Because, America

Mr King

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, the typical leftist-inspired, two-tier educational system. Good education for the spawn of the elites, shitty excuse of  welfare for unemployable leftist liberal arts graduates -camouflaged as education- for the riff-raff. 

On 9/29/2021 at 6:56 PM, sunday said:

In related news, Hungarian journo states air-to-air missiles, and ICBM missiles are now the same.

Who was that?

10 hours ago, rmgill said:

Lets Learn English with AdamPeter. 

You have missed the vertical line between the pictures. But of course, due to the lies from your Ministry of Truth, we don't really know that Eurasia or the USA through Eastasia supported Iran to build the Emad.

Which contains Israel, like the light transport/reflex sight small arms equipped Taliban contains Iran (much more effectively than a democratic Afghan gov. would) ...

20 minutes ago, Adam Peter said:

Who was that?

Well grasshopper.... who do you think? 

20 minutes ago, Adam Peter said:

You have missed the vertical line between the pictures. But of course, due to the lies from your Ministry of Truth, we don't really know that Eurasia or the USA through Eastasia supported Iran to build the Emad.

I'm quite aware. I'm also quite aware that there's a big difference between ICBMs with nukes and SAMs. Are you? 

8 minutes ago, rmgill said:

He got bail after less than a day? Was this a self defense shooting? Did the media mischaracterize it?

For what it's worth, what I'm seeing on a local message board is that the shooter has been victimized by gang members for several weeks, that he was being continually beat and robbed. Apparently in the video people are seeing, the shooter is the one in the white shirt getting the ever living tar beat out of him yet again. Moreover, earlier this week apparently he had been pistol whipped as part of another beat down. Others are saying that he is being victimized because he's too "white". He is apparently from a family of means and was a good student. I'm also reading that both he and his parents had made complaints to the school administration.  Further updates indicate that his family aren't the only ones that have made complaints about on going gang/thug activity victimizing their children.

Incident took place less than 25 miles from my homestead.

2 hours ago, DKTanker said:

Others are saying that he is being victimized because he's too "white".

If you're not familiar with "urban culture," you might not believe the pervasiveness of colorism.

3 hours ago, DKTanker said:

For what it's worth, what I'm seeing on a local message board is that the shooter has been victimized by gang members for several weeks, that he was being continually beat and robbed. Apparently in the video people are seeing, the shooter is the one in the white shirt getting the ever living tar beat out of him yet again. Moreover, earlier this week apparently he had been pistol whipped as part of another beat down. Others are saying that he is being victimized because he's too "white". He is apparently from a family of means and was a good student. I'm also reading that both he and his parents had made complaints to the school administration.  Further updates indicate that his family aren't the only ones that have made complaints about on going gang/thug activity victimizing their children.

Incident took place less than 25 miles from my homestead.

That makes a lot more sense. Hopefully if that's the case he is able to be exonerated. 

A self defense claim against multiple attackers would explain a rapid bail in Texas. 

57 minutes ago, rmgill said:

That makes a lot more sense. Hopefully if that's the case he is able to be exonerated. 

A self defense claim against multiple attackers would explain a rapid bail in Texas. 

Not sure about self defense:

Yeah. I saw that. Hence why it's confusing. If the kid was being attacked, repeatedly and the school system was not doing anything about it, then there's a colorable argument to be made for self defense, minor or not. 

I want more facts before I pass any sort of judgement. Same as with all shooting incidnets. 48 hours at least before anything reported should be trusted. 

So, under 21 and not normally able to carry a handgun. There are extenuating circumstances that may set that sort of thing aside. It naturally remains to be seen if the totality of circumstances match up to that. d

there was a case in Georgia years ago that is poetic in the decision over 100 years ago:
Harris v. State, 15 Ga. App. 315, 85 S. E. 813 (1914)

If so, we should undoubtedly be compelled to hold that one whose life had been threatened, and whose very existence was in imminent peril, not from the fact that threats had been made, but from the undeniable evidence that these were to be made immediately effective, would not be required to take even 15 minutes to get a license, when perhaps it was perfectly apparent to himself and to every bystander that, unless he got a pistol within 5 minutes, or less time, the license would be entirely useless, for the reason that it could serve no possible office for a dead man. The license is intended only for the living. It will not be accepted for ferriage on the river Styx.

In fear for his life, he has nothing to lose by breaking the law.

And why should age be a barrier to having the right to adequate self defence?

Assuming that the back story is substantially accurate, the obvious conclusion to draw was that his solution to the problem was appropriate. He even managed to not kill any one of them, which might be restraint (or it might be incompetence, who cares?)

Well, the gun phobic are always screaming about kids having access to firearms. which can be an issue where gangs are an issue. However, its not like gangs pay attention to age limits on anything else prudentially or legality speaking. 

I expect the case is going to be a dogs breakfast legally speaking…

Thank you gents for the background. That bit of legalese from 1914 is quite wonderful, and shows a level, of critical thinking and of common sense both, not commonly found today.

At the moment it looks like some student that according to his skin color should have behaved in a certain, somewhat thuggish manner, and he did not. So his race "bros" tried to make him see "reason", and after experimenting their "reasons" he presented a  counterargument with a similar "reason" of his own.

Edited by sunday

4 hours ago, DB said:

In fear for his life, he has nothing to lose by breaking the law.

And why should age be a barrier to having the right to adequate self defence?

Assuming that the back story is substantially accurate, the obvious conclusion to draw was that his solution to the problem was appropriate. He even managed to not kill any one of them, which might be restraint (or it might be incompetence, who cares?)

If what is emerging is accurate then this will be a situation that most conservatives will probably be fine with.  Which will shock the left because apparently we all hate minorities and won't celebrate a person who was harmed who shot the people harming him or something. . .  It's like those memes about what would we do that show a picture of a black family armed to the teeth; just like with anybody else, if they are owning them for protection of their rights and lives I'll chip in for ammo and range time for them!

4 hours ago, DB said:

Local news and talk radio continue with the same story I related above.  Additionally, there is some talk that he had brought the pistol to school at least one other time.  Lot's of talk that as his physical punishment and embarrassment continued to grow, it was then that he decided to carry the firearm, and then he finally snapped.
Not totally out of the woods on a murder charge, one of the alleged assailants that he shot remains in a coma.

Edited by DKTanker

1 hour ago, nitflegal said:

If what is emerging is accurate then this will be a situation that most conservatives will probably be fine with.  Which will shock the left because apparently we all hate minorities and won't celebrate a person who was harmed who shot the people harming him or something. . . 

Fastest way to get called a racist is to complain about black-on-black crime.

6 hours ago, nitflegal said:

If what is emerging is accurate then this will be a situation that most conservatives will probably be fine with.  Which will shock the left because apparently we all hate minorities and won't celebrate a person who was harmed who shot the people harming him or something. . .  It's like those memes about what would we do that show a picture of a black family armed to the teeth; just like with anybody else, if they are owning them for protection of their rights and lives I'll chip in for ammo and range time for them!

Yep. They will be just fine with it. The Big tent of RKBA has been that way for a long time. 

One of many examples from Oleg, who I've yet to hear anyone in the gun community complain about (other than Simon because Oleg doesn't photograph enough gucci gun brands. 🧐 )

corey_nella_DSC3868web.jpg

Oh, this little model of his was cute as a button. 

odd_couple_1463.jpg

Edited by rmgill