• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the (non)apology from the school principal;

I shall note that in Canada, Pride Month has run over National Indigenous History Month. Intersectionality at its best. 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:07 PM, R011 said:

You mean they won beause the winding down of restrictions as Covid abated, announced before the protest, proceded on schedule?  Okey dokey.

The Freedom convoy did have an impact and was a message that people have had enough. It certainly scared the political class.

3 hours ago, Colin said:

The Freedom convoy did have an impact and was a message that people have had enough. It certainly scared the political class.

Not especially.  The convoy participants had little public support.  Polling at the time was something like 85% against.  It didn't changer policy at the time and I doubt it will if s similar situation happens again.

IMO, it wasn't the level of public support that scared the shit out of the Liberals, (15% support is BS I think, probably more like 35%).  It was the fact that they were on the verge of mass organized protests that they did not have even a fraction of the resources, (police, etc.) to deal with.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, glenn239 said:

IMO, it wasn't the level of public support that scared the shit out of the Liberals, (15% support is BS I think, probably more like 35%).  It was the fact that they were on the verge of mass organized protests that they did not have even a fraction of the resources, (police, etc.) to deal with.

I think it's higher than that even. Lot's of people I bump into have at least sympathy for them, if not outright support. Get out of the major city and that grows.

Well, if statistically speaking every million of social media posts fired by Russian bot artillery increased public support for the truckers by one point, we can assume total support was 350 percent, the balance to 100 being made up by the public of other NATO countries identifying as Canadian ...

14 hours ago, Colin said:

I think it's higher than that even. Lot's of people I bump into have at least sympathy for them, if not outright support. Get out of the major city and that grows.

I don't think it was as high as 50% though.   In particular urbanites despised everything about the protestors.  But that wasn't going to help the government, which did not have the resources to deal with a big slice of inceasingly pissed off people who had had absolutely enough of the lockdown bullshit.

The challenge for the Freedom Convoy is that they were not the usual "Professional Protesters" They did not know how to play the game and were also not a united group. They would have been more effective to have left earlier and then cranked up the social media campaign. 

53 minutes ago, Colin said:

The challenge for the Freedom Convoy is that they were not the usual "Professional Protesters" They did not know how to play the game and were also not a united group. They would have been more effective to have left earlier and then cranked up the social media campaign. 

Slightly perhaps.  At lesat people wou;ldn't have ben as annoyed by them and we'd be spared the hyperbolic nonsense from both sides - especially from Trudeau.  That guy just bugs me.  I'd much rather have his father back and I hated him.

9 hours ago, R011 said:

Slightly perhaps.  At lesat people wou;ldn't have ben as annoyed by them and we'd be spared the hyperbolic nonsense from both sides - especially from Trudeau.  That guy just bugs me.  I'd much rather have his father back and I hated him.

Not the biological one, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

For decades Canada’s national security establishment has sounded the alarm about foreign authoritarian interference. Their dire warnings fell on the deaf ears of a political class bedazzled by China’s potential to counterbalance Canada’s dependence on American markets. 

Canada’s secret service is fighting a hidden civil war (msn.com)

People project their own mentality on others.  It's inevitable.  That's why the urban shitlibs were so terrified by the trucker movement.  The shitlibs know what they would have done had they the same mass as the truckers, and it certainly wasn't what happened.  S/F....Ken M  

On 7/7/2023 at 9:12 AM, JWB said:

For decades Canada’s national security establishment has sounded the alarm about foreign authoritarian interference. Their dire warnings fell on the deaf ears of a political class bedazzled by China’s potential to counterbalance Canada’s dependence on American markets. 

Canada’s secret service is fighting a hidden civil war (msn.com)

and to make matters worse, we are pissing off India. In fact our ex-Defense Minister is connected to the Khalistan movement and the Liberals need to keep that voting Bloc happy 

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/diaspora/why-justin-trudeau-appears-soft-on-khalistani-separatists-in-canada-522688