9.9 Notes

jwduquette1

FCM 50t doesn't need pref mm. Niether does the IS-6. The only ones that do IMO are the Excel, TOG and Löwe. But hey I am not biased.

IS-6 can't pen anything without gold ammo at tier 9. Got 1100 games in the tank, so I know

Just another move that looks like they want everyone firing all gold all the time. :glare:

(I actually don't believe that... just think it's more incompetence than some grand evil plan.)

And it was test server problem only...

I see that even if owner (formally) changed that blog is still in rumors and scare mongering... :)

IS-6 can't pen anything without gold ammo at tier 9. Got 1100 games in the tank, so I know

Just another move that looks like they want everyone firing all gold all the time. :glare:

(I actually don't believe that... just think it's more incompetence than some grand evil plan.)

yes i agree, they be better off making the guns capable at their tiers with silver, but the gold rds much more expensive and larger performance leap, and keep them at gold only.

The simplest fix regarding gold rounds is leave the upcoming pen nerfs as is and limit every tank to about ~10% of their loadout as gold rounds*. This way everyone has just enough gold rounds for those 'oh snap' moments but not enough to spam all game. Coupled to the pen nerfs and armor means something again (it could also be another way to help balance tanks).

To implement the pen nerfs with no control put on gold rounds is either straight up incompetence on WG's part (which is what I bet it is) or a money grab (which is what it's being called).

*Yes, I'm aware of the discrepancy of ammo capacity. Not a hard number.

Edited by Skywalkre

Was looking over the conditions required to obtain the British A45 Prem Hvy:

Part 1: "Earn a total of 15,000 XP a day in order to earn a number of FTP keys as indicated on the calendar graphic below." This is stretched out over a month. Dunno if there are limitations -- i.e. is it 15000/day in British tanks only?

Part 2: "When you acquire 45 FTP keys, you will unlock an eight-day rental of the FV201 (A45)! Once you've unlocked your A45 rental, continue to battle your way to 200,000 XP and 200 destroyed enemy vehicles in that limited-time heavy and make it yours to keep!"

Looks like Part-2 will require a huge time expenditure. It sounds like all 200000EXP and 200Kills must be earned in the A45 rental...or am I reading that wrong. 25K Exp + 25-kills per day in the A45. So realistically I'd reckon you have to do about 3 to 4-hours of game time per day solely in the A45.

rumor has it that the over-all penetration nerf thingy may have been a flop and that it won't be invoked in 9.9

Which if true is a good thing because they were doing it wrong.

Was looking over the conditions required to obtain the British A45 Prem Hvy:

Part 1: "Earn a total of 15,000 XP a day in order to earn a number of FTP keys as indicated on the calendar graphic below." This is stretched out over a month. Dunno if there are limitations -- i.e. is it 15000/day in British tanks only?

Part 2: "When you acquire 45 FTP keys, you will unlock an eight-day rental of the FV201 (A45)! Once you've unlocked your A45 rental, continue to battle your way to 200,000 XP and 200 destroyed enemy vehicles in that limited-time heavy and make it yours to keep!"

Looks like Part-2 will require a huge time expenditure. It sounds like all 200000EXP and 200Kills must be earned in the A45 rental...or am I reading that wrong. 25K Exp + 25-kills per day in the A45. So realistically I'd reckon you have to do about 3 to 4-hours of game time per day solely in the A45.

This sounds impossible. First I don't know what a FTP is. Second 15K a day at 300 xp a battle will take a long time. Part 2 sounds insane. And in eight days?

rumor has it that the over-all penetration nerf thingy may have been a flop and that it won't be invoked in 9.9

Rumor is quite... Misinformed because it was not intended for 9.9 anyway. That is also why it did not have any version number - it was just test to get statistics. But yeah, why spoil the party, let's pretend that rage was actually worthwhile and diverted something ;)

From what the stats for the A45 look like it doesnt sound like it will be worth the effort to obtain one. A Tier VII Heavy with a OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. VII. So it will probably do decently in Tier VII matches, but the thought of trading blows with other heavies at tier 8 & 9 with a gun that does pin prick Alpha...this seems like it will end up being a down right 'unfun' tank. Sounds like the British equivalent of the pain entailed in playing a Panther-1.

I don't know why, but I really like Black Prince. Despite being just slightly better on paper than Churchill VII, it feels totally different and far superior. Only issue I have with it is that often you have difficulties tracking targets as tracks seems to have more HP than your shot.

My issue isn't the BP itself it's the teir the idiots put it in. A lot of tier issue's IMHO come from the fact the game is limited to 10 across 5 decades. And again IMHO that's true of all three games.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 9.9 came out today I guess. Updating now. I miss when Marek used to keep us informed as I don't go to the forums. I know he is off doing other things. Also, many of our people have abandoned Tanks. Oh well.