Because The United Kingdom?

Mr King

Ok, so its examples of crap we keep hearing, I dont disagree. But not from me. I dont like the son of a bitch as you have probably gathered, but I dont need to put the cherry on the top saying he is Hitler. For one thing, he doesnt have the attention span for a good fascist.

Competence, someone who actually can actually show leadership and get stuff done. Roosevelt was a good example. So was Reagan. Trump is better compared to one of their doormen than as a President.

And that is more than enough Trump for the UK thread. You have Trump threads coming out your ears, we have just one UK thread, so perhaps never the twain should meet.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He could demonstrate ALL the leadership in the word but the Media won't report it and will give hagiographies for his opponents. This is a function of the media and it's leftist tilt. Your media does the same thing for your own Tories vs everyone else they cover that's leaning left. 

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the media storm over the massive increase in knife crime and how London was less safe than New York?

The BBC has let the stats junkies loose with data of the first 100 murders in the UK in 2019 where a knife was the murder weapon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54845899

I don't see many surprises here. a 66% conviction rate seems pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it with (lesser crimes have much lower conviction rates, single digits for burglaries I believe).

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing that.

When I was performing Jury service 3 years ago, one of the cases was a knife crime, or more accurately, robbery with the threat of a knife. The defendant was held up on charges of having threatened a fellow drug user during an altercation when they had been using drink and drugs. Its still unclear what happened in my mind, it actually appears the witness gave his knives to the defendant willingly during the argument, because he was so stoned he was afraid he was use them on the defendant, and the defendant then used them to extract drugs and money off the victim. He admittedly showed remarkably sober sense in not stabbing anyone, which is probably why he managed to convince everyone he was acting in self defence, and nobody could prove he had taken money anyway. Anyway, he got away with that one, then still went to prison for 5 years when he threatened a supermarket employee for his phone with a screwdriver. Id like to think it would sober him up because he seemed like a fairly nice guy when he was sober, but with prisons being what they are, I have to doubt it.

The judge wasnt remotely surprised by any of this. I get the impression it was just one more case among dozens relating to the Wests Drug problem.  He was even discussing knowledgably with one of the witness's discussing a general size of a crack cocaine rock, and you could see the witnesses eyes glaze over. 'Oh that would be a nice one' he said, with some apparent joy.

Jesus, what an eye opener all that was.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

A couple of slices of UK life.

I like the idea that the maximum penalty is taking away his shiny car. I'd prefer that they stuck his megaphone where the sun don't shine, but this is the 21st century.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-54943215

And now, from the chattering class. Caution, nude statue at top of article.

https://theconversation.com/mary-wollstonecraft-statue-a-provocative-tribute-for-a-radical-woman-149888

Apparently this is very controversial. Some hate it because it's a nude statue of a woman (curiously both prudes and modern feminists), some hate it because the face looks like that of the artist, not of the subject. And some love it because it generates outrage and headlines in the Guardian.

3 hours ago, Nobu said:

I happen to love it. While it may not have been the artist's intention, the response provoked by her art will keep the subject's memory alive.

No, it'll keep alive the memory of some nude model whose breasts will be much more remembered than anything Wollstonecraft ever did.

58 minutes ago, R011 said:

No, it'll keep alive the memory of some nude model whose breasts will be much more remembered than anything Wollstonecraft ever did.

Apparently people think it looks like the author's face.

1 hour ago, wendist said:

I think we can do without seeing him in the nude though.😎

"Winston!" the musical - "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and nudes"

6 minutes ago, Coldsteel said:

"Winston!" the musical - "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and nudes"

...'he was mean, he was tough, now you can see him in the buff, Winnie C, Winnie C!'

Well they are looking for a replacement for 'Hamilton' so....

Well this was interesting, Keir Starmer continues to impress. Basically, the Labour Party General Assembly (which includes the unions) decided to unsuspended Corbyn after his unapology he issued the other day. So Keir Starmer refused to give him back the whip. He can sit as an MP alright, but no longer as a Labour MP, it would have to be an independent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/keir-starmer-refuses-to-reinstate-jeremy-corbyn-as-a-labour-mp/ar-BB1b7CHx?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Keir Starmer has refused to allow Jeremy Corbyn to sit as a Labour MP, even though the former leader’s party membership was reinstated. 

The leader and chief whip Nick Brown decided not to restore the Labour whip to Corbyn, meaning he will not sit and vote with the parliamentary party he once led. 

It follows a fierce backlash over the controversial decision on Tuesday by Labour’s ruling body to reinstate Corbyn’s membership following another anti-Semitism storm. 

Corbyn was suspended from the party in October over his reaction to the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s (EHRC) report into anti-Semitism in the party.

38 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Well this was interesting, Keir Starmer continues to impress. Basically, the Labour Party General Assembly (which includes the unions) decided to unsuspended Corbyn after his unapology he issued the other day. So Keir Starmer refused to give him back the whip. He can sit as an MP alright, but no longer as a Labour MP, it would have to be an independent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/keir-starmer-refuses-to-reinstate-jeremy-corbyn-as-a-labour-mp/ar-BB1b7CHx?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Keir Starmer has refused to allow Jeremy Corbyn to sit as a Labour MP, even though the former leader’s party membership was reinstated. 

The leader and chief whip Nick Brown decided not to restore the Labour whip to Corbyn, meaning he will not sit and vote with the parliamentary party he once led. 

It follows a fierce backlash over the controversial decision on Tuesday by Labour’s ruling body to reinstate Corbyn’s membership following another anti-Semitism storm. 

Corbyn was suspended from the party in October over his reaction to the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s (EHRC) report into anti-Semitism in the party.

That's odd I thought all the policy of all political parties in Britain was to pick the most un electable leader so they would never get elected and have to sort out the Brexit mess. So does that mean the next general election won't be between Hitler Mc Babyeater, Donald Trump with the Libdems coming in third.

I never looked at it like that, but it has to be said, there is a lot to commend that perspective.... Although TBH, I think the only one who had any sensible plans to deal with Brexit was Lord Buckethead.

Yeah, the Labour Party really seems to be trying to clean up its act. They actually seem to be doing something about antisemitism and throwing out as may Corbynista's as they can. They have also listened to comments from the Muslim community and vowed to deal with racism against Muslims. Now all they have to do is come up with some halfway realistic policies and they might even stand a chance of defeating Bojo. Assuming he lasts through to the next election, which nobody is currently expecting.

Libdems always come in third. its a basic law of physics, like water going the other way around the plughole in the antipodes.