airport-gate.htm

The Taliban — yes, The Taliban — guarded one family for hours. Waiting for the U.S. military to open the gate. That’s all they had to do. The Taliban can take the military any time they want it, so it’s not as if openly the gate presents special hazard.

This matter was brought up tp the Join Chiefs. Someone in our group got it all the way to Milley. Milley left them behind.

Only one Officer in the entire U.S. military stood up. And that Officer is the Greatest Officer in the Entire United States Military. From which, I heard while we were working rescues, that LTC Scheller resigned. With honor.

I personally know of 49 American men, women, and children, all near the gates now — and there are three empty civilian aircraft sitting for them on the tarmac. Just minutes from the gate.

I repeat for clarity. So that you know it was not a mistype or misstatement: Taliban took four of the Americans, guarded them for hours until the mother told Taliban to leave her and her children by the gate. They are at the gate right now.

Right. Now.

Now I will try to sleep.

13 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

And an interesting idea out of left field to turn Afghan Commando's that have left Afghanistan into something akin to the Gurkha's.

Afghan commandos could fight for British Army like Gurkhas (msn.com)

This is brilliant, which is why the idea escaped the current crop of gold braiders in the Pentagon and the WH.

5 hours ago, Mikel2 said:

The Taliban are now better equipped than many 1st world nations.

20210829_212835-jpg.445456

Reports ive seen online says that list has been greatly inflated. I for one have yet to see any Hercules being shown off by the Taliban, and im pretty sure they would. OTOH, I did see a hangar full of Sea Knights, which is probably going to be an absolute delight seeing them try to keep operational.

4 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

This is brilliant, which is why the idea escaped the current crop of gold braiders in the Pentagon and the WH.

We could form a 'Moslem Battalion' like the Soviets did. Highly useful for operating in the Sandbox.

I wouldnt get your hopes up though, it will probably fall over from the defence budget and the Home Secretary's less than enthusiastic welcome for refugees.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

1 hour ago, Burncycle360 said:

If you check out the Afghan fighting thread on ARRSE.com, they make a convincing case that he isnt being hanged, he is just playing dope on a rope with a camera. 'Look at me ma!' etc etc. Keep checking Tiktok.

Of course it doesnt make the Taliban new and reformed, they just tend to make sure all their retribution is not on camera.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:24 AM, Colin said:

You might find this interesting

More on that direction, along with the extraordinary finding by Georg Soros about Communism being bad. Demographic pressures in the PRC.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/george-soros-and-china-what-difference-decade-makes

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

We could form a 'Moslem Battalion'...

Ah, terminal stage of the Roman empire, hiring barbarians to do what citizens of the Rome were unwilling.

You know surprisingly little about Romans. They were hiring Auxillaries in England near from the start of the Roman invasion. I gather the Romans didnt have much in the way of light cavalry, and the locals here and in the rest of Europe were highly skilled in that field, so they were hired as light cavalry. Archers too IIRC. Rather than end the Roman Empire, they arguably enabled it for well over 300 years.

Did the Gurkha's end the British Army occupation of India? Zouaves end the French occupation of North Africa? Hardly.

6 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Reports ive seen online says that list has been greatly inflated. I for one have yet to see any Hercules being shown off by the Taliban, and im pretty sure they would. OTOH, I did see a hangar full of Sea Knights, which is probably going to be an absolute delight seeing them try to keep operational.

From what I've seen, and with the possible exception of the Blackhawks, the equipment captured is lower tech stuff that it wasn't worth air lifting out.  I'd heard reports of captured AH-64's (which would be stunning), but I'm starting to think those were false.

Id be curious to know how they got those out. They may have slapped some long range tanks on them and flew them out I guess.  yeah, I would guess the AH64's were almost certainly a misidentification of UH60's. If they had to leave any behind they would have demolished them, either on the ground or from the air.

What of the electronic tech inside? did they pull it out or is it a tech boom for Chincom and Russia?

What type of radios were left behind? did they leave the encryption modules? what else did they leave which could almost insure a bad day?