• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Russia bans Reddit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-bans-reddit-2015-8

Because "drugs"

The Russian government has officially banned Reddit, one of the most popular sites on the internet.

Unless Russian users take advantage of VPN to bypass the website blocks, they will no longer be able to log in and access Reddit.

Roskomnadzor, the Russian agency in charge of media, pulled the plug on the open forum because it contains advice on how to grow "magic mushrooms", a psychedelic drug.

This decision was made after Russia's Federal Drug Control Service decided that Reddit content was promoting talks of these substances -- in communities that were most likely under subreddits r/trees andr/shrooms.

The culprit turned out to be a thread called "Minimal and Reliable Methods for Growing Psilocybe", reported Latvian-based Meduza, the first outlet to break the news. The muckraking publication was formed by a ring of 20 journalists after a Vladimir Putin ally famously fired a prominent Russian journalist from Kremlin media, and since then they've been training a close eye on the Russian government.

Earlier, the Russian government deployed its media forces to ask Reddit to remove drug-growing posts, but there was no reply,Vocativ reported. The Russian version of Facebook, Vkontakte, even posted a Wanted: Reddit graphic to express discontent with Reddit officials.

Russia has had an upturned nose towards pot legalization for a while now. The Russian Health Ministry predicted that "everyone [will become] a drug addict" when it was legalized in Washington D.C, according to The Washington Times.

China and North Korea are the other countries that have officially banned Reddit.

We've reached out to Reddit for comment and will update this post when we hear back.

MOSCOW, Aug. 13 (UPI) -- Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov prompted a wave of social media buzz this week after being filmed swearing under his breath during a press conference in Moscow with his Saudi counterpart.

Lavrov and Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubier met Tuesday to discuss how to resolve the worsening Syrian civil war, and the fate of President Bashar al-Assad. The two men disagreed how to deal with the embattled president, as Russia believes Assad, an ally of President Vladimir Putin, should be involved in a coalition against the Islamic State, but Saudi Arabia wants him removed from power.

While the Saudi top diplomat spoke, Lavrov was seen shaking his head, adjusting his glasses, and muttering to himself, "[expletive] imbeciles," according to translators,

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/08/13/Russian-FM-Lavrov-mutters-salty-language-during-press-conference-with-Saudi-counterpart/1251439476808/?src=r

MOSCOW, Aug. 13 (UPI) -- Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov prompted a wave of social media buzz this week after being filmed swearing under his breath during a press conference in Moscow with his Saudi counterpart.

Lavrov and Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubier met Tuesday to discuss how to resolve the worsening Syrian civil war, and the fate of President Bashar al-Assad. The two men disagreed how to deal with the embattled president, as Russia believes Assad, an ally of President Vladimir Putin, should be involved in a coalition against the Islamic State, but Saudi Arabia wants him removed from power.

While the Saudi top diplomat spoke, Lavrov was seen shaking his head, adjusting his glasses, and muttering to himself, "[expletive] imbeciles," according to translators,

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/08/13/Russian-FM-Lavrov-mutters-salty-language-during-press-conference-with-Saudi-counterpart/1251439476808/?src=r

Smartpowerski? ^_^

Maybe he can regift the reset button.

luckily russian police caught three infiltrated frozen hungarian geese spies before they could poison russians with their evil western taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tQacf-qjg&feature=youtu.be

p.s. some time ago russia banned polish canned fish in addition to previously banned baltic products, citing ´´poison´´ contents, news of this got following comment on est. newspaper´s website ´´it´s the poisonous thoughts fish factory´s workers fascist heads, that poison the food. in north korea worker kisses every fish separately before they are put in the can, but in polish&baltic factories workers set all fishes fins to roman greeting position´´...

Edited by bd1

• 2 weeks later...

So manly Russian of them.

Japan’s top government spokesman on Tuesday expressed his displeasure over a high-ranking Russian official’s Twitter posting in which he used a word for ritual suicide once practiced in Japan after Tokyo criticized the Russian prime minister’s visit to a disputed island.

“I was surprised. The remarks are unproductive and I do not feel like making any comment,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said at a news conference, referring to Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin’s remarks.

Apparently commenting on Tokyo’s protest over Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s trip last Saturday to Etorofu Island, one of the Russian-controlled, Japanese-claimed islands off Hokkaido, Rogozin wrote on Twitter, “If they were real men, following tradition they would commit hara-kiri (ritual suicide) and calm down at last. All they’re doing is making noise."

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/08/25/national/politics-diplomacy/japan-says-russian-officials-suicide-remark-unproductive/#.VdyElJcXXKD

Rogozin is a guy who was a Russian representative to NATO, then he was saying that new members brought a 'virus of Russophobia' with them. When he was denied an overflight over Romania he said that next time he'll come in a Tu-160. I cannot say I'm surprised by his words.

Good that this time also 'old NATO' and 'old EU' countries like Denmark, Sweden and others are being threatened - it makes much harder for useful idiots (or outright cunts) to promote their idiotic 'normalisation'. Some are still trying though, like this POS Renzi babbling about impossibility of 'building an EU against Russia'. It's Russia against the West, they wanted it and they should have it.

Rogozin is a guy who was a Russian representative to NATO, then he was saying that new members brought a 'virus of Russophobia' with them. When he was denied an overflight over Romania he said that next time he'll come in a Tu-160. I cannot say I'm surprised by his words.

Good that this time also 'old NATO' and 'old EU' countries like Denmark, Sweden and others are being threatened - it makes much harder for useful idiots (or outright cunts) to promote their idiotic 'normalisation'. Some are still trying though, like this POS Renzi babbling about impossibility of 'building an EU against Russia'. It's Russia against the West, they wanted it and they should have it.

Just by keeping that guy in high level positions for a long time says a lot.

The problem is you have to ask why they want to do that. And the only answer I can get is they want to cut ties with anyone whom has anything like an ordinary political and economic process.

Alternatively they are run by people whom think this is the way international diplomacy gets done. Im not sure what's worse really.

Russia is just run by Trump. You know, winners instead of losers. :)

Maybe He is the king's tsar's jester?

Maybe He is the king's tsar's jester?

As a jester just symbolically in charge of the defense industry I guess and hope.

On news today: Russian man was arrested in Finland some 10 days ago. Man was about to return to Russia after being on a holiday in Finland and in Spain. Man was arrested because US goverment requested it and now Russians are rising hell about this and demand that the man wouldn't be handed over to US authorities. Reason: not exactly sure but the man is said to be a computer expert.

Funny bit is: Russia is whining that US authorities should have contacted them first and "co-operate" with them on this. (Those who don't know Russians do not hand over their citizens under any circumstances. This is apparently prohibited by their constitution.)

I didn't find any relevant news article on this in english so i decided to use this thread.

All states that come to my mind have regulations that they won't turn over their own citizens to foreign nations ... if arrested on own soil. But that's the thing with national laws ... not valid outside of your own state.

All states that come to my mind have regulations that they won't turn over their own citizens to foreign nations ... if arrested on own soil.

I was surprised to learn during the Amanda Knox festivities that apparently the US of all places has not.