Because, Germany

X-Files

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's U 5 stop was built with four tracks in 1926-30 for a future line to Weißensee which was never realized; they've worked on an extension of U 5 to Central Station for years while coming the other way with the current U 55, originally supposed to be finished this year, but now probably not before next. The U 8 stop was walled off when the Berlin Wall went up and became one of the city's "ghost stations", but was recommissioned after reunification. This is where the residual crowd went, very much an active station - I should know, U 8 is my homeline two stops down.

Meanwhile, another Youtuber action spun out of control in Frankfurt last evening. Apparently two influencers had called for a flash mob, with about 600 showing up and running up and down the famous shopping street Zeil. When police ordered them to disperse, a 17-year-old hit an officer in the face, was detained, stones were thrown, etc.

I had to look him up myself. Former member of the North Rhine-Westphalia state assembly; his daddy was a founding member of the neo-Nazi NPD, which would have made for awkward family events. Lawyer and tenants rights functionary, married to a Greek professor of literature, supposedly has a huge art collection. I see he's a witness in the trial against the Catalonian separatists for being an observer in the illegal referendum.

I had to look him up myself. Former member of the North Rhine-Westphalia state assembly; his daddy was a founding member of the neo-Nazi NPD, which would have made for awkward family events. Lawyer and tenants rights functionary, married to a Greek professor of literature, supposedly has a huge art collection. I see he's a witness in the trial against the Catalonian separatists for being an observer in the illegal referendum.

Thanks, A. Yeah, he testified today. Seems he thinks Catalonia of today is very much like Gandhi's India. His independent wealth may explain why he did not received payment from Puchi's machine.

Edited by sunday

Below is the most detailed account of the incident I've seen. The guy sounds worried about the investigation against him, but of course that's standard whenever a dead body shows up, and German law is actually pretty liberal on self defense. The basic principle is "right doesn't have to yield to wrong", so there is no need for something like a castle doctrine since there is no duty to retreat. While you're supposed to use "appropriate means" which may include just walking away from a quarrel if possible, the latter definitely doesn't apply to your own home, and there is expressive code that using excessive means out of confusion or fear isn't punishable.

There has been a case where a guy was found to have acted in self defense when he stabbed some criminal drinking buddies in his flat after he got the impression they were plotting to kill him. You just shouldn't shoot a fleeing burglar in the back or something (but even in such a case a home owner was initially not tried, and only given nine months suspended for manslaughter upon an administrative complaint by the deceased's relatives).

In the current case, authorities have ruled out a political motive, so it seems indeed to have been a burglary gone very, very wrong. The irony is of course that the investigation will show up in crime stats as being over a knifecrime against a German national by a foreign suspect. Damn stabby immigrants! :D

Following up on that story, the last of the four invaders was arrested two weeks ago in Darmstadt. Unlike his middle-aged German accomplices (the two brothers of which one died were 43 and 51), he is reportedly a 33-year-old Frenchman. No news on determination of self-defense by the family father.

There was another recent spectacular case in the greater Kaiserslautern area tangentially involving at least one American, in which the 59-year-old owner of a gardening business set multiple explosive boobytraps for people he had had quarrels with before killing himself with an insulin overdose on 1 March. A 64-year-old doctor was killed when he picked up or opened a wooden container with a live hand grenade inside at the door of his practice. Two others were injured when a blackpowder-filled log exploded in their fireplace.

Two kilograms of blackpowder, ammunition, copper casings and steel balls were found at the residence of the suspect, named as Dieter Graumann, along with gun parts and a drill press he probably used to prepare the firewood logs. He had prior convictions for aggravated battery over hitting a man with a hammer in 1985, and illegal possession of blackpowder in 2011. Authorities took the unusual step of publishing the suspect's full name to warn possible further victims.

A total of 109 potential targets were identified, many of which had fought with Graumann over bills he wrote; this included an American woman who contested a 3,000-Euro invoice, and was probably the one where another boobytrapped firewood log was found at a residence and disposed of in a controlled detonation. Explosives dogs and a mobile x-ray unit were used in several dozen searches of properties, including in other states like Hesse, Baden-Württemberg and Schleswig-Holstein.

Edited by BansheeOne

Well yeah, but, it could be said that there was some raising anticipation of China turning a corner with loosening up government control and economic zones during the 1980s. If fancied as a trajectory, at some point, democracy could be imagined down the road. But was not to be because of how the Spring of 1989 went. These days and the past couple of decades, it was always assumed that Japanese hated Chinese because of history and racism. But during the 1980s, there was actually quite high hope in Japan for China to go down that trajectory. Clearly made evident by yearly surveys stretching all the way back to the 1970s in which during the 1980s the rate at which Japanese selected feels affinity with China were up around 72%. I would guess the visit shown in those pictures were also out of a sense of anticipation of China

to continue making improvements. After Tianamen Square massacre, it dropped. And kept dropping ever since. I think westerners are completely unaware of this sentiment dynamic, constantly fed dumb downed MSM media. Graph of the yearly survey results in Part 1(3)

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41699&p=1241272

Edited by JasonJ

The agreement with China and Chinese in 1972 signed by PM Tanaka in which diplomatic recognition was exchanged for Chinese renouncement of all World War 2 reparations claims was tone setting for Sino-Japanese relations in the 1970s and 80s, and is a blessing for all Japanese even today, especially in light of recent events in which, alarmingly, Korea is now beginning to seek such reparations through civil lawsuits against Japanese firms.

There is a collective sense of relief among Japan and Japanese that China and Chinese could and would be willing (and stupid enough to) absolve Japan of reparations liability so easily and cheaply.

The collective reasoning behind Japanese sentiment toward China and Chinese in the modern era is multifactorial, similar in various ways to the collective reasoning behind European sentiment toward Jews. That both have fluctuated to extremes in the modern era is interesting.