Update 0.3.1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already saw the post in official forum. Thanks for the info. Nice to know.

But that thing is uglier than a KV5. :D

Also, those rear 155s should have a range a bit larger than the current 5km of the same guns mounted in Yamato.

Well, no rusk. Myoko will be basically like Mogami on top config, gun-wise, and at Tier VIII with improved barbettes Mogami's 155s will not be much to write home about.

Btw in relation to the new TK system, this suggestion really made me LOL:

almighty Dev , can you also implement the tittle "William D. porter" for those pink Teamkiller ?

"Don't shoot, we're Republicans!"

:D

High-Tier Cruisers: As an experiment, cruisers Ibuki, Senjo, Baltimore, and Des Moines get the activated Maintenance and Repair feature previously available only to battleships. We’re going to track its use and effect on the game and we may continue to experiment with abilities.

So you can use battleships, or you can use fast battleships with amazing DPM that's easier to apply to the target?

Can somebody please post on the official area that as far as the penalty is concerned sometimes accidents happen. I can't say how many times in WOT I've had a team mate move into my view just as I fired. In the ship game with time of flight at range on shells and time of travel on torps it's much easier to hit a friendly when they are close to the enemy.

On the other hand this is needed especially in WOT. All most every game of the 9.7 test I see somebody tagged 'RU' deliberatly shoot a friendly.

I've hit a friendly once with a shot and sunk him, but the other 99% have been torp hits. I get about one own goal every couple days with torps, mostly on extreme range shots I shouldn't have taken.

Edited by Harold Jones

Bother I am way behind. I am only at Teir 6 with Kongo. Everything else is lower. I Finally hit someone with a torpedo yesterday and it was an enemy. I played a few games with my 25 yr old son (Thanks for the code). He is better I think. Problem I have is the time to play. It is either Tanks or ships. So clone me so I can play both.

I started a a torp attack in a DD, as i turned, friendly torps launched from further away appeared and blew me up. I told the guy it was not his fault. The view range for friendly torps should be doubled to avoid unintentional TK

One time when I was hit by a friendly torp the guy apologized later and I told him it was OK because we were in a pretty chaotic swirling engagement. I classified it as an unavoidable accident. These happen. But often the situation is such that the accident is completely avoidable if the shooter (or the victim, depending on the situation) paid a little more attention.

I have seen them far away before as well, but these just appeared after I turned and no friendly ship or aircraft nearby to have just launched them.

I was looking through the scope as I launched torps one game and a friendly moved into view just as I launched and I sank him.

In WOT that happens a lot, friendly moves into my shot space just as I fire gets hit.

In testing the 9.7 WOT I'm constanly seeing 'RU' tagged players blowing up other 'RU' players on the same side right from the start. What's up with that?

• 3 weeks later...

HE is performing better so far, last battle in my T3 US BB I got hit 16 times, 10 AP for 4400 and 6 HE for 3900 (not sure if the damage reflects damage from the fire one of the HE hits started)

South Carolina is slow, but nimble in an elephantine way, it dodges torps beautifully. Max range shots diverge horribly but anything inside 8k is a usually a hit. Just unlocked the T4 it took 3 games in SC, 1/0 in coop, 1/1 in random. .

Essex got dropped down a tier, but the CAGs are stupid now. They took away the 2 fighters, 2 torpedo bombers, and 1 dive bomber group for 3 fighters/2 dive bombers or 3 dive bombers/2 torpedo bombers. Why on earth would I want either of those?

No training rooms. Also, damage dealt screen breaks out gun damage into AP, HE, Fire. The damage received just breaks it into AP and HE so both can contain damage from any fires started by the type. Oh and so far the range advantage for the Japanese BBs doesn't seem to be as overwhelming as the forum drama about it made it out to be. Although since I mostly played DDs and Cruisers before this patch it could just used to being out ranged for part of the game.

ETA: You now know when you've been blown up by a magazine hit. You get the "Detonation" medal. It does come with one of those flag thingies they introduced so I guess that's nice.

Edited by Harold Jones