Because, Canada

shep854

On 5/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, EchoFiveMike said:

Meh, how much of the violent crime in Canada is committed by actual Canadians? S/F....Ken M

Getting statistics on who, in terms of group identity, commits crimes in Canada is not easy.  I'm not sure they're even recorded.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, glenn239 said:

Getting statistics on who, in terms of group identity, commits crimes in Canada is not easy.  I'm not sure they're even recorded.

Of course not, that would be damning, and the nice actual Canadians might start noticing things.  And that is the worst possible crime; noticing things.  S/F....Ken M

15 minutes ago, EchoFiveMike said:

Of course not, that would be damning, and the nice actual Canadians might start noticing things.  And that is the worst possible crime; noticing things.  S/F....Ken M

Quite a few years ago, Toronto did a report on who was committing crimes and where in the GTA. The report was was deemed "racist" and disappeared.

17 hours ago, EchoFiveMike said:

Oh, we notice all right.  It's like your election last night where your coastal elite poured hundreds of millions of dollars into the election races and got nothing for it - we're getting as immune up here to the media and what we're told too, and alot of what Canadians talk about and pass onto each other is beer related.  Oh, and after that, word of mouth relaying of news not on the news.  

For example, down in Caledonia there is an indigenous protest that's been going on for over a decade.  The news says that the protestors used industrial equipment to tear up some building site the other day.  The word on the street is that they went to a job site and stole a bunch of equipment to do it.  Nobody charged, of course.  That detail I think the news casually 'forgot' to mention, but it gets passed on person to person, and nobody is fooled.

Edited by glenn239

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, Tim the Tank Nut said:

I've been on that bird, attended a social occasion with the crew.  They seemed really top notch folks.  I can't be certain but I believe I got to see it fly with the English one someplace?  Did they do that in the USA?  It could've just been the crew talking about it.  Their story about the nursing home was both wonderful and awful at the same time.  Probably never happen again thanks to the ravages of time and Covid.

Belatedly, but the Canadian Lancaster was in the UK relatively recently and conducted a number of joint shows with the Battle of Britain Flight bird. Egads, it was 6 years ago. I was lucky enough to see them flying over Rutland Water as a practice flight for their "Dambuster" photo opportunity over the dam at Derwent Water. 8 Merlins. Awesome.

25 minutes ago, DB said:

Belatedly, but the Canadian Lancaster was in the UK relatively recently and conducted a number of joint shows with the Battle of Britain Flight bird. Egads, it was 6 years ago. I was lucky enough to see them flying over Rutland Water as a practice flight for their "Dambuster" photo opportunity over the dam at Derwent Water. 8 Merlins. Awesome.

Turned into quite the spectacle to get her home though.  They'll never do it again...

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Been watching the "Murdoc Mysteries" lately. Well done! Is it popular in Canada?

Not necessarily water-cooler popular, but it gets good enough ratings that its been on thirteen seasons and has been renewed for a fourteenth.

6 hours ago, R011 said:

Not necessarily water-cooler popular, but it gets good enough ratings that its been on thirteen seasons and has been renewed for a fourteenth.

I love it. Its completely nutty (particularly the Halloween episodes) but im rather surprised how much the scriptwriting holds up at this late date.

The one where they save President Teddy Roosevelt from an assassin was particularly amusing.

https://notthebee.com/article/mayor-calls-for-zero-tolerance-for-covid-rule-breakers-and-then-goes-and-breaks-the-rules-hours-later

Hypocrisy knows no borders, apparently.

Earlier in the day, Windsor, Canada Mayor Drew Dilkens joined several other mayors in calling for "zero tolerance" when it came to following Covid restrictions.

Unfortunately, Windsor-Essex had gone into code yellow which reduced the maximum number of people who could dine together from 10 to 6. The mayor, however, had dinner with 8.

1 hour ago, glenn239 said:

One of the engine broke down and they had to replace it with a borrowed one to get it home.

Thats not so bad. I was worried that maybe some government functionary tried to detain the aircraft and crew as somehow violating international trafficking in arms rules for bringing a war bird into the UK. 

That was the hangup that kept us bringing Vandal to holland for the 70th anniversary of Market Garden. The laws for dummy vs live guns or simulators between US and Holland made is extremely skeptical of being able to get there or back with the full kit we have. 

2 hours ago, rmgill said:

Thats not so bad. I was worried that maybe some government functionary tried to detain the aircraft and crew as somehow violating international trafficking in arms rules for bringing a war bird into the UK. 

That was the hangup that kept us bringing Vandal to holland for the 70th anniversary of Market Garden. The laws for dummy vs live guns or simulators between US and Holland made is extremely skeptical of being able to get there or back with the full kit we have. 

Nope, I think it was the Brits themselves that really stepped up and helped us out to get her home.

On 11/26/2020 at 5:20 PM, glenn239 said:

Nope, I think it was the Brits themselves that really stepped up and helped us out to get her home.

They used a loaner from the Battle of Britain flight's stock of spares. It was a different mark of engine, so there was quite a lot of effort involved to prep it and fit it in time to rescue the flying schedule, let alone get it home again.

Some epic flight stages transatlantic for a bird that's 75 years old.

• 1 month later...