John_Ford

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I think your Navy is rather like our Army, rudderless at the top.

Not disagreeing with you, but it is much worse than that. It is the loss of true masculine culture; the loss of responsibility and protection as demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ to the alter of secular liberalism. 

Officers need to take risks toward a common goal. A crew will support them in this to form the teamwork, the bond that makes a military successful. A good crew needs a little of the "Us vs them mentality." Underlying this is the training needed to do this. As described in the article, you don't learn ship handling and station keeping from a c.d. A great example is the Royal Navy assigning their version of midshipmen to conn liberty boats. Nothing like bright teenager or 20 year old being judged by a bunch of salty petty officers. 

Its not loss of masculine culture. The RN has a female Admiral, and im not detecting any real weakening of the system. Much to my surprise it seems to be performing very well indeed, better than any right of us to expect considering how little we have been spending on it.

I think the problem your Navy has, and my army has, is politics. Senior leadership too willing to sell out the best interest of the service to get on. The best indicator of that was the move away from using historic names of your warships (particularly carriers) to Politicians, often with very little, if any, connection to the Navy.

The war on terror Im sure didnt help. But the Navy went through some dark times after Vietnam, it didnt find it self in the doctrinal muddle it now seems to find itself in.   Biden doesnt even seem to be in a hurry to asign a secretary of the navy last I heard.

The JMSDF is by far not made up of Christains surely. If a USN that is operated and led by mostly well mannered and matured-in-thought Christains is somehow had, then is it possible for the USN to not view the personnel (by large as there is the handful of offenders, naturally) of the JMSDF as lesser and unqual in status in not just raw size and lethality difference where the USN is obviously king? Or does that doom the JMSDF and its personnel to a stigma of second rate organization and second rate importance for not believing in and for not practicing the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Edited by JasonJ

19 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Its not loss of masculine culture. The RN has a female Admiral, and im not detecting any real weakening of the system. Much to my surprise it seems to be performing very well indeed, better than any right of us to expect considering how little we have been spending on it.

I think the problem your Navy has, and my army has, is politics. Senior leadership too willing to sell out the best interest of the service to get on. The best indicator of that was the move away from using historic names of your warships (particularly carriers) to Politicians, often with very little, if any, connection to the Navy.

The war on terror Im sure didnt help. But the Navy went through some dark times after Vietnam, it didnt find it self in the doctrinal muddle it now seems to find itself in.   Biden doesnt even seem to be in a hurry to asign a secretary of the navy last I heard.

Will have to respectfully disagree with your first sentence and entirely agree to the role of politics  -- ie, political correctness --  in the military First let's look at what masculine culture needs to be:

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

1Corinthians 16:13-14 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The demise of the military is being abolished by, as you stated, by politics. I can't state what is happening in England, but in the U.S. positive masculine culture is being replaced by the satanic influence of, using U.S. terms, political correctness, feminism, the welfare state, and "wokism."

It is the nature of a man to take risks, to be aggressive in a good manner, and to "take charge." Combine this with intelligence and leadership and you will have good officers to the extent that it is humanly possible. From the Wall Street Journal article such masculinity is absent from the senior leadership of the U.S.N.

When the U.S.N decides to grow a pair, then throw out the "wokenis" culture, and lead by actually training officers to do their jobs and let them learn from their mistakes. 

Lets hope they caught it in time. I guess allowing people off the ship in Cyprus was not a great idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57830617

An outbreak of Covid-19 has been confirmed on the Royal Navy's flagship, HMS Queen Elizabeth.

The BBC has been told there have been around 100 cases on the aircraft carrier, which is part way through a world tour.

Several other warships in the fleet accompanying it are also affected.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said all crew on the deployment had received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine and the outbreak was being managed.

HMS Queen Elizabeth is about a quarter of the way through a 28-week deployment leading the Carrier Strike Group (CSG).

It has now entered the Indian Ocean, and the Royal Navy says it is due to continue on its voyage to Japan later this year.

Around 3,700 personnel are part of the CSG.

A spokeswoman said mitigation measured on board included masks, social distancing and a track and trace system.

"As part of routine testing, a small number of crew from the Carrier Strike Group have tested positive for Covid-19," she said.

"The Carrier Strike Group will continue to deliver their operational tasks and there are no effects on the deployment."

It is not the first Covid scare on board a Royal Navy ship.

Last year, the crew of HMS Northumberland was forced to return to shore and isolate over Christmas after "a number of suspected Covid cases" on board.

The world tour is HMS Queen Elizabeth's first operational deployment, and will cover 26,000 miles.

The Queen and the prime minister both went onboard before it headed off for the Indo-Pacific region.

The ship began sea trials in 2017, having replaced HMS Illustrious which was scrapped in 2014.

It has eight RAF and 10 US Marine Corps F35B stealth fighter jets onboard and will be accompanied to Asia by six Royal Navy ships, a submarine, 14 naval helicopters and a company of Royal Marines.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Will have to respectfully disagree with your first sentence and entirely agree to the role of politics  -- ie, political correctness --  in the military First let's look at what masculine culture needs to be:

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

1Corinthians 16:13-14 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The demise of the military is being abolished by, as you stated, by politics. I can't state what is happening in England, but in the U.S. positive masculine culture is being replaced by the satanic influence of, using U.S. terms, political correctness, feminism, the welfare state, and "wokism."

It is the nature of a man to take risks, to be aggressive in a good manner, and to "take charge." Combine this with intelligence and leadership and you will have good officers to the extent that it is humanly possible. From the Wall Street Journal article such masculinity is absent from the senior leadership of the U.S.N.

When the U.S.N decides to grow a pair, then throw out the "wokenis" culture, and lead by actually training officers to do their jobs and let them learn from their mistakes. 

Rick, we have discussed this a good many times, and i dont suppose im going to change your mind. But if you want an idea of a warrior who defended her people against an aggressive enemy, look up the statue that sits outside the British Parliament. Im sure ive pointed THAT out before, but no matter how many times I tell people to go read the history, it doesnt seem to sit in. Or for that matter, Empress Matilda, or Eleanor of Aquitaine, or Queen Anne. Or Sundays personal favourite, Queen Elizabeth. Read her Tilbury address, and tell me that isnt masculine.

'I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too, and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realm: to which rather than any dishonour shall grow by me, I myself will take up arms, I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field.'

Similarly, we once sent a fleet to the other side of the planet to take back a series of islands under enemy air attack. The prime minister who sent them was a woman. If that is not a masculine decision, then what is it? And what are we to make of the men, more than a few of them in your country, who tried to talk her out of sending them?

If Masculinity is anything, it is an ethos, not a sex, and more than a few women leaders or warriors are equipped with it. Not all, but then, not all men as you are right to point out are suitably equipped.

I mean no disrespect Rick, but I dont get your terms of reference. As always I respect them, but I dont comprehend them.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

2 hours ago, Rick said:

B)

So binoculars, nav systems, and helm controls require a penis to be inserted somewhere to work?  I thought the issues were undertraining of bridge staff and overtasking causing issues with training, retention, and maintenance.

54 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Rick, we have discussed this a good many times, and i dont suppose im going to change your mind. But if you want an idea of a warrior who defended her people against an aggressive enemy, look up the statue that sits outside the British Parliament. Im sure ive pointed THAT out before, but no matter how many times I tell people to go read the history, it doesnt seem to sit in. Or for that matter, Empress Matilda, or Eleanor of Aquitaine, or Queen Anne. Or Sundays personal favourite, Queen Elizabeth. Read her Tilbury address, and tell me that isnt masculine.

'I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too, and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realm: to which rather than any dishonour shall grow by me, I myself will take up arms, I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field.'

Similarly, we once sent a fleet to the other side of the planet to take back a series of islands under enemy air attack. The prime minister who sent them was a woman. If that is not a masculine decision, then what is it? And what are we to make of the men, more than a few of them in your country, who tried to talk her out of sending them?

If Masculinity is anything, it is an ethos, not a sex, and more than a few women leaders or warriors are equipped with it. Not all, but then, not all men as you are right to point out are suitably equipped.

I mean no disrespect Rick, but I dont get your terms of reference. As always I respect them, but I dont comprehend them.

Before I can reply to your statement, we must consider these two statements from -- in keeping with old English -- the King James Version. I know it is long but please bear with me on this. 

Proverbs 10: 10-31
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. 12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. 13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. 14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar. 15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. 16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. 17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms. 18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night. 19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff. 20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. 21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet. 22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple. 23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. 24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. 25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. 26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. 27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. 28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. 29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. 30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Titus 2:3-5
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I do not know enough about English history to know which queen's statue is in front of your Parliament and a quick Google search fails me. I would say that this queen considered England her spouse and home and woe to any invader who tries to break into "her" home and kill "her" spouse. See above for the wife and her home. That being said, the queen may make the decision to declare a war, but it is the men such as Drake, Frobisher, etc. who made it happen.

That being said it is easy to get sidetracked here. The Bible focuses on the wife, not the single woman nor a queen. It is possible to extrapolate the virtues of a good wife to good queens for there are characteristics which cover both positions.  It would be helpful here to re-read the virtues of a good man and a good woman as ordained by God at this point as a reminder. 

Getting back to the point of the failure of the current U.S. Navy's leadership you are correct in that secular politics is destroying the Navy. There is only 24 hours in a day, time that is much better spent on seamanship and not such b.s. horror as "diversity training" and other such nonsense. The senior leadership apparently lacking in today's U.S.N. could use more of the manly virtues spoken about in the Bible and led by the example of Jesus Christ. 

JS Setogiri and a JMSDF P-3C conducted joint-training on the 11th and 12th of July in the Gulf of Aden with CSG21 which included HMS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Richmond, HMS Kent, RFA Tidespring, RFA Fort Victoria, USS The Sullivans, and HNLMS Eversten.

Five images in the quote box.

qeseto1.jpg

qeseto2.jpg

qeseto3.jpg

qeseto4.jpg

qeseto5.jpg

https://www.mod.go.jp/js/Press/press2021/press_pdf/p20210713_01.pdf

https://twitter.com/JMSDF_SDF/status/1414862733778948107

https://twitter.com/smrmoorhouse/status/1414500203370004481

Edited by JasonJ