2015 Tanknet Tactical I&i Rifle Class

Simon Tan

Gloves: I found some snug leather/fabric composite work gloves at Lowe's that are great! They are even touch-pad sensitive!

First Aid: I highly suggest a personal kit to keep on your person. The range no doubt is well-equipped and has trained responders, but the first seconds *if* the unthinkable happens are crucial--never mind minutes or hours! For a great basic kit, Academy Sports has a kit that is centered on a Quik-Clot sponge, with other items in a resealable pouch, for less than $20. You can also get individual Quik-Clot sponges for less than $13. Academy is the only place I can find them!

LOOK in the Camping First-Aid Section.

A video description of the kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APRdUDvPQpY

Edited by shep854

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For range purposes, you need something that can stop major bleeding. Thus a range Blow Out Kit is useful. I started carrying a torniquite and an Israeli bandage as basics for a blow out kit with my every day carry bag. The above cited adventure medical hemostatic sponges and accessory items (gloves, tape, other bits of gauze, etc) in a sligtly dofferent kit make a good base for a basic kit. My kit for the range trip includes a second hemostatic sponge (the trauma kit sponge) and a large Israeli bandage in addition to the smaller one in the BOK.

I have a set of industrial safety glasses similar to these (maybe even the same)

http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDetailRootItem.Aspx?modelnumber=S-13390

are these OK?

Is there a local store near the range where missing required items can be procured?

Edited by Fritz

Let's recap:

visor cap - check

glasses - check

hearing protection - ? have to look into this

gloves - know what to buy

appropriate clothing (sturdy, long sleeves, rain gear, boots) - check

backpack - check

water, snacks etc - check

stuff that was mentioned but I'm clueless about:

belt ?

ammo pouch ?

ha, there's a hunting shop a couple blocks away from where I get my lunch, will check it out

Edited by Fritz

Are you renting from PFT? If so, you don't need ammo pouches. A belt and simple pouch are super handy.

Renting.

What kind of "belt" are we talking about, can you give me a link to an example?

Recapping on Hotel Accommodations.

Shep - Super 8.
I am at the Holiday Inn
Mark von Tschirschkey - Holiday Inn.
Who else is where?

Booze -
I'm bringing a bottle of Glenlivet 15 to share around after hours for proper sipping.

Timing, Mark, Shep and I plan to depart Atl around 11 Sunday. So should arrive at the hotels around 7pm accounting for gas stops etc.

Banshee and me are both in Holiday Inn

we'll be arriving any time between 7-9pm sunday depending on whatever distracts us along the way.

Edited by Fritz

You need to talk direct to Pat. Banshee is in the pipe now....just suck it up. Be Putin.

I was about to send an email but looked at the latest spagetti track predictions, looks like it's swinging east up to rain on New York. Banshee will have travel issues I suspect. When was he supposed to get in on his flight?

Us folks coming up the west side of the storm will be seeing 1" of rain per Weather.com. Those from the eastern seaboard will see upwards of 4-5".

Fritz, you and Banshee, be mindful of possibly being stuck in traffic. Bring food and water and gear to wait around in the car with.

Banshee will have travel issues I suspect. When was he supposed to get in on his flight?

Did not consider this. He's supposed to land around 1pm sat. However weekend weather forecast for NYC area is improving steadily.