Jump to content

Because, Russia


X-Files

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Christian' Russia, the alleged antidote to the Western depravity, orthodox priest is blessing (is it the word? maybe consecrating?) the monument of Stalin, we have people with flags of Stalin. The priest says that:

...the church has suffered due to stalinist rule, but thanks to that there are many new Russian martyrs, to whom 'we' can pray and who help us now

...

and we see what were the goals, actions and life of Iosif Vissarionovich, it was might and invincibility and toughness of the USSR

And we have the very same goal, the Great Russia, even if we call it differently, blah blah blah

Quote

The first monument to Stalin in modern history was erected in Russia

The monument was made according to the project of the sculptor Mikhail Krasilnikov at the expense of the people in 2020 with the assistance of the Russian Knight Cultural Heritage Foundation. Vladimir Parshikov, deputy general director of the fund, said that "those who share their views" were found on this issue both among the management of the Mikron plant and among the workers.

"People expressed a desire to see the monument to Joseph Stalin every day when they come to work," he summed up.

The monument was originally intended to be installed on the territory of Volgograd, but due to the refusal of local authorities, it was never installed in the hero city. Later, the monument was offered to Voronezh, the Moscow region, but they also refused.

With red flags of Victory and St. George ribbons, about a hundred people gathered for the opening. Among the guests of honor were: Honored Artist of the Russian Federation Maria Shukshina, People's Artist of the Russian Federation Yuri Nazarov, comrades from the Pridnestrovian Republic, representatives of religious denominations, deputies of local legislative assemblies.

One by one, the speakers announced that "our cause is just, the enemy will be defeated, victory will be ours!"

"Communism is not bullshit, it's philosophy and methodology," said 86-year-old Yuri Nazarov. "In a short period of time, in 20-30 years, we accomplished what the civilized West has been unable to do in centuries!"

At the end of his speech, People's Artist Nazarov read out the lines of the "First Toast" by the Soviet poet Mikhail Isakovsky:

"And the hour has come. And the time has come -
The fate of the earth was decided.
And everything that Stalin predicted
came true, it happened ... etc"

Today, 10 busts of Stalin are officially installed in Russia, but only in Velikiye Luki the first full-length bronze monument to Stalin was opened. In addition to the construction of the "Stalin Center" in the Nizhny Novgorod region, in total this year 3-4 more new monuments to Stalin may appear in Russia.

 https://dubna.ru/article/2023/08/v-rossii-ustanovili-pervyy-v-sovremennoy-istorii-pamyatnik-stalinu

Edited by urbanoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, urbanoid said:

Any reason to give Russia a benefit of doubt is a good one?

No. They are a fringe, very small group with little real power. Ask Roman, and he likely will tell you Putin does not want to have anything with Stalin, as he is mostly on the side of the pro-West party.

Edited by sunday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, urbanoid said:

'Christian' Russia, the alleged antidote to the Western depravity, orthodox priest is blessing (is it the word? maybe consecrating?) the monument of Stalin, we have people with flags of Stalin. The priest says that:

...the church has suffered due to stalinist rule, but thanks to that there are many new Russian martyrs, to whom 'we' can pray and who help us now

...

and we see what were the goals, actions and life of Iosif Vissarionovich, it was might and invincibility and toughness of the USSR

And we have the very same goal, the Great Russia, even if we call it differently, blah blah blah

 https://dubna.ru/article/2023/08/v-rossii-ustanovili-pervyy-v-sovremennoy-istorii-pamyatnik-stalinu

Iosef Vissarionovich would have laughed his ass off at the whole nonsense, including the bits where they talk of him as Russian.   Then he'd have told the NKVD to take care of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, R011 said:

Iosef Vissarionovich would have laughed his ass off at the whole nonsense, including the bits where they talk of him as Russian.   Then he'd have told the NKVD to take care of them.

He may have seen saw himself as Russian. One book claimed there were rumours his mother had an affair with a Russian, and he was the result. It wasn't true, a photo of his father proves that. But his father was a drunk who beat him, and he may have believed it.

As for the church, his mother enrolled him in a seminary. It didn't take, but he had a strange relationship  with religion all his life. On one occasion Churchill asked Stalin if he forgive him for being so hard on Communism. 'Only God can forgive' he is supposed to have replied.

I think he would have laughed his ass off at this. I also suspect he would have loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all you don't really need to be an ethnic Russian to consider yourself a Russian, just like you don't need to be ethnic Ukrainian to consider yourself Ukrainian today. Things concerning nationality have always been more complicated in the East. 

IIRC on at least one occasion he said he's 'Russified' or 'Russified Georgian', also saw few anecdotes here and there that he considered himself a Russian, but I won't be able to find them now and IIRC their origin was Soviet, from the times after he has already died, so their reliability might be questionable anyway. 

And I agree, there's a chance we would have been laughing his ass off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, R011 said:

Iosef Vissarionovich would have laughed his ass off at the whole nonsense, including the bits where they talk of him as Russian.   Then he'd have told the NKVD to take care of them.

He [likely] considered himself a Soviet [communist].  It's really simple, just like being an American.

"Russian" at that time would be an ethnic description. 

Our Polish members just can't comprehend this likely due to living in the monoethnic, xenophobic state and thinking it's supercool. 

Edited by Strannik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Strannik said:

He [likely] considered himself a Soviet [communist].  It's really simple, just like being an American.

"Russian" at that time would be an ethnic description. 

Our Polish members just can't comprehend this likely due to living in the monoethnic, xenophobic state and thinking it's supercool. 

Sure, that's why as a Polish member I wrote what I wrote, that things aren't that simple in the East when it comes to nationality. 

Xenphobic? Depends to whom, there was no trouble in accepting millions of Ukrainians (including close to one million before the war). OTOH (at least in my opinion) the readiness to accept 7000 thousand 3rd world 'refugees' in the first EU relocation mechanism has cost the previous government the election. Several tens of thousands of thirdworlders due to Putin and Lukashenka's hybrid war? Fuck them, build a wall. 

We're... well, selective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, urbanoid said:

Sure, that's why as a Polish member I wrote what I wrote, that things aren't that simple in the East when it comes to nationality. 

Xenphobic? Depends to whom, there was no trouble in accepting millions of Ukrainians (including close to one million before the war). OTOH (at least in my opinion) the readiness to accept 7000 thousand 3rd world 'refugees' in the first EU relocation mechanism has cost the previous government the election. Several tens of thousands of thirdworlders due to Putin and Lukashenka's hybrid war? Fuck them, build a wall. 

We're... well, selective.

Should've said racist too ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Strannik said:

Should've said racist too ;)

Interesting statement. May I ask why being selective about who you admit in your country could be considered as racist?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we've never had any problem with the Vietnamese arriving here since the 1990s, and those are clearly of 'not our race'. Still, I won't complain, because everytime the 'Poland is racist' narrative goes out into the wider world I'm actually ecstatic and hope it will be spread as far as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Strannik said:

Selectivity based on race is racism.  And I am not voke by any means.

Selectivity could be based on other things apart from race, you know. Like other experiences with people of the same origin, socioeconomic status, skills to contribute to the new society, culture, real need of asylum...

Edited by sunday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...