Mr King

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

One of them killed a USAF General. The was probably the most utility Frontal Aviation got out of them.

Except it didn't, that was merely a cover story.  Interestingly, USAF made public one dark program to keep another darker.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:03 AM, RETAC21 said:

Fair points, but a slave also brings liability to its owner, if only because it's a property that needs to be maintained, and losing it decreases the owner property and requires replacement (ie human capital in the strictest definition). 

The Erie canal, the canal that connected NY City with Lake Ontario and the interior of the fledgling USA, was contrary to popular mythology, not built with slave labor.  Rather it was built primarily by Irish immigrants.  Reason, it was far cheaper to pay the Irish, live or die in the dangerous work of digging the canal, than it was to maintain the human investment of slaves.

1 hour ago, DKTanker said:

Except it didn't, that was merely a cover story.  Interestingly, USAF made public one dark program to keep another darker.

Do you have a source for that?  Everything I've seen says definitively that he was lost control of a MiG-23 and died when he ejected.

16 minutes ago, R011 said:

Do you have a source for that?  Everything I've seen says definitively that he was lost control of a MiG-23 and died when he ejected.

Ward Carroll, F-14 RIO and writer, implied that General Bond's death was attributed to the crash of the MiG-23 while it was really an F-117.  Constant Peg, the secret program of MiG-21s and MiG-23s based at Tonopah, was a cover program for Senior Trend, the F-117 program also based at Tonopah.  The airforce, under pressure to reveal what Bond was flying when he died, gave up Constant Peg in order to keep Senior Trend dark.

Maybe it was a MiG-23, maybe an F-117.  What is factual is that the alleged crash site is on ground heavily contaminated by radiation.  Coincidence or convenience?

Given they've stuck to that story decades after the F-117 program was outed and the paucity of sources claiming it was that rather than a MiG-23, I'm inclined to go with the official story.  

5 hours ago, Detonable said:

A friend of mine of Irish extraction said he discovered Irishmen drained one of the swamps in the south US, because the slaves died of malaria or something, costing their owners, but you could always get more Irishmen. 

They did pay to transport themselves. 

There is a bit of a problem here, but it has very little to do with anything the three sides in this argument are saying is the cause.

https://gothamist.com/news/why-are-shootings-and-murders-rise-nyc

You have the Mayor arguing with the court system, the court system arguing with the police commissioner. These people are all supposed to be working together to keep crime under control, instead they're more interested in grandstanding and blame shifting.

Meanwhile, nobody is talking about how NYC has fewer murders than London any more (it doesn't).

I think it's easily established that DeBlasio is a worse mayor than Khan. Not that either are examples of good management or insight into what's required. Vying for worst place with New York isn't exactly a thing that's good even if NYC gets ahead of you. 

It's like bragging that you don't have as many syphylis  sores as the other guy. 

Edited by rmgill

6 hours ago, DB said:

There is a bit of a problem here, but it has very little to do with anything the three sides in this argument are saying is the cause.

https://gothamist.com/news/why-are-shootings-and-murders-rise-nyc

One glaringly obvious flaw in the above article; the author conflates not being arrested for a subsequent violent felony with not committing a subsequent violent felony. That's just stupid.

Well, if someone isn't arrested and charged, did the crime actually occur? This all ties into the 2+2=5 logic that the left is pushing. 

Still in shock at Kris Bryant in a Giants uniform. Turner and Scherzer to the Dodgers was shocking, in a different way, as well.

The battle for the NL West is going to be epic.

Edited to add: The Dodgers' front office brain trust is an opponent worthy of serious respect, and this is coming from a Giants fan.

Edited by Nobu

I haven't paid attention to MLB for a couple of decades now, but sure enough when an MLB news story crosses my visual axis it is in a year when the Giants and Dodgers are killing it, and the Padres suffer injuries. Every freakin' time. Padres put together a 0.575 W/L record, one or both of the other two are up around 0.600. F*ckers.

11 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

I haven't paid attention to MLB for a couple of decades now, but sure enough when an MLB news story crosses my visual axis it is in a year when the Giants and Dodgers are killing it, and the Padres suffer injuries. Every freakin' time. Padres put together a 0.575 W/L record, one or both of the other two are up around 0.600. F*ckers.

Agree, the Padres are good enough to win the division in almost any other year. Tatis Jr reminds me of Griffey Jr, i.e., a serious problem for the rest of the league :D

Can't wait to see him in person, actually.