Because, Germany

X-Files

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here comes those same old tunes for the new era.

Up to 1,000 protesters have clashed with police in eastern Germany in riots reportedly sparked by the arrival of 250 migrants.

Police said protesters shouting "foreigners out" and carrying banners against the "asylum flood" threw bottles and stones at busloads of asylum seekers arriving in Heidenau, near Dresden.

At least 31 officers were hurt in violent scuffles as police used tear gas to disperse crowds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9PxJNVsCw

Damn, everything is scarier in German...

It makes me have an overwhelming desire to either rob a convenience store or shut down a Polish radio station.

Come on, be fair... Germoni has been nothing but welcoming to kebab, for decades.

That was then, this is now. Stick with the Current Truth.

Edited by X-Files

Germany has quietly stopped enforcing European Union rules under which Syrians fleeing the civil war face deportation, it has emerged, as thousands of migrants continued to pour through the Balkans towards Western Europe on Monday.

The move came as Chancellor Angela Merkel and her counterpart Francois Hollande called for an overhaul of the EU’s asylum system, following emergency talks on the migrant crisis in Berlin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11821822/Germany-drops-EU-rules-to-allow-in-Syrian-refugees.html

So does this mean the Euros are going to stop wagging their finger at Americans with their problems with illegals?

There are plenty of finger-waggers in America too, it seems to me. It doesn't seem to be a matter on which continent you are, just what your position towards immigration is.

Also, the folks wagging the finger at the US over immigration are the same ones wagging theirs on Europe over the same issue. Though they seem to have become a little quieter now that projected refugee numbers for Germany alone this year are approaching a full percent of the resident population, compared to ca. 0.1 percent for the US (800,000/81 million vs. 300,000/320 million). Or maybe they're just getting drowned out by the crisis reports, but it's telling that the Red-Green-governed states are not really argueing against conservative demands anymore to cease their practice of winter deportation stops for West Balkan asylum seekers which still account for 40 percent of the total but are almost never recognized as entitled to protection from persecution.

Then again, I just saw some acid-tuned reporting of the fact that the US has declared itself ready to take a grand total of 10,000 Syrian refugees this year and next, so maybe the waggers are resorting to a "why can't the Americans take as many as us" stance now that the downtrodden masses are washing up outside their picturesque rural homes and refurbished inner-city apartments. Admittedly, with the multiple crises around I'm starting to feel like in "The Coming Days" recently myself.

How and why did these effed up refugees become entitled to "asylum" anyways? Since trying to help the savage where they live hasn't been successful, we bring the savage into our home? What genius thinks that will work out? S/F....Ken M

How and why did these effed up refugees become entitled to "asylum" anyways? Since trying to help the savage where they live hasn't been successful, we bring the savage into our home? What genius thinks that will work out? S/F....Ken M

Probably because most of these "savages" are about as closely connected to the savages as you are to POTUS, i.e. they happen(ed) to live in the same country.

If wikipedia is to be believed halfways there are about half a million combatants in syria, a land with a population of about 22 million. So even there those goofers amount to a low single-prcentile of the overall population which in all probability just wants to be left alone. Preferably without any explosions nearby.

Edited by APF

Nothing "just happens." That'a a gutless cop out. The sum of the parts equals the whole. All those people added up and averaged equals ISIS and other durka-durka. The Africans averaged out equal chaotic pestholes like Lagos and Monrovia. All of America averaged up used to be man walking on the moon, now it equals World Star Hip Hop and Honey Boo-Boo. S/F....Ken M

Probably because most of these "savages" are about as closely connected to the savages as you are to POTUS, i.e. they happen(ed) to live in the same country.If wikipedia is to be believed halfways there are about half a million combatants in syria, a land with a population of about 22 million. So even there those goofers amount to a low single-prcentile of the overall population which in all probability just wants to be left alone. Preferably without any explosions nearby.

I think most can pardon to some extent the desire to live away from explosions and thus wish to run away. But running away forsakes their home country. In part of forsaking their home country, will they all also personally forsake their culture and effectively assimilate to their new home? Percentage wise, some just won't and will only be a drain on the economy to care for. It's harsh to call them all savages but it's not possible for all of them to run away. Fixing their country is their path, something that is possibly literally impossible thus making it a tragedy. Only provides a lesson to those that are of a good country to not take it for granted.

Tangentially related, while looking for examples of current German musicians that should be pointed out for other reasons than their weirdness, I found that MIA's "Was es ist" has an entry in the English Wiki category of "German patriotic songs". Which is damn funny considering the story, somewhat explained in the article. While re-googling now, I came across a piece by the leftist Berlin "tageszeitung" of the time which put the band on a level with Martin Walser and his controversial 1998 speech criticizing the use of Auschwitz as a "moral club" for having the temerity to express they no longer pity themselves to be German, even blasting the explanation that their producer was inspired over the reaction he got in Argentina over Germany's anti-Iraq War stance. Per the author, apparently all the right (left?) values of love, respect, tolerance and courage promoted in an accompanying campaign obviously can't excuse "being for Germany".

I have to say that kind of self-hate seems almost like exotic history today twelve years later, including in the Green milieu the "taz" stands for (of course it's alive and well in some fringe groups). It was probably a bit of an education for MIA, who are still around and rather successful, having long ditched their youthful rebel attitude from when they were fresh out of school. I generally like their songs, particularly "Fallschirm", "Tanz der Moleküle" and "Hungriges Herz".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2HM_8QOGA

Because the right to asylum was written into the constitution of the Federal Republic of Germany. This was done oj the background of the third Reich, but never intended to handle such masses of people. When written they thought more of a few dissident intellectuals fleeing their home countries from political oppression. And not millions on the run.

Nothing "just happens." That'a a gutless cop out. The sum of the parts equals the whole. All those people added up and averaged equals ISIS and other durka-durka. The Africans averaged out equal chaotic pestholes like Lagos and Monrovia. All of America averaged up used to be man walking on the moon, now it equals World Star Hip Hop and Honey Boo-Boo. S/F....Ken M

... and the world leaders in drug use.

Seriously, I don't know what you wanted to say here. Did you say that everyone is to be taken responsible for the action of some minorites and should be treated as such? So basically arrest every American leaving his contry cuz dere are soooo many drug users there chances are us got a big fish? No? Sorry, I really didn't understand what you wanted to say.

Edited by APF

I think most can pardon to some extent the desire to live away from explosions and thus wish to run away. But running away forsakes their home country.

I know I'm a very small minority here but I've always felt the idea of a "fatherland" someone has to be proud of and defend at all costs quite hilarious.

After all it's one of the few things you had about as much say in as in your family and mother in law.

In part of forsaking their home country, will they all also personally forsake their culture and effectively assimilate to their new home? Percentage wise, some just won't and will only be a drain on the economy to care for.

There is always some waste. But after adding (for decades) rasnici, pizza, peking duck, falafel and baked banana to Schweinebraten mit Kraut I'm quite eager to try some middle eastern specialities. Sure, you will have some heretics (as you have christian ones) but most of them will either assimilate enough or leave once the situation in their home country stabilizes enough to make a living there.

It's harsh to call them all savages but it's not possible for all of them to run away. Fixing their country is their path, something that is possibly literally impossible thus making it a tragedy. Only provides a lesson to those that are of a good country to not take it for granted.

Hm, most people seem to prefer to be main characters in a play with happy ending. I haven't met many who desire drame for themselves up to now - drama being something which is gladly handed to someone else.

I think most can pardon to some extent the desire to live away from explosions and thus wish to run away. But running away forsakes their home country.

I know I'm a very small minority here but I've always felt the idea of a "fatherland" someone has to be proud of and defend at all costs quite hilarious.After all it's one of the few things you had about as much say in as in your family and mother in law.

In part of forsaking their home country, will they all also personally forsake their culture and effectively assimilate to their new home? Percentage wise, some just won't and will only be a drain on the economy to care for.

There is always some waste. But after adding (for decades) rasnici, pizza, peking duck, falafel and baked banana to Schweinebraten mit Kraut I'm quite eager to try some middle eastern specialities. Sure, you will have some heretics (as you have christian ones) but most of them will either assimilate enough or leave once the situation in their home country stabilizes enough to make a living there.

It's harsh to call them all savages but it's not possible for all of them to run away. Fixing their country is their path, something that is possibly literally impossible thus making it a tragedy. Only provides a lesson to those that are of a good country to not take it for granted.

Hm, most people seem to prefer to be main characters in a play with happy ending. I haven't met many who desire drame for themselves up to now - drama being something which is gladly handed to someone else.

Well whatever ideals there are, many Europeans seem to be getting fed up with immigration for fair reasons, or at least, that's my impression.

I didn't run away from the US. I graduated from my university majoring in International Studies: Asian Studies. Japan is quite suitable for me.

... and the world leaders in drug use.

Seriously, I don't know what you wanted to say here. Did you say that everyone is to be taken responsible for the action of some minorites and should be treated as such? So basically arrest every American leaving his contry cuz dere are soooo many drug users there chances are us got a big fish? No? Sorry, I really didn't understand what you wanted to say.

I'm saying it's not the geography, it's the people that make a society. And that when you bring in new people, they change that society. If you're doing it right, they improve or at least cause minimal negative change. If you're effing it up, it's a 3rd world hovel and chute straight down the toilet. Allowing "refugees" that are simply some other countries losers and criminals to infest your nation is suicidal. Hell, even allowing the "good ones" in often makes life more difficult for the natives, as the newcomers are more desperate and therefore more likely to undercut natives. So yes, you'd be stupid if you fail to assess if an immigrant American is a good value or not. S/F.....Ken M

Well whatever ideals there are, many Europeans seem to be getting fed up with immigration for fair reasons, or at least, that's my impression.

Hm, thing is that loudmouths don't only exist at world of tanks. And newspaper being newspapers they tell the extraordinary.

That being said there's a problem all right: if forecasts are to be believed "we" might get some 0.5% (450,000) of the population as asylum seekers this year alone. Thats a logistic nightmare all in itself even if we're only talking about registration, accommodation and processing of the applications. School gyms have been modified to house them and this caused quite a media uproar. Well, and as sure as the sun rises the usual suspecs rose to the call of "Überfremdung" and "Deutschland den Deutschen" and emergency accomodations are burned to the ground. Again, if I might say so - I still vividly remember the pictures of Hoyerswerda where the official statement of the police was that (after some nights of ever increasing aggressiveness against an lodging of asylum seekers) they were "suprised" that the house was really burned down.

And just like back then the same a$$holes from the same political parties now claim to be shocked by this - after months of verbal arson. But only verbal, see? Here in bavaria this method is so common it even made it into a byword: "ma sagt ja nix, ma red ja blos" (we didn't say anything, we only talked).

'nuff said.