Jump to content

Because, Canada


shep854

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, bojan said:

Boar mixed with venison or beef ~50/50 is great for sausages.  

That is why goulash was invented.

Right amount of onion, paprika and garlic will sort it out. :)

hrana1423993182_317_velika_divlja_svinja

That kind sorta makes sense if you're boar hunting and you just manage to get a Boar. In North America, the the pigs practically pave the dirt roads.

A score or more of Pigs is easy to net in many hunts. One could probably just leave the boar's for dog food and still have more meat than one can reasonably store. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bojan said:

Boar mixed with venison or beef ~50/50 is great for sausages.  

That is why goulash was invented.

There's a regional meat-packing company that makes a pork/venison sausage that I use quite a bit, particularly for my Tex-Mex stew. Milder flavor than Andouille, but still flavorful.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rmgill said:

Purportedly the sows are good eating but the boars are too musky. 

Boar can be quite good, if the cook knows what he's doing. Most don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rmgill said:

Buy c-130s?

We do use some for SAR, but they don't do well in the coastal mountain fjords. The Bufflo's were excellent for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Colin said:

Apparently, the issue now is that the RCAF wanted new bespoke cockpit systems instead of off the shelf.  Does that ever go well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it doesn't have a fold-out salmon grill, what's the point?

On a serious note, the C-295 looks like a serviceable replacement for the Buffalo (not as good short-field performance, it appears), but an old airframe with new panel. New wine in old bottles.

Just about everything DeHavilland produced after WWIi was pure gold, from Otters up through Buffaloes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like mission-specific software integration is the problem. Maybe things like plotting/commanding optimised search patterns, like those weird triangular pattersn based on beacon drift rates and such.

If you add "must not compromise existing avionics software safety" to "integrated" and "complex concepts not within the normal knowledge base of the developers" you get...

Search patterns like this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

On a serious note, the C-295 looks like a serviceable replacement for the Buffalo

 

There seems to be some disagreement on that point too.  It seems the interior is the wrong shape and size to properly fit the SAR techs' equipment that fit in the old Buff.  The Leonardo C-27 Spartan, on the other hand, was the aircraft the RCAF originally wanted and could fit everything fine.

Edited by R011
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea it sucks for SAR techs that are tall, because like strong, fit athletic paratrooper are never tall....

Also the CoG thing and being able to jump from the ramp, those should have disqualified it from the start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lucklucky said:

Probably Quebec interfered to give the French(Airbus) over the Italians that had the most adequate aircraft, yes the C-27J.

The only thing Quebec cares about are jobs and money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rick said:

A more detailed story here.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/valley-news/renfrew-teen-arrested-for-trespassing-at-st-joes-following-non-disciplinary-exclusion-6467384

Unless he was in-person harassing trans students or deliberately inciting violence, this seems like something of an over-reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, R011 said:

A more detailed story here.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/valley-news/renfrew-teen-arrested-for-trespassing-at-st-joes-following-non-disciplinary-exclusion-6467384

Unless he was in-person harassing trans students or deliberately inciting violence, this seems like something of an over-reaction.

Thank you for the clarifying Ottawa link. But look at why this action was taken. A student refuses to believe the lie of transgenderism. Reverse the roles and see what a short-term celebrity this student would be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Thank you for the clarifying Ottawa link. But look at why this action was taken. A student refuses to believe the lie of transgenderism. Reverse the roles and see what a short-term celebrity this student would be. 

"Transgenerism" isn't a lie.  We'll have to disagree on that.  The question is whether dissent on this issue is worthy of disciplinary action.  Unless, as I said, the protests were more dispruptive or violent than the article suggests, this was an overreaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, R011 said:

"Transgenerism" isn't a lie.  We'll have to disagree on that.  The question is whether dissent on this issue is worthy of disciplinary action.  Unless, as I said, the protests were more dispruptive or violent than the article suggests, this was an overreaction.

Disagree if you think so, but there are only two genders. Anyone who states there are not is a liar and anyone who believes this lie is a fool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

Disagree if you think so, but there are only two genders. Anyone who states there are not is a liar and anyone who believes this lie is a fool. 

Then I must be a liar and a fool. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sardaukar said:

Biologically there are only 2 genders.

Apart from some genetic mishaps.

Thus, the extra genders are mental, not biological issues. 

Sex is the biological part defined by chromasomes and genetalia and most people are either male or female with a few being intersex.  Gender is identity and while the vast majority of poeple identify their biological sex as their gender, others do not.  Hence the people who identify as trans or non-binary. 

You can say trans etc. shouldn't be so, that there are  issues that need to be addressed, like washrooms and athletics, that it's a moral failing or a mental illness, and those are opinions that can be defended or attacked, but saying there's no such thing just flies in the face of reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The splitting of gender from sex was a semantic shift. The fact it's snow balled into men competing as women in sports, male sexual predators being put into women's prisons, and other various aspects (children being mutilated on a lark) is beyond the pale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...