What's This Column Telling Me?

jwduquette1

Yeah we all have missed stuff, but questions like it from long time players are the reason that Marek drinks.

:D

Seriously though, it just shows we really really need nice tutorials and guides.

The game has been around for 4+ years--why didn't they think of that before? Not directed to you personally, but the lack of in-game information to help make the player base not completely useless is perhaps the worst part of the franchises. I teach video game design, and I literally use World of Tanks as an example of how not to foster a decent playerbase because there's no real tutorial to get players to be nothing but useless by default. You can post all the tutorials on your website all you want, but your data analytics shows how few players actually visit the website and participate in forums.

After 22k battles, I finally posted on the forum, and it's only in response to a retard who reported me to Wargaming for abuse and said he's reporting me to the FBI and DHS because I asked him that since his name was Baader-Meinhoff did he condone murderous scum, and when he lost it completely I asked him if he was going to go rob a bank, kill innocent people like 2 of my distant cousins*, and then go train in the Middle East in a terrorist camp.

*Actually happened

We've harped on this countless times in this forum over the years. There's no useful tutorials. Most of the useful information about the game can't even be found in the game, you have to go to third-parties for those (all vehicle stats, armor profiles, etc.). No combat log in game telling players what's happening ("you haxxorz, ima report yuz"). What other logical outcome besides a playerbase that's completely incompetent would you expect from this scenario?

What I find more worrisome is there's not a hint of change for WoWs yet. The same lack of info everywhere...

Well WoWS has that whole annoying, leveling of your account to unlock stuff thing at the beginning. It's annoying if you've played the other games, but it does kind of ease you in by starting with co-op only no research or anything to worry about and over a few games you unlock access to all the bells and whistles. I'm guessing higher tiers that are still locked will add consumables and other planned stuff.

Edited by Harold Jones

Free Experience

So I assume he has the crew exp button unchecked?

No, you get some free xp awarded every match*, checking the increase crew xp box awards the vehicle's xp share** to the lowest skilled crew member.

* IIRC it's 3% 5% xp that gets awarded as free xp which can be used to unlock upgrades from any vehicle you are researching.

**The amount of XP you are awarded at the end of the match is awarded to each crew member and the tank. When a tank has unlocked every possible upgrade it is considered elite and any experience it is awarded accumulates and can be converted to 'Free XP' by paying gold or you can choose to have that xp awarded to the crew as described above.

Edited by Harold Jones

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think one doesn't get 5% free exp from battle if "Accelerate Crew Training" (only available in "elited tanks") is checked? Instead, it's kind of used for 25% extra exp for lowest exp crew member.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think one doesn't get 5% free exp from battle if "Accelerate Crew Training" (only available in "elited tanks") is checked? Instead, it's kind of used for 25% extra exp for lowest exp crew member.

Nope, the extra experience is what would have been accumulated by the tank. Free xp is that experience that is freely spendable on research in any vehicle line. The experience that accumulates on an elited tank is not free experience, but can be converted to free experience by paying gold to do so.

Nope, the extra experience is what would have been accumulated by the tank. Free xp is that experience that is freely spendable on research in any vehicle line. The experience that accumulates on an elited tank is not free experience, but can be converted to free experience by paying gold to do so.

Ah, I think I get it now. Basically with accelerated training tank would stop building up Standard exp for that tank (that could be converted with gold), but it'd still make 5% contribution to Free exp pool.

Good way to easily get free exp is play all your low tier premium tanks on 5x events.

yes I whack up quite a bit that way, have 145,000 doing that and that's after the crew xp event, I had 180,000 then