Open Beta

Generally WOWS will not save your screen setting so you have to change it everytime you log in, a real pain.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh 35% winrate

I was pulling 60-70% in division and 40% solo. While actually doing more hits average when playing solo.. :angry:

Edited by bojan

Yeah, division mates are terrible killstealers :D

I have rate over 50%, mostly solo, it depends a lot on luck in team though - generally I do not care that much about winning or losing (if I did everything I can) but about doing a lot of damage.

Anyone else locking up occasionally? Either I am in port and can't select another ship while my dead ship is still in battle or I am in battle and I can do nothing. Not even exit game. Doesn't happen all the time but evey once in a while. Yesterday was really bad. I had several occurances.

No, it's been pretty stable for me. My somewhat older PC is running it with graphics on high at around 56fps and my pings have been fairly stable. I did have a blue screen the other day that may have been related to me forgetting to log out and having the game run in the background for about ten hours.

Edited by Harold Jones

WoWs occasionally crashes my computer with a complete freeze up accompanied by continuous noise from the speakers. Have to use the reset button to reboot. It's happened in battle and in port.

Even without an official open beta announcement it looks like word is getting out. I saw 8900 people on the NA server last night when I logged in at 11pm eastern.

I was on around then too. I was surprised at the number of people. I had no lock ups or crashes. My So Car was sluggish in one battle (lag I assume) but BB nimble like in the next.

I was outranged by a crusier in it (Omaha I think). I keep meaning to look up ranges for naval guns in a book I have. I think it is called Fleets of WWII. But it lists the shell weight and range for the guns and torps for most nations.

Edited by Edmund

Don't bother looking up ranges, likely it will piss you off. The ranges used in game are based on WG's evaluation of the maximum visibility range from the main optical range finder of the ship. They calculate this by the height of the range finder above either the deck or the waterline, not sure which. Also due to map size and game balance the maximum elevation, hence range, of higher tier BBs is limited which cuts down the max range of the gun.

Even without an official open beta announcement it looks like word is getting out. I saw 8900 people on the NA server last night when I logged in at 11pm eastern.

Still waiting for them to implement the unified accounts. I have zero desire to bother with low tiers.

Still waiting for them to implement the unified accounts. I have zero desire to bother with low tiers.

The only reason I'm even attempting to play WoT is that they have merged premium time across accounts so I figure I can build up some free XP on WoT to use for WoWs when they do the full merge.

Just play the St Louis, it still fun

I find that the Tenryu is either feast or famine. If anyone you are playing knows how to aim, you die in one or two volleys thanks to a citadel that I swear extends a couple feet beyond the the bow and stern. If you run into a gang that can't shoot straight you can rake in the xp and credits.

I haven't played DD's much. Prefer BB's because I like BB's for real (Not related to game). But St Louis is fun. I will keep it.